It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI deputy director McCabe steps down

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Are you certain of that? If so, that means the retirement date was indeed moved up.

TheRedneck

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Strozk was a lateral move. This is McCabe retiring and Comey was fired by trump and started the whole obstruction of justice thing. You made it sound like they're just ripping through the bureau. Christopher Wray going next? Anyone that might back up James Comey in future testimony? Rosenstein, so he can put in someone more political who will be loyal to him and fire Mueller? I hope so. It would be disastrous for trump. He never listens to his council anyway. Lol

You mean like when his council told him not to fire Mueller??

Gonna be a ruff 7 years Silly....

edit on 29-1-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

I think it was McCabe that said f274 Flynn and then f284 Trump ...Life is such a bitch eh andy

link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: carewemust

Strange that he gets the "We don't say his name" moniker.

That's John McCain. Andrew McCabe is "AM" on that list.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

No..if you look at list of initials again, you'll see "AM" above the line you're referring to.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

That's John McCain. Andrew McCabe is "AM" on that list.

Exactly right.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Good enough. It's a safe bet he had at least the 90 days available then, meaning he made this decision suddenly.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Gonna be a ruff week for you Silly.

For me? Really? Not that I'm aware of. I do have to get my jeep inspected tomorrow. What do you know?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

CNN says "accumulated leave" has "enabled" him to step down before his formal retirement date.
He may have to produce text messages to prove he was actually working at the time to have accumulated that time
be a darn shame if the text were somehow lost .

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Sarah Sanders is about to take on the White House reporters now. First question from that numbnut at CNN. He is Struggling for words. (That's rare.)
edit on 1/29/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Strozk was a lateral move. This is McCabe retiring and Comey was fired by trump and started the whole obstruction of justice thing. You made it sound like they're just ripping through the bureau. Christopher Wray going next? Anyone that might back up James Comey in future testimony? Rosenstein, so he can put in someone more political who will be loyal to him and fire Mueller? I hope so. It would be disastrous for trump. He never listens to his council anyway. Lol

Firing Comey cannot be obstruction of justice. You need to look elsewhere to hold that theory together. Trump has the right to hire/fire his employees.

FIring someone doesn't keep them from testifying. The logic behind that assertion is absurd.

Strozk was removed from a deputy position. THen moved to a desk. That isn't lateral...that is controlling his access to information and resources. McCabe was forced out. You will see the full details emerge...but the "im stepping down" speech had already occured in 2017.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
HAHAHA let them fall like a "House of Cards"!! I can see the Alt-Lefts heads swelling more and more each day....how long until the explosion?

I can already see the left coming here trying to add McCabe step down to the "Obstruction" dream.

P.S. NVM some of our more Silly members have already attempted it.....Predictable.

Hmmmmm,

The celebration around here is more than a little odd.

What gives?

People say he had plans years ago to work till his retirement age and then leave to do something after that. This, again, was noted years ago.

Then, this president once again moves to fire someone involved in investigating him, to the point that Trump's own appointee, again his OWN appointee, said to Trump "lay off or I will resign" - that, again, was Trump's own appointee finding that any more political pressure and he would resign in protest, but Trump wants him fired, so he resigns effective the day he covers the remaining portion of this retirement.

Sooooo, exactly WHAT is happening that is so "explosive" here?

The Nunes' written report coming out? The report written by the guy on the Trump transition team?? The report written by the guy that already had to recuse himself for faking finding a piece of evidence and running it to the White House that already had given it to him?? That guy with that totally reliable and unbiased report? The report that Jeff Sessions' justice department (the one that found nothing wrong with any FISA warrant) , the report that Sessions DOJ says is "reckless"?

Somehow that report is reliable in some way??

"Deep state" gets tossed around every time you guys don't like something. Do you think this was the first administration to come in with career employees in agencies? You think the FBI was some liberal democratic department before Trump??

You guys are so out there it is absurd.

Meanwhile, you are ignoring that this is the last day for Trump to act on the Russian sanctions, something he oddly has missed deadling after deadline upon, and nothing appears to be in the works. What an odd "hoax" where every action involving Russia is favorable to Russia, even disbanding the sanctions office and now missing sanctions. I'm sure that's an innocent coincidence.

Laugh on, boys. Continue to support Comrade Trump, Ivan.

#da,releasethememo,comrades

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I never knew it was partisan and anti-American to want a FBI that was non-partisan and only interested in justice and not politics.

Learn something new every day!

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrubdog

originally posted by: GuidedKill
HAHAHA let them fall like a "House of Cards"!! I can see the Alt-Lefts heads swelling more and more each day....how long until the explosion?

I can already see the left coming here trying to add McCabe step down to the "Obstruction" dream.

P.S. NVM some of our more Silly members have already attempted it.....Predictable.

Hmmmmm,

The celebration around here is more than a little odd.

What gives?

People say he had plans years ago to work till his retirement age and then leave to do something after that. This, again, was noted years ago.

Then, this president once again moves to fire someone involved in investigating him, to the point that Trump's own appointee, again his OWN appointee, said to Trump "lay off or I will resign" - that, again, was Trump's own appointee finding that any more political pressure and he would resign in protest, but Trump wants him fired, so he resigns effective the day he covers the remaining portion of this retirement.

Sooooo, exactly WHAT is happening that is so "explosive" here?

The Nunes' written report coming out? The report written by the guy on the Trump transition team?? The report written by the guy that already had to recuse himself for faking finding a piece of evidence and running it to the White House that already had given it to him?? That guy with that totally reliable and unbiased report? The report that Jeff Sessions' justice department (the one that found nothing wrong with any FISA warrant) , the report that Sessions DOJ says is "reckless"?

Somehow that report is reliable in some way??

"Deep state" gets tossed around every time you guys don't like something. Do you think this was the first administration to come in with career employees in agencies? You think the FBI was some liberal democratic department before Trump??

You guys are so out there it is absurd.

Meanwhile, you are ignoring that this is the last day for Trump to act on the Russian sanctions, something he oddly has missed deadling after deadline upon, and nothing appears to be in the works. What an odd "hoax" where every action involving Russia is favorable to Russia, even disbanding the sanctions office and now missing sanctions. I'm sure that's an innocent coincidence.

Laugh on, boys. Continue to support Comrade Trump, Ivan.

#da,releasethememo,comrades

But the Dossier is completely real.....

You talk about made up crap yet you easily swallow the biggest turd in the yard!!

Give me a break.

#MAGA

edit on 29-1-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
Bam and another one bites the dust!!!

The last FBI Director Trump got rid of won him a Special Prosecutor.

I wonder what this one earns him?

I imagine that (A) After Comey, McCabe kept a vigilant official log of memos (B) Not speaking on behalf of the FBI any longer will be a liberating experience.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Not assisting Mueller with his valid investigation but as a witness that confirms what Comey said about loyalty and being asked to "Let it go, let Flynn go..."

WH talking right now.
edit on 1292018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: elementalgrove
Bam and another one bites the dust!!!

The last FBI Director Trump got rid of won him a Special Prosecutor.

I wonder what this one earns him?

I imagine that (A) After Comey, McCabe kept a vigilant official log of memos (B) Not speaking on behalf of the FBI any longer will be a liberating experience.

Hopefully a Nobel Peace Prize!!

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
From Deep Swamp

To Swamp Floater

To Exposed Political Agenda Manipulator

"Qaught" in the ACT !!

6-21-3-11--8-9-13

edit on Jan-29-2018 by xuenchen because: Qcode

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Are you certain of that? If so, that means the retirement date was indeed moved up.

TheRedneck

His retirement date was for March.
His banked vacation time made him eligible to step down now with full benefits.
Word is he was "forced out".
Sessions was pressured by Trump to make changes at FBI.
Sessions pressured Wray to dump McCabe.
McCabe is now gone.

What comes next will be interesting.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join