It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doppelgangers. I saw one, today.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I thought it was myth.

Legend.

Or a 'want' those who 'wanted' sooo much to see someone they loved they made up a likeness of another in their mind.

Not me.

Now I have no doubt. Not anymore.

I saw a 'ghost' today and he was made of flesh and blood.

A man stocking shelves and scanning cigarettes in a mini-mart store.

I couldn't breath.

There he was.

First time I've seem a likeness of him since he 'offed' himself January 14th...a long time ago...

So...

Have you seen one?

A likeness that takes your breath way?

I would appreciate knowing if you have...

Thanks all...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I have been mulling this over for a few years now considering whether to start a thread about it. But since I have been a child in elementary school I think I have had at least a dozen doppelgangers impersonating me getting me in trouble. Now I know that's a pretty weak excuse if you're trying to get out of trouble but I'm serious here. Even close friends who should know exactly what I look like get in these people's faces and say hello and wonder why they don't respond. And then I have to hear about it why were you so rude to me why didn't you say hello when I greeted you? And then there's the story where they gave My Doppelganger my suits. I'm still not kidding. My Doppelganger literally picked up my suits 10 minutes before I got to the suit store. The guy was dumbfounded and asked is there something wrong with your suits? And I was like what do you mean I didn't pick them up yet and the guy kind of turned pale and is what do you mean? The owner of the store has to go through the receipts to see who else might have ordered a suit then they had to chase him all over town to get my suits as I was in quite a hurry. When I picked up the suits I asked the owner did he seriously look that much like me? And he was just kind of mouth a gape and said I wouldn't have believed it wasn't you. this is just one of many many many stories I have surrounding my clones. So much so that I have an inside joke with my old buddy that whenever he sees one of my clones he should just call or text me and say :::it happened:::

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
There is a doppelganger of myself who lives near me. My parents saw him outside the public library when I was at work.
A lady at the local shopping center greeted me with a "Hi Dave"

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

I could swear you look like this guy I use to know called Elton.

Has anyone seen that show I forget what it's called but it's about people meeting their not real twin but doppelganger I guess. I pity anyone who is my doppelganger.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Yup bumped into mine in london years back we both stood there in shock for a couple of mins. He was Norwegian we both commented on each other being devilishly handsome shook hands and went on our merry way.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
When I used to coach little league I was always mistaken for another guy,and I was kind of unique with white long hair,and a fu man chu stash,never got to see him though

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Doppelgänger

A doppelgänger (/ˈdɒpəlˌɡɛŋər/ or /-ˌɡæŋər/; German: [ˈdɔpl̩ˌɡɛŋɐ] (About this sound listen), literally "double-goer") is a look-alike or double of a living person, sometimes portrayed as a ghostly or paranormal phenomenon and usually seen as a harbinger of bad luck. Other traditions and stories equate a doppelgänger with an evil twin. In modern times, the term twin stranger is occasionally used. The word "doppelgänger" is often used in a more general and neutral sense to describe any person who physically or behaviorally resembles another person.

I don't believe i've ever seen one myself, no.
edit on 25-1-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I used to date a guy and in one of our hangouts was another guy who looked just like him. We were friends with the Doppelganger and the Doppleganger's wife.

I could tell them apart, and Doppelganger's wife could tell them apart, but everyone else was totally confused. Myself and Ex were friendly with a cop and one time, the cop pulled over Doppelganger who had a dead headlight, and, apparently, a warrant. Thinking it was my Ex, he let the guy go! Told him to fix the light and to go downtown to get the warrant taken care of (unpaid ticket).

It was so bad that, once, when Ex's mother saw a picture of Doppelganger and his wife, amidst a collage of pictures I had on one wall, she goes "Who is that in this picture with you?" Referencing Doppelganger's wife. Ex said "That's not me!" And his mother thought we were joking with her. Yes, so similar the guy's own mother confused him with Doppelganger.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   
No biggie. So many people sharing the same features we all have people who look like us.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
In high school and right after I had at least one stranger a month confuse me for someone else, and the strangest thing is it wasnt all people using the same name. I probably look generic then? Although right now I look like I'd be SublimeCraft's son

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Apparently there is either 1 or many poor blokes that look like me.

As a teen, I'd have people walking past, stop and say "hey!! How ya going Shane?" and my names not Shane. More than one person, ranging from people at the places I'd frequent, and even stopped by a cop once and he smugly spoke to me as if I were someone he knew and had run ins with, when I explained that I'm not Shane, he said "Well you must be his twin, then." and drove off.

Later, at the local store here, one lady would always greet me and ask how the wife and kids were. I'm single.. I had to remind her a number of times, I'm not married lol..

When I worked in IT, every time I'd go into the main office, the ladies there would ask me how Lisa and the kids were. Lisa was the receptionist there. They swore I was his doppelganger. Lisa never said anything, so obviously the resemblance was only noticed by others..

Never met me myself, though, and I am sure I would not want to, two of me in the same room would surely be a disaster.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

With or without the flowers lol. Just kidding man...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Don't worry man, we all look like somebody..

I look like bonjovi but hotter.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

When I first moved to the town I'm currently living in, I got a job at the Hastings we used to have here. For the first 6 months or so, people would walk up to me and talk to me like I knew them. Then after a moment, they'd squint their eyes and ask if I was so & so(sorry, it's been awhile, I don't remember who they thought I was). After I'd say no, they'd laugh and tell me I looked exactly like the person they thought I was. I wasn't sure if I should feel bad for the guy or not, because this mug isn't going to win any beauty contests or anything. lol

At every job I've worked that requires me to check ID's, sometimes people get agitated and ask why, so I tell them "It's just to make sure you're not a doppelganger". Many people get the joke and laugh, but others look at me and ask "What's a doppelganger?" That usually tells me they ARE doppelgangers!!! D:

www.adultswim.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

My brother claimed to have seen my doppelganger years ago at a club in Georgetown.
He wasn't surprised to see me there but, when he walked up to 'me' and spoke he realized it wasn't me after all.
He seemed pretty freaked out by it at the time. I never did see her myself.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
a reply to: badw0lf

Don't worry man, we all look like somebody..

I look like bonjovi but hotter.

Bon Jovi, has too many feminine features, as a gay man, I am attracted to manly men.(and no I am not saying your gay or anything like that there are MANY WOMEN who think he is super hot.)

I was at Ohare Airport like 20 years ago, and in line to check in. I saw someone who looked exactly like my ex who had passed away about a year before. He was maybe 20 feet away from me in a different line. I wanted to get out of line and go up to the person, to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Anyway, I lost sight, and could not find him once out of the line. I know it wasn't my ex, but it was strange.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I saw my ex-wife once after she had been on drugs for a few years......she looked doppelgangey, kinda pale & dead looking. She has since gotten clean & sober, but the look remains. For the record....I really don't like my ex-wife. I've been told I look like Steve Buscemi.....so I don't need a doppleganger.editby]edit on 25-1-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Yeah, found my doppelganger, wearing my clothes. He is the one in my profile picture. Though 102 years ago.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yes, I have seen more than one. Though, not so sure every time chalked up to being a paranormal being rather than a coincidence. How many combinations of people's looks can their be? Surely most everyone has been mistaken as someone else before. Nevertheless it does seem quite odd when that happens so close to home.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Hey there. The wife and I did at a traffic light. Rear view mirror was a couple in the car behind us. Looked EXACTLY like us. Same clothes, hair styles, hair colors, sitting positions..everything.

We both turned around thinking maybe a reflection? It wasn't.. different car not van like us.. Weird. Thing was? WHEN we turned around...the man and woman both simultaneously looked up and right at us.

It was like boy and girl twins looking back at a mirror. Don't know... but they looked as surprised as us... They do say everyone in the world has a double somewhere....

MS

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join