It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A couple of new tv shows Counterpart and Happy , for the SciFi junkies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
CounterPart

Just saw the first episode and It looks like a keeper. Has a little bit of Fringe in it.

Counterpart is an American science fiction thriller television series created by Justin Marks, ordered to series by the premium cable network Starz.

A UN employee discovers the agency he works for is hiding a gateway to a parallel dimension.

They said parallel dimension and J.K. Simmons, I'm in.

Happy!

This one is a little out there so it might not be for everyone. Just watch episode 1 and worth continuing.

Happy! is an American television crime dramedy series based on the four-issue 2012–13 comic book series of the same name created by writer Grant Morrison and artist Darick Robertson.[1] The series premiered on Syfy on December 6, 2017

Nick Sax is an alcoholic ex-cop turned hitman who lives his days with drugs and cynicism. After he is shot and left for dead, he revives while in the care of paramedics and can now see a small, blue, goofy cartoonish winged horse named Happy. Happy is the imaginary friend of a little girl named Hailey, who has been kidnapped by a deranged man dressed as Santa Claus. Happy escapes to seek Nick's help in finding her and reveals that Hailey is Nick's estranged daughter. Nick reluctantly agrees and he and his new "partner" now must work together to save her.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Counterpart is on my list. Happy is hilarious and Christopher Meloni nails Nick Sax character perfectly. I'm rooting for a second season.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Counterpart is on my list. Happy is hilarious and Christopher Meloni nails Nick Sax character perfectly. I'm rooting for a second season.

I enjoyed both so far. I wasn't familiar with Happy and Nick Sax character, but it does look like they picked the right guy for the part entertainment wise. Also Happy looks like a offset of deadpool and even a mix of the Wade / Deadpool character.

edit on 45131America/ChicagoFri, 26 Jan 2018 14:45:59 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
both shows are fantastic. I think Happy! is extremely underrated so far. Show has me laughing out loud and eager to see more. The casting is perfect all around and it's really a treat. I can't believe SyFy produced something so good to be honest. I cant say enough good things about Happy! It really in a league of it's own. I can't even think of another show like it.

Counterpart is pretty good too. I was a huge fan of fringe so this does seem kinda along the same lines. Seems like this show has a lot of potential and I hope the follow through is done well. JK Simmons is perfect for the role and I've really grown to like him after seeing him in Whiplash and The Accountant. He really is very good at dramatic roles. Definitely worth a watch. I can't imagine its easy to play two characters side by side of each other, that are almost complete opposites, but damn does he pull it off well.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Right? HILARIOUS and a helluva lot of fun... not to mention, has a current coherence with reality... human trafficking, but people with power...

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I love Fringe, mostly for John Noble's utterly brilliant performance as Dr. Walter Bishop (and Walternate). The Counterpart trailer is intriguing - might give it a try if it is good. Happy - the trailer doesn't make me want to see it.

edit on 26-1-2018 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
I love Fringe, mostly for John Bible's utterly brilliant performance as Dr. Walter Bishop (and Walternate). The Counterpart trailer is intriguing - might give it a try if it is good. Happy - the trailer doesn't make me want to see it.

The actors name is John Noble.
Fringe was awesome.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Aaaargh I know! That stupid auto correct is gonna be the death of me !!!

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm more interested in Altered Carbon starting next month.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I'm more interested in Altered Carbon starting next month.

www.imdb.com...

Yeah me too but I have enjoyed ep 1 of counterpart and currently binge watching happy which i found very entertaining and funny for not being type of show

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

Agreed especially Bout happy being under rated

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I watched the first episode of counterpart and loved it! I was engrossed the entire time.

As another poster said but in another way.;

I hope they don't screw it up..

SPOILER ALERT SKIP THIS IF YOU DIDNT SEE IT YET..

-----

Filler Fowler blah blah blah I'm tricking your eye yippy dippy doo and a who hoo hoo in the loo~
The flower in the vase was brilliant .I knew that was gonna be pivotal as soon as I saw it..blah blah rah rah rah and a yap yap yappity doo...

-----

If you read that vague spoiler it's your own fault ..

I'm in I'll give it a season and see where it goes..

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 26-1-2018 by Mike Stivic because: slapped the crap out of autocorrect

edit on 26-1-2018 by Mike Stivic because: Apparently not enough..

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Well, all the signs tell me that these both need to be watched.

Counterpart, as soon as I saw who was in it, I thought "Ohh the crim from Oz, I'll give it a go!"
Happy, as soon as I saw who was in it, I thought "Ohh the crim from Oz, I..... Wait, Huh???"

Been one of those days here in the weirdness of my reality, so why not!

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Bah. But Counterpart won't stream from my usual source. Starz' lawyers are obviously trying to protect their property, with extreme prejudice. Too bad they don't know that any publicity is good publicity -- like the use of these forums!

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

It made me think of Fringe too. Didn't watch it yet.

top topics

join