It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Strange Things Re: Release Of The Memo

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hey, I’ve been excited too. It’s like Christmas for the beleaguered conservatives and the deplorables across the country.

But let’s look at this.

Something isn’t right, and if you’re astute, you might see where I’m going with this.

1. ‪Why in the name of god would the Trump administration give the Dems any reason whatsoever to challenge the intregrity Of that Memo? Don’t change the grammar! Not one punctuation mark or comma! Because to do so would give the crazy and highly fearful liberals a reason to claim it was altered.

Now, we all know the changes were very superficial—-nothing of substance was changed, but the desperate Dems will push the conspiracy that it was substantively altered to save face on the world stage and with their base.

Why would Trump have even taken that chance?

2. Everybody who is anybody in politics and media knows that releasing anything close to a weekend—-Thursday to Sunday—-is the same thing as burying something. News is driven and internalized on the weekdays. Politicians often take advantage of this. Obama was a big weekend releaser.

The Trump administration knows this—-knows that the memo’s biggest impact would take place on a Monday or a Tuesday.

I’m not sure why these blunders are occurring and I’m not calling a conspiracy. But I do wonder if the Trump administration is trying to minimize the impact for the sake of keeping peace.

Or it was a compromise with the left.

Or, it could be, just to throw it out there, that the people who say our government is all just one big team are correct.

That last thought is a bit scary.

But to be honest... I never entirely trust anyone on this world stage.

Never.
edit on 1-2-2018 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I doubt anyone will remember the memo's once the DOJ IG reports comes out.

That has the potential to be much more damaging than any memo.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
Hey, I’ve been excited too. It’s like Christmas for the beleaguered conservatives and the deplorables across the country.

........But to be honest... I never entirely trust anyone on this world stage.

Never.

Why label yourself then. In politics especially vote with your head.
edit on 1-2-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
My thought on letting them change it is this.

If you let them change it to their liking, it shows who they are protecting, and then you also could leak the original so they can potentially expose themselves.

Or he could go one step further and show us 90+ pages of the actual I.G. report , thus usurping any changes to the memo about the report.

Or he's lost his damn mind.

I don't know, he didn't call me this morning.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

I think many believe the report will never come out, or at least be delayed for years. This memo is sort of forcing their hand so to speak.

The biggest issue with the memo isn't the memo at all. It's the reactions by certain individual and agencies regarding the release of the memo. It's quite telling when people start gnashing their teeth and put their Fred Flintstone brakes on in an attempt to stop a speeding train. The impending crash will let all kinds of worms out of the can.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Not if they give the Dems a giant excuse—-like correcting its grammar—-to refute it.

And not if it’s buried on a Friday.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

Now, we all know the changes were very superficial—-nothing of substance was changed, but the desperate Dems will push the conspiracy that it was substantively altered to save face on the world stage and with their base.

You mean you've personally laid your eyes on both copies of the memo? No? So what you actually mean is that you believe whatever Nunes says? Except that's not exactly true either.

Here's what his spokesperson said via Manu Raju on Twitter:

Manu Raju‏ Verified account @mkraju

Nunes spox responds to Schiff: “In its increasingly strange attempt to thwart publication of the memo, the Committee Minority is now complaining about minor edits to the memo, including grammatical fixes and two edits requested by the FBI and by the Minority themselves.”

11:27 PM - 31 Jan 2018 from Washington, DC

So no, not merely "superficial changes" — that's not even what Nunes himself claimed.

I’m not sure why these blunders are occurring and I’m not calling a conspiracy. But I do wonder if the Trump administration is trying to minimize the impact for the sake of keeping peace.

Or it was a compromise with the left.

Or, it could be, just to throw it out there, that the people who say our government is all just one big team are correct.

There's yet another possibility! Nunes is a shill who does what he wants, shirks his leadership duties to run around conducting his own pet projects for the administration while fake-recusing himself and just got sloppy.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It is my understanding The White House Nor anyone in Trumps camp changed anything...
www.thegatewaypundit.com...
Tweet from Pelosi....@DevinNunes’ deliberately dishonest actions make him unfit to serve as Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. @SpeakerRyan must immediately remove him from this position. #RemoveNunes
Reply by Dana Loesch...The changes made to the memo were done at the request of your party and the FBI. Are you now saying you requested him to dishonestly mischaracterize events in the memo?

Just some info to look into

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Have they said they will publish on Friday?

link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

So why would Trump take the chance on giving them anything to refute it?

It doesn’t make sense.

link   
I had a sinking feeling as soon as I read that the memo won't be released until tomorrow.

I should be used to that feeling by now.

link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

originally posted by: RickinVa

on in an attempt to stop a speeding train. The impending crash will let all kinds of worms out of the can.

That is eerily reminiscent of yesterday.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

It’s looking like it, from several sources, particularly Sara Carter, who is leading and driving a huge chunk of this story.

Thursday isn’t so great either—even if it comes out today.

Yesterday would have been preferable.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
According to twitter, news outlets are saying a Friday release, Great!! per usual the commercials (week-end) comes on when the best stuff is happening!! LOL a reply to: DISRAELI

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Trump will be making a statement at 12:30...I am unaware if it will have anything to do with The memo Release

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
As far as any changes being made to the original that remains to be seen. Redaction of classified material very possible but not changes to the material itself.
reply to: MRuss

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You're wise to be suspicious of this memo but it's not like it will get buried just for being released on a Friday. If it's anywhere near as shocking as it's been hyped up to be then it doesn't matter if they'd have released it on Christmas, it would still get picked up again. But yeah, I suspect it's not such a big deal and they just want to plop it out quietly and move on to whatever comes next.

I don't get what's so magical about the weekend that it could bury something like this. Releasing stuff on Fridays works for low-substance controversies but not for actual evidence of crimes, imho.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

1. ‪Why in the name of god would the Trump administration give the Dems any reason whatsoever to challenge the intregrity Of that Memo? Don’t change the grammar! Not one punctuation mark or comma! Because to do so would give the crazy and highly fearful liberals a reason to claim it was altered.

The Trump Administration did not change anything. If you look into it, at was Nunes who did - and actually it was per request from the Dems and the FBI. The whole debacle is quite silly.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: blujay

Exactly!

A document, showing what could be corruption exceeding Watergate, is held on to all week, giving the liberals plenty of lead time to refute it, challenge it and trash it. Then it gets slightly “edited” and released on a frigging Friday, which is a way of minimizing its impact!

What the hell is Trump thinking?

He gives us the impression that he’s all gung-ho about this, about hanging the democrats, about getting the truth out there.

But his response has been pretty dam lackluster by the looks of it.

And why? These idiots tried to can him before he ever got into office!

Or did they?

So confused.

And disappointed.

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rockhndr

Watching now and nothing so far.

I’ll tell you, I’m really suspicious of this whole thing at this point and I’m watching him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join