It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

police shot my friend/ people burned memorial, cops & fire dep. refuses to put fire out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
OP, I remember a while back you said something along the lines that your friend didnt commit the alleged crimes?
That the police were out to get him?

I know you may had seen this man in a different light and perhaps felt that what was being done against him was unlawful,
but by the sounds of it, his murder was not the first time he had a run in with the police.

I went through something similar as you a while back.
My friend was found dead in his jail cell. At first I was mad at him.
For every time I listened to him say he was going to turn his life around. Things were going to be different this time that he was out...
But some how, some way, he always managed to find his way right back into that jail cell.
But he choose to be there. He put himself in those situations.

Some people cant change.
No matter how much they say they will, or how much you show them that they are missing on the outside...or
that this time its going to be different.
A certain type always end up right back at square 1
I know first hand how hard it may be to just shut your mouth and let things slide.
When part of me thinks to myself, if this were 10 years ago, you would be snoring on your back. But then the other side of me says "WAIT!!! Dont do it you idiot...were not doing this again..."

Times have changed drastically. 2 people cannot get in a fight and thats the end of it anymore.
its all about others feelings and politically correctness now.

The people who learn to adapt are the ones that have turned their lives around.
They no longer get in trouble.
We can walk down the street with out having to worry if the cruiser is going to pull over because recognize you.

You need to take a look at your current situation OP.
Check yourself over and make the appropriate changes to ensure you can live a good, worry free life.

Remember the term Guilty by association.
It still holds very much true.

edit on 29-1-2018 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

He did drugs, he should die.

Your a real class act.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
originally posted by: Mandroid7
From one of the three articles

This incident is being investigated by the Attorney General’s Office in conjunction with the State Police Major Crime Unit. The name of the trooper involved in the incident is being withheld pending the trooper’s formal interview, which is expected to take place this week. The trooper has been placed on administrative leave.

Not sure if thats sop for these situations.

Yes it is SOP. Paid vacation till things 'cool down'. Can't have him patrolling in a hostile neighborhood. As far as not responding to a 911 call, I've witnessed that before.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Yea we know there are just as many criminal cops as criminals .
I dont have any record to speak of ( stopped a fight once and goty a charge ) Really stopped a fight lol
called in a robbery once and got a charge ( just as a by stander lol Lieing to a leo lol Ok guess the cops did not believe me when I told him someone was robbed lol ( same cops bragged about running a prostitution ring .)
point is 9 times out of ten a criminal will pass by no harm done and 9 times out of ten a cop will pass by no harm done .
Its teh tenth time you better worry about .

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Do they always get the major crimes unit involved in these situations?

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
sounds a lot of you like a dictorship, get with freedom or get the hell out of our country! go to columbia or ethiopia or mexico with that type of conscious, you'll fit right in, oh ya you to scared to because you want to have a hero on your shoulders. you are worse than scum, id rather have dopehead friends who are loyal than you sallys who will run behind someone soon as somethin went wrong saying sorry i didnt know what it was like i just like to talk out my butt & complain cause im in the free country. if he slipped drugs in peoples drink he wouldnt of been my friend but he dont take your choice of addiction. people who buy it make their own choices, people who do it or sell it too. at least its not a cigarrette who gave everyone they worked with cancer, now those people are killers & took people choice away, they said if you want money you here u gotta go through my cancer filled smoke here

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Edumakated

So does anyone else of you only site the bad parts of a persons life...

None of that is relevant in a police shooting.. all that matters is “was the officer in danger when he shot”?

Cops can most certainly do wrong... however, given the guy's history, it is highly likely he was responsible for his own death.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

They always say stuff like that; "Administrative Leave" should be a clue.

"We're looking into it", another.

Not responding to 911 calls, still another.

I don't know what happened, I wasn't there either. But the tells are piling up.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: SatansPride

I knew a guy once got a police dog sicced on him for being homeless while black. Mauled and bleeding, he stumbled to a 711 and called 911. No ambulance ever arrived. After the second time the same cops drove by, I hid him in the back of my pick up and drove him to the hospital.

Its so sad that certain areas just won't get emergency responders to arrive period. My girlfriend lives in a not so great part of town. Shes used to being in the suburbs where she was born and raised and due to some unfortunate circumstances she ended up in a place that she could afford, but wasn't so safe.

Several times she's heard gunshots at the complex next door. She's heard women screaming out for help. She's called the police several times and not once in the 2 years she's lived there have they ever responded to her calls. She called me one night crying if I could pick her up because she couldn't listen to her neighbor beat his girlfriend and her screams for help any longer.

I asked someone close to me who is a cop why the hell the police weren't responding! His response was simply "Maybe your friend should move to a part of town where they do bother responding".....................

So I have an awfully mixed bag of feelings for emergency responders now - and all my elders were either 911 operators, police, or firefighters, even had an uncle who was an EMT........ to get a response like that from one of those people I looked up to and thought would always protect me, my friends, or anyone else in need...... well... Just another time in my life where I realized all the lies I ate up as a child. Sad fact, a lot of people DON'T care.

I'm so sorry to hear your story as well.

PS to anyone else reading this... I know how a lot of us feel about Heroin especially the dealers..... But please, I will actually beg you to show the OP some compassion if nothing else. He's hurting. He lost someone he cared about dearly for better or worse, and lost him in a violent manner. At least acknowledge his pain. I'm sure he isn't blind to what his friend was doing and its effects. He's probably scared this could happen to him or more of his friends. Give him something uplifting to encourage him to stay on a safer path than his friend was on.

Perhaps at least consider my words.

-Alee
edit on 1/29/2018 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Its not that they like dictatorships. Its that people do not have sympathy for known criminals who have a history of destroying the lives, family units, and communities with drugs and other criminal behaviors. At least he was not a pedo, you would then be reading the deepest darkest torture fantasies of those claiming to like justice. I for one have never advocated for anything more than a swift bullet to the temple, regardless of how heinous a crime is.

I have been in the same scenario you are in now though. At least my friends family and two daughters got a payout from the city after taking it to a civil rights case in a higher court. Although his criminal record was not nearly as extensive.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

sorry to hear. ive done dope 3 times in the past like 8 years, im not easily influenced so i can look past the way people hurt themself. i dont believe in guilty by association cause i live in a country where police & polititians are really really crooked by just cause im associated with my country doesnt mean im crooked too

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If Living In a country were you can sleep at night without worring about some thug braking in .
Of in a country were I dont ahve to worrie about some drug dealer telling my kid how great the stuff is and he should TRY IT ( accutly happened to me at 14 years old 52 now ) and I looked in the guys ahnd and relized he was holding my whole life and said no BUT I AM a RARE person even at 14 i was rare most kids give into pre pressure .
heck most adults do .
So if that is a dictatorship then I guess that is were I would want to live .

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Major Crimes is likely responsible for homicide investigations, in which case yes, having them involved would be normal.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Ummm...for all of you salivating at the fact that this person was gunned down...

I hope none of you ever get caught up in addiction and it's associated aftermath...

BTW..."The death was ruled a..."homicide"...according to the article at the link that FamCore provided...

I'm certainly glad I'm in the company of perfection here on ATS...Yessir...all of these pure as the driven snow people cheering this outcome on...

Thank you for this insight into your unblemished soul's...it's been very edifying...

YouSir
edit on 29-1-2018 by YouSir because: quotations need the mark...

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
OOO I have been cought UP IN ADDICTION ( not my self but my family )
How many times I have had to stop the maddness but slowly I have been getting the person away from it .
All teh wile KNOWING tomorrow may be the day he messes with the wrong person .
Dont tell me about how bad I should feal for you when I am dealing with it every day and praying to what ever god today is not the day he dies .
But if he dies some thug kills him for 50 $ or some cops on roids does he learned the finial lesion .
PS and He is teh only reason i even have to live I do hope I can get him totaly clean in time to save HIS (my family )
edit on 29-1-2018 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

"The death was ruled a..."homicide"

Yes, because when one person kills another person, that's a homicide.

All homicides are not murders.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

FYI, the word "homicide" does not infer unlawful. It is a legal term meaning.

From Merriam Webster's Dictionary

Definition of homicide
1 : a person who kills another
2 : a killing of one human being by another

detectives investigating a homicide

So, in this case, yes, they are investigating a homicide to determine if it was justified nor not. The trooper is on paid administrative leave while it is under investigation. This is all SOP....and he too is innocent until proven guilty (just as all American citizens should be). Unless, of course, you subscribe to the mob rules mentality and being judged in the court of public opinion. The person shot, had been previously judged in a court of law, and has a history of illegal and dangerous behavior.

(post by llama removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...for all of you salivating at the fact that this person was gunned down...

I hope none of you ever get caught up in addiction and it's associated aftermath...

BTW..."The death was ruled a..."homicide"...according to the article at the link that FamCore provided...

I'm certainly glad I'm in the company of perfection here on ATS...Yessir...all of these pure as the driven snow people cheering this outcome on...

Thank you for this insight into your unblemished soul's...it's been very edifying...

YouSir

No one is salivating but ignoring the guy appeared to be a dirtbag also isn't prudent. He most certainly could have been gunned down without cause, but the reality is that it is highly unlikely given the guy's history. If it is found the cop acted inappropriately, then he should be prosecuted.

All deaths at the hands of another person are treated as as "homicide." Homicide does not mean the death was not justifiable.

We've all had friends who can't seem to get their sh*t together. While it hurts us to know they've gotten in trouble with the law because we may know them personally or know a different side, it doesn't necessarily change the fact they may in fact still be a dirtbag in other aspects of their lives.

My best friend was a drunk, beat his girlfriends, etc. He did a lot of dumb sh*t and has probably been arrested four or five times. He is still my best friend and was the best man in my wedding. If I heard he got killed in a DUI accident or killed someone else or did some other major crime, it wouldn't surprise me one bit. However, I still could't blame the cops for what I know is my best friends irresponsibility.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Better start to relize people are sick to death of being victimized people are sick to daeth of how drug users destroy lifes ( ITS NOT just you who is effected by your drug use .
People are sick and tired of cops on roids who cant seam to get real criminals and stick to easy prey
In this town the county jail holds 1000 200 are in for child support mean wil they couild easily fill that jail twice over just cleaning out the flea bad drug house hotels here .
But they make more money busting tourists for little crap and keep guys who are dead broke in jail as they can use them for slave labor .

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join