It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible SC Sasquatch encounter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Hedbangking83

Puma, or Mountain Lion, will come down out of the mountains/hills as necessary. Not very often, but they will.

As for your encounter with whatever it was...

It could have been a bob cat, probably was a bob cat...then again?? Maybe not. I've seen him. Straight up looked him in the eyes from relatively close seen him. I, too, am told it was a bear. Or a deer. Or, even nicer, that I'm lying. Or all of 'em at once.

You aren't the first, and you, surely, won't be the last, to experience something uncanny in the Woods.

Great story, well told!!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Oh, meant to ask...

When did this happen to you?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Nice bed time story, but I don't think Bigfoot was the culprit. Probably a big cat and, or more than likely you had older friends visiting your camp. I have been around the world a few times and camped in some strange places including the Skin Walker Ranch area, Chaco Canyon, and Gost Ranch, I have yet to see a Bigfoot. Perhaps it's my carrying my trusty old .45 , but I simply don't buy the Bigfoot story. I guess I am a sceptic.

There was an increasing on going story about a year ago on ATS about a Bigfoot near Gulfshores Alabama that cought my attention, but it disappeared just like a Bigfoot track. Does anyone know what happened to that story?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

You should be skeptical. It's not possible for all the stories to be true. Not to mention the hoaxers out there trying their foolish games, which tarnish anyone who truly wishes to investigate the phenomena.

Be skeptical. Just be willing to look at each encounter as a separate entity. Skepticism is, from me anyway, welcome.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
would have been 99 or 2000 because I was still in high school
a reply to: seagull

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I respect that. I'm not sure what it was. I was young and scared and more than a little stupid. Would have been a long way to carry a lot of poop for a prank But I suppose its possible older people were pranking us at 2 in the morning. The bobcat/bear combo is most likely I guess. I'd find a unicorn more plausible than a mountain lion in our area. The twisting of the metal has always been the detail that made the event feel uncanny.
a reply to: Nickn3

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Lizard Man

Being native here to South Carolina, I don't remember too many Big Foot sightings.

Lizard Man on the other hand......

Sounds like to me you guys had a black bear encounter. They're all over the place here in SC. The scream could of easily been a bobcat. My son had a run in with one last year while hunting.

To be fair, a good sized buck could also have destroyed your tent quite easily.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I had a lizard man t-shirt as a kid! High five!
a reply to: eriktheawful

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Dont know about the whole bobcat thing. We have one around here, killed about 4 ducks and 6 chickens this past year, never heard it cry out at night, or knew what they sounded like, I have heard cyotes and there loud but not that loud.

Went online to hear one just now, and ya, it is not that scary sounding or sounds anything like a small animal crying out, it would be freaky to hear at night, but not overly alarming, does not have the base or screech that a bigger animal would have.

But the rest that you described, is a bit suspicious, the whole marking its territory with feces, and pissing on your tents, especially the bending the tent poles and such. Could be a bear, but bears don't bother, also most bears don't just wonder around at night willy nilly, contrary to popular believe, not that many bears out for a midnight snack is what i am saying, some of the bigger ones ya, brown bears, but were talking Alaska here, and mostly when they cant keep up there regular uptake of food only to keep them going, there is a what a few hundred pound difference between a brown bear and a black bear. Basically black bears dont eat as much, and they do there wondering mostly at day.

The stink is typical of big foots, but all wild animals smell, or at least the ones in that part of the neck of your woods the skunk apes are known to be stinky buggers and mean, territorial to, or you know so the stories go.

Ah who knows, about 6 months ago, saw a deer in the back yard. It was just chilling out there, for I think 3 days straight, it would come down eat some of the vegetables in a small garden and chew on the tree leaves, then go back in the bushes disappear and come back the next day.

Even took some pics and vids of it, at one point I tried to get closer to it then it went into the bushes, and dropped down down there in the bushes, pretty smart, it thought I did not see it, but saw the tip of its antlers sticking out. But if I was just walking by, and not aware of were it hid, I would never see it if it just stood still, even though I was literally 10 feet from it.

Then after 3 days it was gone, and the next day, was building and cutting some things for the deck with the power saw. When I heard a big noise in the same area, don't know what it was, could have been a bear, probably tracking the deer, or maybe even one of the neighbors for some odd reason messing around and going through the woods in our back yard, but whatever it was, it was big, pushing the little skinny pines and plowing through the bushes like nothing, and making a heck of a lot of noise.

Lets just say you would have to make that much noise intentional, even I would not make that much noise, and I would have a hard time shaking those little pines even if I ran shoulder first into one, and the deer that was around some days ago, that thing made no noise. So whatever it was, or whoever, it wanted to be heard, or just didn't give a #, because it was loud and sounded like it was crashing through the bushes chucking things aside with a stick or something.

This is all in Washington all the pines are literally feet from each other and bushes everywhere cant see 15 feet in front of you, so who knows. I kind of just went to check it out, but the noise stopped when I was getting near it, got a weird felling, but I also had a schedule to keep in my little construction project, whatever or whoever the hell was messing around out there, didn't care to much to bother with it.

Anyways what I am saying is, all kinds of weird # out in the woods, who knows what it can be, most times its just not worth bothering or knowing. Weird # comes, weird # goes, and probably it could just be a mundane everyday thing like a bear or bobcat. Or who knows, in certain situations, the mind fills in the gaps as they say.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Good story. I've heard both bobcat and cougar screams and they are distinctly cat like. Loud and high pitched but none the less they are distinctly feline. I've never heard one sound like a woman screaming.

Plus you mentioned the screams were single screams each time right? Each time I've heard a bobcat or cougar they always followed their screams in multiples. Recently I was within 15 feet of a cougar at around 1 a.m. She was staring me down as I shined her with my 1,000 lumens light. I had my bear spray ready as she crouched under some brush. Dead pan gaze. Not wavering. She was tracking 2 deer that had just come near our camp. I heard the deer which is what prompted me to investigate what sound was near our camp. Never heard her. I just happened to shine my light right onto her face. Creeped me the hell out I'm not ashamed to say. Then she literally disappeared and I never even heard a single leaf crunch as she left. They are masters at stealth.

Black bears forage at night and this is also when they sleep the most and are not in prime time hunt mode so their aggression level is much lower and they are essentially in chill mode. You also heard heavy footsteps. I've heard bear in the woods and never once have I heard them make heavy footsteps. I'm not saying they don't but I've personally never heard them and I can't even count how many black bear I've encountered. Also, the times I have encountered bear they have almost always taken off at a full sprint. Black bears tend to be very skittish. The only time I ever had a bear not run was during mating season and I happened upon him courting a female. He was definitely not giving up his ground. He stood up on his hind legs and then turned sideways just like the classic Arnold Schwarzenegger Mr. Universe pose. At first I was hypnotized by him but then I had an overwhelming feeling of dread and I left immediately. Later that night I researched aggressive black bear behavior during mating season and I learned when a black bear strikes this pose it means he is showing you how large he is and his next move is a full on charge to attack. I got lucky.

Your campsite being torn apart is indicative behavior of territorial aggression. Shredded tents, uniquely twisted metal, feces everywhere, urine as well. All hallmark signs that whatever it was marked their territory to let you know it's theirs. I've had a bear come into camp on a few occasions and while they did search for food they never destroyed it in the manner you described. We always cook 100 feet away from where we sleep and we always string our food up high in a tree.

A woman screaming is one of the most commonly reported Sasquatch sounds so that is interesting as well. Then you heard the same sound on the recording from the state trooper so it essentially confirms at least you are able to identify the sound as unique. A state trooper carries credibility as he was someone who stands to lose credibility not only among his peers but also within his community. His event must have been traumatizing enough that he overlooked the repercussions of his story because...well..sometimes we just have to share the really weird shlt that happens to us.

I believe you encountered a Sasquatch.

edit on 31-1-2018 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
We have bobcats here (Eastern Catskills) and I've heard that scream you refer to before. I've always guessed it was a bobcat but not eyewitness yet, for me, of the screaming -- though I have spotted a bobcat on occasion, even right next to my house once in the winter. As for large piles of animal feces, bears do leave them. (I used to think my neighbor had a great Dane but discarded that theory once I picked apart the scat -- full of acorns and bees.)

On the other hand, the sound of rocks being pounded against trees in the middle of the night, the overwhelming smell of dead animal in certain places, unexpectedly -- these I know as a distance runner who used to run roads and trails at all odd hours of the day and night. Never saw a squatch but at least one of my Himalayan friends -- a Buddhist monk from Arunachal Pradesh, a wild state in northeast India where Yeti/Sasquatch sightings are legendary -- told me the unusually bad smell we noticed in the woods was a "migo" -- a wild-man or yeti smell.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Great story well written. Im fascinated by the subject and have spent hours on Youtube. There is so much there that can easily be passed off but just now and again I see something I just cannot explain. Maybe you were jumping to conclusions with what you heard but you make some unusual points and America is a bloody huge country.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
In Columbia, SC , we took a photo on our trail cam of the 32-50 lb. bobcat in our back yard. I have never heard cat screams here in the last decade. They roam the suburbs eating people's pet rabbits, cats. We had a rabbit gut pile in the front yard one year. I don't think many big foot are here in this state. It is so hot and humid, and fire ants are everywhere. Wild Boar are hunted over near George town and Pawley's Island SC. They can be 600-900 lbs. Then again all the sightings on the BFRO web site are on the coast and in the mountains in SC. I love to read these strange stories. Yours is a great story. I hope you are a write in life. Thanks for sharing. Report it on the BFRO web site.
My son wanted to go camping a year ago and I put my foot down. Five boys wanted to go to Pigshua National Forrest. Close to the Brown Mountain lights, and bigfoot sightings in Asheville, NC. Also some crazy man in the woods killed some people up there, a while back in history. I said " Absolutely not!!! Until you are 21 and responsible for yourself." And hopefully he will be too wise and busy for finding trouble. The other kids went. Planning to sleep in enos. They ended up sleeping in their car. It snowed. This place is three hours away. They also did another camping trip on an island in Lake Murray where one of the kids drank water from a puddle. He was very sick throwing up the entire day the next day. At 16 you are old enough to really get yourself into some trouble you can't undo. You were lucky to get home safely in one piece.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: frugal
Yeah, we always say that God looks after children and fools. I was basically both at the time. I do write as a hobby. Some christian discipleship type stuff, but mostly fiction. Im glad my style was well received.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I may as well add another piece of strange into this story. Jason's dad had an odd experience in the Middle Bay woods. He was back there once looking for a new spot to put a tree stand and came across something really strange. He said that on first glance it looked like a huge black stone in the middle of a patch of trees. He got a closer look at it and discovered that the object was made of blackened tree branches. It was tall enough that he couldn't touch the top of it even if he jumped. Mr. Timmy was probably about 5'9" so I guess this thing was maybe around 7foot tall or more. He said it was really solid and densely woven and you couldn't see through it at all and it was all black like it had been burned. He described a very uneasy feeling when he got close to it and said that he wished he hadn't touched it because it made him feel really odd. He wanted to take pictures of it so he went back to the house to retrieve a camera (what did we ever do before cellphones?). When he returned to the spot the object was gone. He could have just been unable to find the same spot, those woods are tricky. I know he went looking for it a number of times, but never found it again or anything like it.

Point being... there's some odd stuff in the Bay

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
An interesting read, well written. Thanks for sharing. Maybe I’ll post my sighting in here and see what people make of it. 11 years later and I’ve shared it with very few people.
I’d be interested in seeing the video of the police encounter the op mentioned if anyone is familiar with it?

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I can try to find a clip online.
I would definitely love to hear your experience.
a reply to: NorthernRock

posted on Feb, 1 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'll share a story told to me by a business associate/good friend of 20+ years. A few years back I was telling him about a ufo sighting I witnessed and said if my wife been a witness too i probably would never had told anyone. He then told me of an incident he witnessed when he was a teenager. He had gone camping with a friend's family somewhere in Utah. He, his friend, and the friend's dog were walking down a dirt road to a lake at sundown to do some fishing. Suddenly they heard something coming through the bushes about 20 yards ahead on the left side of the road. They stopped, and he swears that something BIG- at least 7 ft tall, hairy, and walking on two legs stepped out onto the road. Two steps and it was in the middle of the road and then his friend's dog goes crazy barking and growling and takes off straight for it! He froze for a second and when he turns to look at his friend the guy is gone running back up the road! The creature bounded across the road and up the steep and thickly wooded hillside with the dog right behind him and disappeared. He took off running to catch up with his friend and by the time he caught up, the dog had come back. They were pretty freaked out and I believe him because while he was telling me he literally got goose bumps on his arms. He said it happens every time he talks about it.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It was probably a bobcat and or a bear. And bears can be pretty destructive. The thing with Bigfoot is the math and science doesn't really support it's existence in most of the places it is sighted.

Then the stories don't ever seem to fit a realistic description. As a presumed great ape it would most likely see as well in the dark as we do. It could be substantially stronger than us, but that strength comes at the price of no fine moter control.

It is suppossed to be a hunter,, yet it stinks. It would make poor hunter just on those grounds alone. Being bipedal adds to it's hunting issues as it is a slower form of locomotion. As much as i want to believe it could exist, I just dont see it existing.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Sounds scary as heck; but you’re description of the new Yankee Candle Roadkill smell had me cracking up. I like your descriptive style

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join