It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black panther early reviews

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
It's stars a black man, with a predominately black cast, how many newspapers will give that a bad review? Because a bad review would be soooo racist, no matter what the reviewer really though. You know some will even say, not going to see the movie, will be racist too.

When you see color of people skin over the content of their work, you end up with #fakenews

"Oh noez, dis movie has black ppl! It can't possibly be a good film, it's propaganda and the Hollyweird elite are pushing kill whitey stuff in muh moviezzz!!1!1!1 Itz only get good reviews cuz it's black power!!1!!"

Some of you better stay faaaar away from Black Panther. Kendrick Lamar is doing the soundtrack, so there will be rap music.

May trigger and offend a doozy of folks.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Your reaction illistrates his point perfectly.
You blew his comment completely out of proportion.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Actually I would say his reaction perfectly illustrates the insane alternate reality of conservatives who think “all black cast” means that people will instantly support it..

All the person you are replying to did was point out how ridiculous his assessment was..

I think one scroll through of rotten tomatoes black movies would instantly debunk the Poster’s theory.. ...

The Madea movies get horrible critical reviews lol..

I have never understood how someone could feel as if they are discriminated against when everyone in power is part of that same goup lmao..

The VAST majority of the rich and powerful are white males.. the vast majority of law enforcement.. political officials..ceos.. hollywoid producers..exc..exc...exc..

It is literally insane logic behind all the “I’m not a racist. Your a racist for calling me a racist!” Stuff..

People claiming to be angry about being falsely accused of racism. Instantly falsely accusing someone else of racism..

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Possibly but is it even kosher to ask those questions anymore?

Look at the rotten tomatoes ratings of the last jedi.
Critics 91percent positive.
Fans 48 percent positive.

Is somebody skewing the numbers?
Which side?
Both?

When I see large descrepincies like that I feel the need to look a little deeper.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

Yep. Fooled me once with with "Get Out." That movie had great reviews, etc. It was so racist and awful. Couldn't believe in these days and times....yadayadayada.

Can't fool me twice with "Black Panther." Everything I've read about it points to another fantasy racist movie with added comic icons.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Your reaction illistrates his point perfectly.
You blew his comment completely out of proportion.

I'm not the one claiming a character that's been around for over fifty years is suddenly now racist, and how it won't possibly get bad reviews, not because it's a good film, but because people will be called racist for not praising the film.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I have always loved the Black Panther (pretty much most super heroes) ever since I read the comic about him back in the 70s...........I will wait to pass judgment on it also. Hope it is good.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Umm , who said suddenly..

Basically all the old stuff is racist as possible..

Every black character over (guessing here) 20 years old started out a villian.

Storm, falcon, john Stewart GL , black panther , Luke cage, exc, exc

John steward AND falcon started out as racist pimp stereotypes ..

Look at any portrayal of an Asian from the 40s and 50s..’ they are yellow slant eyed freaks..

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I'm stoked, can't wait but will have to hold out till the March first release date in Japan, but yeah this is a break through movie, if it does well I hope the next brake through flick will be any one of the Ancient or medieval civilizations of Africa..
BTW some here doubtful because of it's casting?? I and others had no such doubts about movies with all white cast,eg Lord of the Ring to name a few , Black Panther cast is diverse..but some still complain , I say go kick rocks.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Each side is judging by different criteria..

From totally different POV’s..

Critics are judging from an insiders POV..

The audience is judging on how entertaining their experience was.. which would include the venue, company , mood going in, exc..

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Ooh boy this just in
Facebook Deactivates Anti-'Black Panther' Group

The Facebook group went by the name "Down with Disney's Treatment of Franchises and its Fanboys." In recent days, the group created the event, "Give Black Panther a Rotten Audience Score on Rotten Tomatoes," that drew 3,700 participants. In December, the same group claimed it waged a campaign to flood Rotten Tomatoes with poor reviews of Disney and Lucasfilm's Star Wars: The Last Jedi. The group makes unsubstantiated claims that Disney somehow manipulated the press into creating negative buzz for Warner Bros.' DC movies and says it is waging the Black Panthercampaign in response. 

Not long after Rotten Tomatoes issued its statement, the group's Facebook page was taken down for violating the social networking site's community standards.
www.hollywoodreporter.com...

This was bound to get political, sigh!! What's wrong with ppl??

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Transgender Cat Woman doesn't look very good to me.

First half of the preview I saw looked good, then it all went downhill.

Of course no one in their right mind is going to give it a bad review. I'll be the first to admit it if I'm wrong but iconic? A masterpiece? Those are some pretty big claims.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I think the traiers look awesome!!

“Engage defenses, evacuate the city and get this man a shield!”

Lol

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

To be fair I don't know anything about the character. It just looks over the top, even for a super hero movie. So they have some hidden city full of advanced tech and havent thought to maybe share some?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yes because they are extreme isolationist, closed border since ancient times, never been conquered had no reason to trade with others.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I wont see it for sure in theaters and possibly ever . Burned out on the comic super hero movies.

Havent watched the last thor or the latest avengers either and I have no interest in it, so that clears me from the MSM as being racist for not watching the black panther.

edit on 32228America/ChicagoTue, 06 Feb 2018 14:32:54 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

We have not been “fooled before” by a MCU movie though..

Not true. Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, and, honestly even Age of Ultron weren't that good. Iron Man 3, in particular, sucked. I'll give Black Panther a viewing, but from the previews I don't find it that compelling. Ragnarok was awesome, GotG 2 was spectacular, but I was less impressed by Spiderman Homecoming and Dr Strange, so there's definitely some crack appearing in MCU's facade.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
lol, I'm glad everyone is so "excited" for another 6/10 superhero movie that only gets its "perfect" rating because of black fragility.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

Those are some Kim Jong level approval ratings.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Of course it is..

Imho the “PC is destroying the fabric of American society stuff is just silly..

Sure it can be annoying, but will never work for the vast majority of people..

For the most part right wing pundits go find some idiot on twitter or some college kid with crazy political views and pretend it applies to the entire “left”.. and by left they really mean “everyone not as conservative as Sean hannity”.

If it is not an elected official or a head of some big group speaking as that groups head. Then it doesn’t matter. It is garbage propaganda..

If you pay attention it is never a bigwig Democrat who says whatever craziness.. it is always their staffer or some random individuals..

When the left freaks out it usually is an elected republican..

This isn’t a PC police example, but it is an example of the right quoting nobodies and applying their beliefs to “democrats.”

Exhibit A) No elected official dem or gop has EVER been quoting as saying they would either....

1) ban all the guns.

2) repeal the second amendment..

3) Do ANY kind of confiscation..

That might sound weird considering that is the basis for 50% of rightwing rhetoric, but I promise you can not find one single example..

They have completely fabricated the whole issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join