It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red cayenne peppers and Arthritis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Just a bit of a heads up, I broke my ankle years ago and now I am getting a bit ancient it started to play up to the point where I could hardly walk, so I heard somewhere that the hot little Red peppers, were a good remedy for arthritis pain , so I got one split it open with a knife and rubbed it over the affected area ,then popped it in a small bag to use later, since it actually worked you could imagine my surprise. If its left in the bag to really soften up over a few days it gets more potent and the area gets warm quite fast, the juice seems to get redder as well. If you try it make sure you wash your hands after because if you rub your eyes you will know pain. It seems to be spit or water activated as well, like if you have a shower and the pores open you can really feel it going in. After I tried it I went online to see if any studies had been done, apparently their are quite a few creams being made with the peppers. But this way is a lot cheaper, and probably just as effective. Give it a go for a week, you will be surprised like I was.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to: anonentity

I like hot chillies and have heard similar. Gotta be veeeery carefull tho if you decide to use that for hip arthritis...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Thanks for the info, I will pass it along to a friend who refuses "Western Medicine". She currently takes a variety of supplements, but nothing seems to help. Yesterday she couldn't even use a can-opener... her hands & feet are affected by arthritis. She has used CBD topicals, and claims they offer some relief, but I'm not certain if she's tried anything with peppers. Can you provide the specific type of peppers that you've been using?

THANKS!

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Tart black cherry juice. I don't know the chemistry behind it, but it has worked for me.

Yet another unsolicited recommendation.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Just the small red ones, the red ones are all a variety of the Cayenne ones from the Solancea plant, I've been growing them in the green house but you can get them from the supermarket, "Note" they are not the red bell peppers. Just cut them open flatten them out and rub, after a few days they get juicier and more of the active ingredient leeches out, it leaves a brick colored stain on the area, but if you wet your hand and rub it in over the affected area the color goes away. It just seems to work. I read the science on how it blocks the " I" factor but it increases the circulation to the area as well. These are the ones www.livestrong.com...
edit on 29-1-2018 by anonentity because: adding

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Externally you can get a really good (bad) blister. Take care.

I would suggest taking your 'hots' internally.

Add the cayenne, curcumin and apple cider vinegar (with the 'Mother').

Daily.

Give it a few days and it will start to work.

In a cup of warm to hot water add cayenne and curcumin with 4 TBS of the vinegar.

Start off with as much cayenne and curcumin as you can stand and as you get used to it? Keep upping the dose.

It works great - been doing this for years.

If you don't like the flavor at first? I would not suggest honey as most people do - really horrid. Go with a bullion cube. More hot zesty broth.

And yeah, the cayenne has other...side effects (coming out, so to speak) but it's well worth getting used to it to rid the pain in joints and hands, etc.

If you want topical pain relief? DMSO all the way!

Edit to add: Or, believe it or not, slap stinging nettles on the area.

It burns but the burn is all good.

You'll get to where you crave the sensation as it does bring relief from painful joints/arthritis, etc.

edit on 5132Monday201813 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat
I'll reply purely from a culinary point of view. I had a hip replacement 4 years ago now so no present problems, but I do like reasonably hot spicy foods, curries mostly and I do think the Capsicum chemical in chillies/peppers is beneficial; I'm no expert, just a hunch really. I use the Scotch Bonnet types, 1 or 2, in a 2-3 person meal. Any chillies up to 500,000 Scoville rating should be fine. Ideally 300,000 Sco. should be fine for a bit of heat. You can include lower level chillies and the red, green, yellow bell peppers; they're all good. Don't go for the Carolina Reaper/Naga types, deadly and painful! See You Tube vids on those. See: www.chilipeppermadness.com... .. That link lists dozens of chilli/pepper types and heat ratings. Hope this helps. N.

edit on Mon Jan 29 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed link

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Pickled Okra, CBD and turmeric works for me.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

If you strapped the pepper to the skin it might cause a blister, but from my way of thinking, the top cells of the skin are dead, so the juices dry and slowly leach through with the natural moisture, you seem to get an initial warm sensation, then after a few hours if you wet the area it seems to reactivate ,or if you sweat, its not that unpleasant. I also note in that trial they were using very small amounts in the cream.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: moggins

Hospitalization could be a fact for the Grim Reaper, how can anything that looks so innocuous be so deadly?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I've been eating a spicier diet for a while now. My family tends to have arthritis issues, and I know I'm starting to feel it occasionally in my old trail leg knee on super cold and/or damp days. I think having the spicier food has been helpful to me because I don't feel it in my fingers although I know it's in there some.

I've been taking cayenne, chipolte, jalapeno, serrano. I can't get too much more spicy. The creamy green stuff they have on the salsa bar is about my limit.
edit on 29-1-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I've yet to try one in a meal; certainly not raw, NO WAY ..!

edit on 29-1-2018 by moggins because: addition

Getting late here, back 2morro..(waves adieu..)
edit on 29-1-2018 by moggins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

They make creams that are hot that you can put on the area, there are cooling and warming creams. Athletes use some of the niacin chemistry when sore. If my back is sore, I can go smoke a cigarette and the pain goes down. Not exactly the best way, but it does work somewhat for some pain. The pepper actually overloads the receptor and it shuts down. It doesn't heal, it is a treatment for pain.

You can either use nitrogen chemistry to kill pain or you can use methyl chemistry. Coffee can treat some pains too.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I have been rubbing it on for a week, at the moment I think it is actually stopping the cause of the problem, liver spots on the hands have all but disappeared as well. But we are not talking about the .02 per cent in the creams, sometimes its feeling very bracing ?

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
It does work but be careful. I learned this the hard way. In looking at the active ingredient in zostrix and capsasin, I figured I could make my own concoction.

I had some dehydration Caribbean red habanero peppers that I had crushed in a coffee grinder. It made a powder that really added kick to chili or whatever else you wanted. So me and my wild ideas, I mixed a small amount in petroleum jelly until it just turned pink.
At work, I decided to try it on my sore knee. At first it worked, and it kept on working. I wound up with little blisters and red skin and it felt like fire. Needless to say, my salve went the trash.

This was several years back, before the stronger peppers rolled out. Cayenne would be the strongest I would use and no petroleum jelly. It stays on the skin too long. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

The pain from transferring pepper heat is real.

I used to grow banana peppers, one year I did amazing with one plant producing over a hundred peppers. I could not give them away fast enough. This gal texts me as I'm walking out the door, passing the peppers, asking if I haven't left my house yet, could I cut her some peppers? Sure. I whip my knife off my waistband and cut half a dozen at the stem. Took me about three hours to figure out why my right hip was having such a burning pain! Folding knife! Only the blade touched the pepper stems and even folded it sure burned up my skin. That knife was out of rotation for over a year.

Will definitely vouch for peppers absorbing into the skin and potentially causing pain relief - just be very careful!

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

It works but like you said be careful, you don't need the super hot ones. My ankle is just about normal now. I am wondering if it works a bit like the Mongolian fix for limping horses, where they literally put a red hot poker on the area, then in two weeks the horse isn't limping anymore.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Just an update on this...Its been about two weeks using the pepper. I notice that it doesn't have any heat after I rub it on the affected area anymore. I am thinking that my body has produced an antidote to it, which has also cleared the inflammation in the ankle. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Peppers always do their job right

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Judy21

Yes I'll put this in the one that actually works column.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join