It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will be Living the New Era of LocoWeedland ??!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

True, however, you can use the bible for rolling papers if you're in a jam.

dude....winter 74....Mountain Home Idaho.....FB 111-F Avionics barracks......said a short thank you prayer.....shoulda been there......it was a stone....groove...happinin, man.....

Col. Jones who loved me dearly, him and the first sargeant....refused to let the ig bring the dogs to the Avionics barracks cause if he did, the entire squa...never mind
edit on 29-1-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

I am not sure what bizzaro land talk you are getting at but you have an agenda and it's fine.

Just stop pretending it's based on science.

There isn't a Single thing done in excess good for you.

Marijuana has a very low toxicology which is what makes it safer than most drugs recreational or medicinal.

You can propgandize all you want.

It doesn't matter one bit to reality.
edit on 29-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The Angel of Light it up, dude! Let's smoke some brains.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

If Tobacco was drastically banned on public spaces since decades ago for its clear correlation with Cancer, Marihuana is no Less than that with respect to that same risk, smoking in general is not healthy at all for lungs.

If you want to live your life pretending that you are a train that is your problem, but people has the right to know that something that is being offered as not risky it is indeed related with many health problems.

People have entered in the thread to claim that why this plant must be controlled if alcohol can be as bad as it, well why we must choose in between addictions?

why we can not live without spending millions of dollars in something that is not really productive at all since it is not only against public health but also risking performance of people in their jobs, in their studies, and also linked as a potential cause of accidents of any kind? something that even scientific studies prove is linked with increase of violence and crime?

Why babies must born underweight, young people must grow with learning deficit or with serious damages to their intellectual abilities to favor the consumption of something just only because there is people that do not know that there other alternative ways to live handling the stress and that are safe and even healthy.

Breathing Meditation, mindfulness, recreational sport, martial arts, zen, Karate, Taichi, yoga, aromatherapy, occupation therapy, Art therapy, Talk therapy can release people from any level of stress without intoxicating them at all, and you don't need to pay high courses fees to get access to them, there are groups of support in almost any neighborhood of a city offering them, there are books, there cds, dvds, many ways to get the instruction that can save lives.

America will be great again when it moves out from an addictive style of life and people start to live again, solving their problems effectively, acquiring discipline of life, instead to be turning their backs to reality behind an addiction.

Yes, Marihuana is not the only social problem, also the high levels of alcoholism are too, but all addictions come from the same source: lack of sense for life, lack of education, lack of goals, lack of motivation, lack of creative and positive thinking and moreover ignorance about how to handle the stress.

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 1/29/2018 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Marijuana is banned from public space.

It hasn't been proven to cause cancer. It has been proven to reduce tumors.

As literally a life long martial artist. Who wrestled in college on a div 1 school, competed in us open and all over the world from Brazil to Russia in judo, sambo, and bjj. I can tell you martial artists the world over use Marijuana for a variety of ailments.

Moderation my friend. It's called self control.

It's low in toxicology and low in addiction and substance abuse potential as it is not physically addictive. It's less addictive than cell phones for instance. Or the computer your typing on.

You also don't need to smoke Marijuana, and not all cannabis get you high. It's an incredible anti inflammatory. Far less toxic than asprin, inuprofin, tylenol...

By the way Marijuana was widely used throughout American history in the form of tinctures and smoke. It wasn't just the 60's.

edit on 29-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This thread has to be a early April 1st joke or something. a lot of the studies you've linked are one sided it seems. cause a group of people consume the plant doesn't necessarily mean it made them do what ever it is they did. Being from CA I've seen kids who weren't able to lead a normal life before taking tinctures or edibles to be able to BE A KID. The topical ointments used to help multiple ailments with little to no adverse side effects compared to prescribed medication given out today

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nazarene

I think the thread has a very well defined discussion subject, it is the idea that drugs are recreational toys, that you can get fun by playing with the chemistry of your body.

Drugs are medications that must be prescribed by physicians, any medication can be dangerous when it is self prescribed or applied when it does not correspond to the treatment of an illness.

All drugs have side effects and counter indications, that is a fundamental of pharmaceutical science.

Only a professional of health care knows the Indication of drugs and how to balance it's benefits with its risks, Cannabis is Not an exception to that rule.

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 1/29/2018 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I think it's safer than alcohol, I think it will reduce gang violence.
I think if a person chooses to smoke it, it's their choice
Hope it reduces the amount of people using harder drugs

Guess we will wait and see

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

The part you miss is the toxicology.

Marijuana is less toxic than coffee.

Teens have died from caffeine overdoses from monster energy drinks mixed with coffee..

Your bodies chemistry is altered by anything you put or breath into your body. It's related especially to your genetics. A person who eats leafy greens with a genetic predisposition to kidney stones has a higher chance of getting kidney stones a person with a nut allergy can die from nuts, sugar helps tumors grow and can create diabetes..

Sounds like you have trouble with moderation so you have made strict rules for yourself. Which I commend you for. However, the entire population does not suffer from genetics that make one predisposed to addiction issues.

Creating moral laws are usually a way to make things worse as they have done with the war on drugs and prohibition.

It's best to encourage personal moral understanding than to keep laws that force morality. The world is a dangerous place. Trying to soften it by taking away personal freedom is a terrible idea.
edit on 30-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

And here I thought it was the truth that sets folks free...

Seems like all you have at your back on this issue, is indoctrination (which only the intellectually inferior are vulnerable to) and intolerance for anything which challenges that indoctrination. How disappointing.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

No, the discussion here is not to defend consumption of caffeinated energetic drinks or alcohol or tobacco versus Marihuana, the discussion is that this substance is not appropriate for entertainment, it involves serious health risks, as any other pharmaceutical that affect mind, it is not a toy at all.

This is a medication or it is Not, and whoever backups the use of Marihuana for medicinal purposes must be aware that this legalization for entertainment can easily jeopardize the medicinal legal use in the near future, because the social effects soon or later will produce a reaction to ban again any use of it.

There are many scientific studies that show that Cannabis has unpredictable effects in people depending on personal susceptibilities, some people develop violent instinct and even criminal behavior, sexual libido can be so uncontrollable in some cases that push people to commit sexual assaults, also there many scientific studies that show that people that have started their consumption as teen agers are more likely to develop schizophrenia or other types of psychosis as adults.

We live in a society where carrying of weapons by civilians is free of control, if we combine this with use of psychotropic drugs not under medical supervision but just for entertainment we are going to fire the domestic violence as never seen before.

The research on reduction of IQ and studies or job drop were carried out over really large samples, and also over relatively long periods of observations, many school districts endorse those results.

Please check the links I have provided in my previous replies, they are scientific studies that were carry out by academic research teams, they come from very serious sources.

Any psychotropic drug alter the control of your own nervous system, that means that your perception, reactions, irritability are no longer ruled by your own hormones, by the secretion of your own glandes but by an artificially applied external agent, and that is something that questions a lot the claim that people can be under self control all the time while consuming it.

Soon or later Cannabis alters the natural chemistry of your body causing changes in the production of brain dopamine that may be even irreversible making you dependent of it, and the worst part is that it has been showed that Marihuana is the common path to go into other stronger addictions when the body no longer respond to it in the best way.

Scientific evidence in studies carried out with all the necessary quality controls is Not Indoctrination it is first hand Information, people that is claiming this is indoctrination is ignoring facts or defending groups economic interests that are put on the market of this drug over general public best convenience.

Please check:

www.drugabuse.gov...

www.drugrehab.com...

Thanks

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 1/30/2018 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

So heroine, coc aine, meth, better options?
You can't make people, you can't control, accept others choice, mull is the least dangerous.
I am not advocating it, just accept it as the lesser of the evils

Let people choose, Gods gift is free will, less you are a Calvinist?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Yeah none of that gets you high dude.
But doing it high...hhhmmm did you know getting high before doing exercise is benificial?.
Now do excuse me I have to roll up do 100 push ups and listen to Bob.

edit on 30-1-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

We have discussed here and offered here many choices that are healthy to handle stress, all of them have been tested exhaustively to show they don't offer risks, they can not damage your balance and natural chemistry, so the argument of to go into stronger drugs instead is absolutely empty, No sense at all.

- Breathing meditation
- Mantra Meditation
- Mudras
- Taichi meditation
- Art Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Talk or writing therapy
- Mindfulness meditation
- Yoga
- Recreational sports ( swimming, surfing, skate boarding, tennis, volleyball, basketball, soccer, basesball, etc)
- Zen Meditation
- Aromatherapy
- Martial arts
- Pilates
- natural bodybuilding
- massage therapy
- Acupuncture
- Shiatsu

I have provided specific links with information of each one on my previous replies here.

Those are safe ways to reverse effects of stress and to enhance self production of natural brain dopamines, as well as, stamina, instead to go into drugs. why somebody may want to live an artificial life when there is a lot of fun that is completely natural, healthy and depend only on our own will, not in to depend on substances that whose use is risky and damage the brain.

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 1/30/2018 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

All of those are better done while high you will also be better at them.
edit on 30-1-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
OP can you not appreciate the art, the music the very thoughts which people have had while stoned?.
Have you ever had a doobie? I know people who write who paint only when they are stoned it gives them inspiration and focus on their work.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Dear Angel-

I'm responding to Your post on page#3 the one littered w/the propaganda. I'd opine those were authored by people who've $old their Souls to TheDark, the very people You're fighting against! Who else would discount a natural tool for those made w/poisons? Who else would $ell out and discount facts and use supposition instead?

And BigPHarma™ is the #1 'Big Spender' when it comes to Lobbyist. I wonder if I included a link You'd actually click on it? You add 15 links of supposition and want Us to click on it; links that lead to propaganda/falsehoods. Doesn't that make You a liar too? Aren't lying lips abominable to The Lord, those that deal truly are His delight..?

Here is a snippet from the website www.opensecrets.org

Client Profile: Summary, 2017

Year:
A special interest's lobbying activity may go up or down over time, depending on how much attention the federal government is giving their issues. Particularly active clients often retain multiple lobbying firms, each with a team of lobbyists, to press their case for them.

Total Lobbying Expenditures: $25,847,500
Subtotal for Parent Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers of America: $25,430,000
Subtotal for Subsidiary We Work for Health: $335,000
Subtotal for Subsidiary Partnership to Fight Chronic Disease: $82,500

Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers of America Lobbying by Industry
Industry Total
Pharmaceuticals/Health Products $25,847,500

Also based on My experience as a Ca. police officer in which I was medically retired in 2004. In My experiences, when suspects were possessing cannabis and got arrested, they used the cannabis not as a #1 but something to use to "come down" In the larger City in which I worked, crack coc aine and methamphetamine were the #1s. Those arrested for the aforementioned would go sometimes days between sleeping (no dreams = no instructions from Angels; but only an Angel would know that..) They'd use the cannabis to be able to sleep.

I also NEVER made an arrest because someone ingested cannabis and then they beat someone up; robbed someone; fought anyone.. I worked TheCrackWar™ which was a 'subfarce' of the REAL FARCE, The War on Drugs™..

Proud Member of LEAP • Law Enforcement Action Partnership

Edit: The link didn't show so here it is.. All You have to do is click on it:

www.opensecrets.org...
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It's very nice for you to take time out of your enlightenment to judge but, it's a self serving feat of ego.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I think here we must distinguish in between people that is using this stuff to move out from stronger addictions in a rehabilitation program, that it is medically supervised ,than people that wants to try it just for entertaining with no clinical reasons.

Now, in any serious rehabilitation treatment the idea is Not to change one addiction with another, it is to cut the addiction, so this must be part of what is medicinal use of cannabis, it is not entertaining use of it.

Legalization to cure addictive people can Not be used to pull more non addictive individuals to the vice.

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

My intention here is Not to judge anybody, nor to condemn or moralize, is more to show that there are certainly options to move out from addictions and live in an acceptable decent way, without uncontrolled stress too.

A lot of people is falling or remaining for valuable years of their lives in risky and costly addictions just because they ignore the effective way to either prevent or be cured of them.

The Angel of Lightness

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join