It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he's 'looking forward' to talking to special counsel Robert Mueller

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: hoss53

You do realize that Mueller is a conservative Republican.

All them folks wanted Cruz.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

If I'm not mistaking, Mueller is leading the investigation and the person in question was removed from said investigation. So what's next ? D.O.J. corrupt? N.S.A. corrupt? C.I.A. corrupt? Where does it end.

If Trump is exonerated from any wronging , so be it. I will be the first to say let's move on. But anyone, including you, will have to admit that the moral standards for the most powerful position in our great country have been lowered substantial.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
In my humble opinion, ......

Hold on to your seats!

Trump said this because he knows he's never going to testify!

The whole thing is going to break open next week, first with the release of the memo and then with the indictments.

Trump isn't going to testify under oath FFS! It's all a show!

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

-Ruby Ridge
-Waco
-Entrapment of mentally challenged kids and calling them terrorists
-Hillarys email "investigation"
-Richard jewel falsely accused of centennial park (he died not long later)

Now this.

A long fabled history of being ridiculously inept and crooked. Why on Earth is the FBI credible in any way?

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53
But anyone, including you, will have to admit that the moral standards for the most powerful position in our great country have been lowered substantial.

The bar hit bottom with Slick Willie in office.

Nobody could lower it as low as Bill Clinton.
edit on 24-1-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

In my humble useless opinion you hit the nail on the head, if he felt he was at risk he would avoid it like the guy had the plague.

To be open and even cocky about it, he either feels the fix is going in his favor or he has the information that proves what he has been saying and is savoring the moment.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

A long fabled history of being ridiculously inept and crooked. Why on Earth is the FBI credible in any way?

It's gotta be incredibly depressing and frustrating for the good people inside the agency. I'm sure there are many. Well, I hope there are anyway.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Having interacted with agents while they interviewed me for former employees getting clearance several times, i don't have much hope. The 8 or so agents ive met all came across as enormous egos in a moderately priced suit.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

My "point" is , that if I were a democrat investigating , this bs would have started from day one.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Remember, Bill Clinton eventually admitted his discretions. Trump is not man enough to admit his. Oh wait I no " fake news". Right?

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Conspiracy theory time -

What if the meeting between Trump and Mueller has nothing to do with Trump? What if that is a cover so Mueller could meet with Trump to report on his investigation and review who broke the law etc?

Mueller meeting with Trump is going to be noticed by everyone, especially the media. So you have to provide cover for the meetings.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

But anyone, including you, will have to admit that the moral standards for the most powerful position in our great country have been lowered substantial.

The bar hit bottom with Slick Willie in office.

Nobody could lower it as low as Bill Clinton.

Oh, he was only saying those things to protect his marriage. (I think we'll be hearing those words repeatedly over the next few weeks, only change 'saying' to 'had his lawyer doing' those things.) You heard it here first.

edit on 1/24/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

-Ruby Ridge
-Waco
-Entrapment of mentally challenged kids and calling them terrorists
-Hillarys email "investigation"
-Richard jewel falsely accused of centennial park (he died not long later)

Now this.

Ruby ridge and Waco were handle in the way your great leader ,Trump , would have approved of. To respond to the other 3 would put me in jeopardy of appearing ignorant. Such as you do.
So if at anytime "god forbid" you have one of your children kidnapped. How you going to call. "TRUMP"?

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

here is to hoping, if all this is something orchestrated behind the scenes to really drain part of the swamp, it will go down as one of the greatest cons ever.

Once again here is to hoping.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

If true, that could lead to the greatest docudrama movie ever made.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
i'm sure he knows more about law than the lawyers do.. believe him.

also, he said if my lawyers say it's okay. he left himself an out - what a puss.

edit on 24-1-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I would be very surprised if Trump testified under oath.

My prediction is , he will say when confronted, under advise of my lawyers I must decline.
He will tweet that he can not respond to a biased investigation. Of course he will say I am the most honest president ever. Then he will rant on about Hillary,Hillary Hillary. Very predictable.

A blind monkey could see it coming.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Having paid attention to this the following can be stated:

This is not surprising or even should be shocking. Mueller was eventually going to have to talk to Trump and it would come down to 2 options.

The first option is one where it is done voluntarily, where there is no subpoena’s involved, just Trump, Mueller, attorneys on both sides and a court recorder. Trump is worn in, Mueller’s team askes questions and Trump answers, and has his attorney’s there that can help protect the man and allows for him to confer with them right there. Everything stated is recorded, taken down, both the questions and the answers. And Trump’s legal team will have the right to set some of the conditions. That is what I believe has been going on, in short that they are setting the conditions, time frame and questions around a very specific areas, on what the President will and will not answer.

But this is a lot better than option B.

Option B would not go well for Trump, and that is where he is served with a summons to appear in front of a Grand Jury. There he has to go in and is all alone, and it would be just him, the Jury and a court reporter. His attorneys would have to stay out of the room, and could not come to help him. Refusing to answer would be grounds to immediate charges brought against him, and if he lies while sitting there in front of that jury is also a crime as well. And everything he says will be used against him. Nor could he say about what happened in that room, he would have to remain silent. This is not a good option at all.

But ultimately, right now I still say that they are negotiating the details and that we will have to wait and see about what happens.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
He's going to walk in the interview and say...."You're Fired!"
a reply to: Grambler

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

a reply to: burntheships

Remember, Bill Clinton eventually admitted his discretions. Trump is not man enough to admit his. Oh wait I no " fake news". Right?

Only in your mind a Clinton can be better than Trump.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join