It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3,500 Occult Manuscripts Will Be Digitized & Made Freely Available Online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Just came across this. I wasn't sure where to put it so I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but:

www.openculture.com...

(Dan) Brown’s recent act of philanthropy, a donation of €300,000 to Amsterdam’sRitman Library, also known as the Bibliotheca Philosophica Hermetica House of Living Books.

The generous gift will enable the Ritman to digitize thousands of “pre-1900 texts on alchemy, astrology, magic, and theosophy,” reports Thu-Huong Ha at Quartz, including the Corpus Hermeticum(1472), “the source work on Hermetic wisdom”; Giordano Bruno’s Spaccio de la bestia trionfante (1584); and “the first printed version of the tree of life (1516): A graphic representation of the sefirot, the 10 virtues of God according to the Kabbalah.”

Brown, the Ritman notes, “is a great admirer of the library and visited on several occasions while writing his novels The Lost Symbol and Inferno.” Now he's giving back. Some of the revenue generated by his bestselling novels, along with a €15,000 contribution from the Dutch Prins Bernhard Cultuurfonds, will allow the library’s core collection, “some 3,500 ancient books,” to come online soon in an archive called “Hermetically Open.”

For now, the curious can download the 44-p age guide to the collection as a free ebook , and watch the animated video at the top, a breezy explainer of how the books will be transported, digitized, and uploaded.

This looks like it'll be a pretty cool collection to look through once it's available. It'll be interesting to see if any secrets or anything will be uncovered in them now that anyone will be able to look through and study them.
edit on 26/1/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Cool man. summoning party at my place!
BYOB

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Cool man. summoning party at my place!
BYOB

Who do the voodoo?

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Demons! You will all pay when the LORD comes backs to kick butt because of these HEATHEN texts.
Repent or you will all burn in hell fire!*

*Not really but expect more or less the above from some.

I think some are very beautiful.I hope to summon a succubus.

edit on 26-1-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

This is awesome. I just learned (duh) Manly P Hall has lectures online and part way thru the first. Maybe when I am thru his lectures I will be better able to understand.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I sincerely hope that these documents are not the type to be used when summoning Kuthulka or some other Demon Lord.

God help us!

Not all information is good.

Some of it is pure evil.

P

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Cool. Wil it be available on Amazon as a kindle selection?

Jokes aside I'd be interested in seeing this. I wonder how much would actually be in english.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
I sincerely hope that these documents are not the type to be used when summoning Kuthulka or some other Demon Lord.

I don't need no book lernin to conjure me up some demons. All I need is a weegee board.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I just had a vision of heavy metal teens in Cleveland finally able to effectively open a portal to the darkest, most twisted hell-realm reality has to offer... and they find the portal opens a wormhole into ... Cleveland.

But yeah, I fear most of the work will remain unapproachable unless translated into English. Cool, nevertheless.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Demons! You will all pay when the LORD comes backs to kick butt because of these HEATHEN texts.
Repent or you will all burn in hell fire!*

*Not really but expect more or less the above from some.

You joke but you and many others lead astray will wish that you heeded these warnings when the time of reckoning comes. Those of you who don't see the danger are as if you are blind for you are blind to the truth and know not what you do.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This is great news, more food for the growing minds. A lot of occult knowledge is truly about ourselves as human beings and our expansion and development of self.

Best way to hide truth? Make is seem scary, dark so the acolyte and novice fear the unknown. Oldest trick in the book really.

Watch what you hope for. A succubus saps your inner power by manipulating your weakness; lower energies, sexual energy and such

Star and flag OP

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Awesome!

Thanks for the heads up! This should keep me busy for some time!

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Been married three times they all already did that to me

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

I know I know I even play dungeons and dragons OMG

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: pheonix358

I don't need no book lernin to conjure me up some demons. All I need is a weegee board.

All I need is your address, my ex will be round soon after and you will meet a real nasty demonic creature.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I went to school with this odd guy who told me he summoned a fire demon with the Necronomicon.
It caught a dumpster full of cardboard on fire he told.
I was like...I can do that with a single match.
Why bother?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist

Watch what you hope for. A succubus saps your inner power by manipulating your weakness; lower energies, sexual energy and such

And if you openly welcome one, they do not appear as lore would suggest, if they even appear at all. Just a darkness that follows you throughout life.

I don't follow religion or any deity... but I do know there are creatures in the spirit realm that don't care for our well being, and use us for their own gain.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: Elementalist

Been married three times they all already did that to me

I was thinking the same.
"Succubus."
The name alone is enticing.

Harte

new topics

top topics

join