It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doppelgangers. I saw one, today.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Ok that's freaky!

Seriously? You're not pulling my leg here?

Orrrrr, maybe you were going to a play and they were you and your wife's understudies (or you there's)?

That's just freaky beans!

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Seriously. We thought it a reflection.. But both vehicles weren't the same...

There is also a 911 tourist last min. photo from the roof of one of the towers of a man with one of the incoming planes in the background right before it hit. He died... but was my doppelganger...we look exactly like each other.

That photo gives me the willies... Like looking in a mirror. I try not to look at that photo.. It's upsetting....

MS

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

That's just amazing.

Only time I've ever seen it before? Which actually prompted the thread?

In November it was my ex's birthday and I was going to call him and tell him Happy Birthday and he's married - even though were' friends I thought - naw... Just after I started watching/listening to a movie. I looked up just in time to see a background/part person who is EXACTLY my Ex. Not just a little, not just, 'Oh it would look like him, but the nose...' Nope. Exactly. Funny thing is - I did a screen shot - sent him the pic with a Happy Birthday note and he freaked, lol!

Now this last one? Wow...

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

i wouldve pulled them over and become friends,
or tear a hole in the space-time continuum
edit on 27-1-2018 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

While not exactly a doppelganger i do have a twin of sorts . Somewhere in South Australia there is a man with the exact same name as myself , no big deal although my last name is not common here .He also shares the same birthday although he is two years older , to top it off we were born in the same hospital ( small town with less than 2000 population at the time ) . Apparently he is not so good at paying bills as for years i would get phone calls from debt collection agencies .

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I've seen doppelgangers of people im familiar with, one of me no but I've heard other wise. I remember one day years ago, I saw this guy that looked like this other guy at a place I worked at, only difference was the guy at the store was much older, greyed version of him.

You could almost make parallel universe jokes like, that what will happen to you if you keep it up" or "errie isn't it, it like looking into the future." Or if a guy who looked like Hitler really went to art school or stayed at Mc donalds.

Funny fact it been talked about is that, royalty likes to get first dibbs, and maybe its common ancestor thing.
edit on 28-1-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Somewhere in South Australia there is a man with the exact same name as myself

Bruce?

Easy enough.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
ive got a doppelganger, people have been commenting for years they have seen me in places i wasnt at.
one person had a go at me because i ignored them at the cinema and another spotted me in germany and asked why i didnt wave back, ive never been germany

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
ive got at least 1 doppelganger, ive had people have a go at me for not speaking to them but i wasnt in that space including germany and cornwall (never been to either places)

ive also seen doppelgangers, i was driving home from college one day and i saw my mum and dad driving past me in their car looking really angry, didnt think much of it just thought whats upset them.
i got home and they were both sitting in the living room, i said how the hell have guys got home so much quicker than me and they said they had never left eh house all day, plus thinking about it, i live in the fenlands and there was no other route they could of gone other than turning around and following me to get home.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I would like to see mine, curious how hot his GF is and if he did better than me

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I would like to see mine, curious how hot his GF is and if he did better than me

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
When I was a tween, my mom and I followed my sister-in-law around a store, discreetly trying to get her attention.
Turns out, sister-in-law was clocked in at work 40 miles away and found the offended phone call conversation between my mother & brother that my brother relayed to her on her lunch break about being rude in the store absolutely hilarious. She still finds it funny as hell 20 years later XD

And I'm apparently someone's doppleganger. A few years before we moved from FL, I was cornered in a grocery store & filled in on the pregnancy of a friend I didn't know I had, and how the boy twins turned out to be girls and blah, blah, blah. I had no idea who that woman was, but I politely played along, since she had 2 squawking babies in her double stroller and seemed frazzled enough.

It happens. Human genes only have so many combos before you start seeing repeats.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Hello . I did not see such a likeness in my life. Tell me how he looked?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I haven't seen an exact exact doppelganger but I remember when I was in school, there were 2 girls that weren't related that looked like they could of been identical twins with just a few things off. I'm not sure if they even knew each other but I remember feeling bothered by how similar they looked.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   
One day, I noticed a person working in two supermarkets at the same time. I do not have a good face memory, but at some point I got aware of it.

Both being like a few miles apart, I noticed I saw that face working in both of them, although they are concurrent supermarkets, just minutes away from each others.

I peaked at the name sign and remembered it. Next time I was in the other one, and saw him I peeked on his sign. Same last name, same letter at the beginning of the name, both only have a three letter name and the only difference was the middle letter.

They are twin brothers

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Off topic,

How are your ducks doing?
I remember tales of them following you around your garden.

On topic,
I knew a woman named Jean, she was not conventionally beautiful, but she had a certain je ne sais quoi..

Years later I met her doppelganger, her name was Jane, I still can't put my finger on what made them both so attractive..

If I had to guess it was the well placed dimples and fiery eyes..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It's just a genetic expression lottery is all. They just happen to have enough similar genetics they expressed themselves with enough physical similarity to make them indistinguishable from another at a glance. It's nothing too unusual and one of the issues with facial recognition software, uses of it have already resulted in finding doppelgangers, or people who's features are similar enough it fools or tricks the software.

posted on Oct, 6 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I think statistically there are only so many ways a human's features can be arranged and only so many millions can be born without looking like someone else before them.

BUT, Speaking of statistics I think the real super ultra rare thing is that out of all possible interactions a person has in their lives that they actually comes across someone that looks like someone else they knew.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   
My parents used to tell me they saw me downtown on week days on my hometown, my dad once yelled at my dopple and she turned to my dad and looked like me, with clothes i would wear but not anything I own, at the time i was at college an hour and a half away in the middle of a class and received a phonecall from my parents.
That being rare , they almost always messaged me during college hours, no calls, i thought it was an emergency.
NOPE,
DAD: Hey I just saw you and you did not respond, you're supposed to be at college
ME: I AM??? sends pic of me on the uni corridor
DAD: oh, i just saw you downtown.... weird..

and that happened several more times, i just told him there must be a girl that looks like me and shrugged it off, friends also told me they waved at me and said hi and I never talked back or acknowledged them, it frustrated me always!!!
FUN TIMES!

<< 1   >>

join