It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A craving or a cure?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Your body knows what it needs.

But howwwwwwwwwww?!

I hear this said a lot. I want to know the why and wherefore. It raises many other questions if the body can just know what it needs, even if it's never had it before.

Pickles and ice cream?

Don't pop Ibu or any over the counter 1400 mgs for more than a week. Unless you have a buffer like Pantoprazole 40mgs.

Beets are "super food" no problem eating a ton of them, just wear plastic gloves or you look like you killed someone in your basement again.

Canned beets have the same nutritional value as fresh.

I researched it.

I am starting to suffer from muscle cramps in bed.

for no reason.

Gotta start the banana smoothies again.

edit on 3 3 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   
If your state has it tagged as legal then you should try CBD oil (the crap that they extract out of hemp). It has Omega-3 (and -6), fatty oils that help. And you are not talking their drugs and buying into that death spiral.

Or be a victim to system keeping you down.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I sympathise with you. Muscle cramps in the legs are no joke. Started a course of magnesium supplements. Haven't had any cramps since. I have a back injury and can't get out of bed quickly enough to relieve the cramping. The magnesium supplement, even in a small amount helped me out.

Damn the cramps.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

I sympathise with you. Muscle cramps in the legs are no joke. Started a course of magnesium supplements. Haven't had any cramps since. I have a back injury and can't get out of bed quickly enough to relieve the cramping. The magnesium supplement, even in a small amount helped me out.

Damn the cramps.

Kind regards,

bally

Yeah, it's a bummer when sleeping. Thighs.

I had back cramps yesterday at a shoot.

Had to play a dead guy while they were happening.

I don't get them when up and awake, so it puzzles me why.

lol!!

She killed me, I hope.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Cramps?

Get enough salts. Calcium helps a lot. I drink plenty of tonic water (quinine.) But that's mostly my excuse to mix it with gin

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I’m cereal!

CBD oil will melt your liver fat if you stop drinking.

-Peace

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

i have an autoimmune disease also and have felt like crap most of my life.Please listen to what has helped me. Go on a strict paleo diet. Really hard especially if you are a sugar addict like me but you will see results. may take a few months depending how sick you are . Also take msm powder ( they sell it on amazon for about 15 bucks. Great for pain. A bit nasty tasting but it helps.) also try Tangy tangerinne powder drink on amazon. A bit pricey but gives you all your vitamins minerals and probiotics in one drink. I have tried so many things over the years and these three things help alot

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

I actually have that Tangerine stuff
I drink it in small volumes.

I noticed any immune boosting stuff makes me feel like crap; I just feel so sore and rigid when I drink that stuff daily.

I am sure diet change would help a lot. I don't eat many sugars or starches (unless you count raw vegies.)

I just have no love for bread or sweets.

I'm trying different things though.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Your body knows what it needs. If thats working, heed to it.

As far as 'popping Ibuprofen like candy' , ever tried Aleve?

One lil pill works for twelve hours, for me.

Different mechanisms.

I stack ibuprofen and acetominophen for my problems. 2 pain killers, 2 different mechanisms....combine for pretty powerful pain relief.

Naproxen can cause stomach issues for some.

OP, i have not found foods that help. I've tried eliminatino diets, etc. I've talked to several people with great ideas that I just can't seem to make work.

My doc has me on humira now, but im not thinking its really helping that much. There's 1 more option i can try before either resigning myself to having a terrible life quality, or bite the bullet and have several painful surgeries.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Do no harm...includes nothing about preserving the quality of life. Seems to be my fate.

If beets and anchovies can keep me off meds I can't afford, I will call it a triumph.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The problem I had with acetaminophen, like tylenol, is you needa 6 of those for twelve hours as opposed to one Aleve.

Lot easier on the system, including liver and kidney function.

Sorry for your chronic pain.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I actually took your advice (desperate measures.)

Aleve bailed me out a few times.

I must say since I've switched to my beet and anchovy/ sardine thing...I haven't reached for Aleve or Ibuprofin once.

edit on 16-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join