It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are Businesses colluding with Trump to make his economy look good?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Your one of those people with twisted logic. Demonize the employers put on massive regulations costing corporations billions. Raise the taxes to the point it's cheaper to do business in other countris yet you expect them to still hire people so the little guy can make money.

Sadly real world doesn't work that way a corporation will all ways do what's best for them. The trick is make what's best for them to be hire amarican workers over moving to another country. Your logic does. Nothing but knock people down in some warped idea that doing so helps others.

Music break

edit on 1/25/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Are you serious? Companies lay people off ALL THE TIME.

So thanks for agreeing with me.

They lay off to maximize profits, or reduce losses.

Your guess.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

reduce losses.

Not a guess, it's how it works. Businesses utilize a tool called a profit and loss statement. They also have budgets that are wholly dependent on revenue and are percent based.

If a company has a 20% labor goal that means they will spend 20% of generated revenue on labor costs. If a store does 100 million in sales annually on a regular basis the operating expenses will be based on that figure. If the store revenue drops to 90 million a year, the operating expenses also adjust, meaning there will be less money for payroll.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

If the store revenue drops to 90 million a year, the operating expenses also adjust, meaning there will be less money for payroll.

By levying losses on employees (by 'laying' them 'off') instead of taking a cut in their own gynormous salaries, they are ruining morale and incentive. In effect shooting themselves in the foot.

If its a measure to improve the company its a poor choice. But what does management care, they got their golden parachutes.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Like I said, everything is a numbers game. If sales drop, expenses also must drop. It's not about the big greedy corporation when these things happen. Payroll budget % doesn't change.

Think of it this way, if you owned a store that did $1000 a day in sales, and you allocate 20% of that to payroll, you will spend $200 a day in labor expenses. If your store suddenly starts selling only $500 a day, will you still pay $200 in labor expenses?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

If sales drop, expenses also must drop.

CEOs are the most expens-ive.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: testingtesting
Some are happy with crumbs while their Lords eat Mutton.

Keep your mutton, i want lamb from the colorado lamb growers association.

Obviously you haven't thought this through, do you really think the lords eat mutton?

I don't even eat mutton!! Wouldn't feed it to my dogs.

How do you expect the Lords to eat mutton?!

Might as well eat pelosi.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: testingtesting
Some are happy with crumbs while their Lords eat Mutton.

Keep your mutton, i want lamb from the colorado lamb growers association.

Obviously you haven't thought this through, do you really think the lords eat mutton?

I don't even eat mutton!! Wouldn't feed it to my dogs.

How do you expect the Lords to eat mutton?!

Might as well eat pelosi.

As much as I agree the conspiracist in me thinks we eat mutton disguised as lamb far more than we realize.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join