It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Moon Eclipses ??? conflicting days and times ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I been hearing there is a rare Super Moon Eclopses thing is I went and used google to find out the best time to view it here in north Florida and
I found 3 different time - days ?
time 1 Miami FL 7 AM - 10 AM wed jan 31 ??
also got 7 pm - 10 pm again wed jan 31 so ether tomorrow morning or tomorrow night ???
But not to be left out on site says it will happen ON SUNDAY NO TIME GIVEN .
This is really annoying anyone can point to a site that shows For sure what time and day .
Really come on these people should not be putting news on if they cant take the time to verified the information .

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

I always use Fred Espenak's page at NASA. Link

According to the site, I believe this linked pdf will tell you what you need to know. Happy viewing!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The second supermoon of January will occur on Jan. 30 and 31. The moon will reach perigee at 4:54 a.m. EST (0954 GMT) on Jan. 30, at a distance of 223,069 miles (358,995 km) from Earth, according to EarthSky.org. Then, on Jan. 31, the moon reaches its full phase at 8:27 a.m. EST (1327 GMT) coincides with a total lunar eclipse. NASA has billed the Jan. 31 moon a "super blue blood moon" despite the gap between the moon's arrival at perigee and its peak full phase.

So its a combination of :
-a full moon
-with the shortest distance to earth
-and a total lunar eclipse, meaning the earths shadow blocks most of the light hitting the moon directly which gives it a red tint like sunset on earth

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Has Neil Degrasse Tyson made a downer tweet about it being nothing special yet?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
well NASA says 7.30 pm start so I am going with that as the Maima page said 7.30 am mite as well iggy that time

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Space.com

This article gives a pretty good explanation of the cycle.
Unfortunately the eclipse will not bee fully visible on the east coast...
Not sure if the link is correct, first attempt by me

Good luck and happy viewing

edit on 30-1-2018 by PaTommyJ because: missing word added

edit on 30-1-2018 by PaTommyJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

The Moon will be setting in Miami at 7:04 AM. The total eclipse does not start until 7:51 AM Miami time, so the Moon will have set for people in Miami before totality.

However, You could still see the Penumbra and Umbra shadows in Miami at 5:51 AM and 6:48 AM (respectively) prior to the Moon setting for you.

The best viewing is in the western/Northwestern U.S., where the Moon would still have not set when totality occurs.

originally posted by: midnightstar
well NASA says 7.30 pm start so I am going with that as the Miami page said 7.30 am mite as well iggy that time

The NASA page that 'LightSpeedDriver' linked indicates that the eclipse is in the AM in the U.S., not the PM.

This is what he linked. All times shown are in UTC ("Universal Time", or "Greenwich Mean Time"):

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
According to the site, I believe this linked pdf will tell you what you need to know. Happy viewing!

edit on 30/1/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

join