It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Twitter Feed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I came across a Twitter feed a year and a half or so ago, that spits out a 19 digit, seemingly random, number every 60 seconds. It stopped for almost a year and then started up again recently (there are too many posts to scroll through to see the exact date). I have never come across or read about another Twitter account like this one. It reminds me of the number stations but it could be anything.. It might even be a regular occurrence that I have just never heard about. twitter.com..., as one user pointed out it has to be a bot, because it posts too often to be a person. Has anyone else come across something like this or know why it might exist?
edit on 24-1-2018 by sweetpotato because: fixed spelling error

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sweetpotato

Just a thought... someone is using it as a sort of multi-factor authentication. They have a second device on a keychain that also generates a number every 60 seconds, with the same algorithm. If the two numbers match, it's a pass. Keeping one side public could have its uses.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: sweetpotato
I came across a Twitter feed a year and a half or so ago, that spits out a 19 digit, seemingly random, number every 60 seconds. It stopped for almost a year and then started up again recently (there are too many posts to scroll through to see the exact date). I have never come across or read about another Twitter account like this one. It reminds me of the number stations but it could be anything.. It might even be a regular occurrence that I have just never heard about. twitter.com..., as one user pointed out it has to be a bot, because it posts too often to be a person. Has anyone else come across something like this or know why it might exist?

Interesting...Kind of reminds me of the Cold War numbers stations spies and clandestine groups used to use to communicate.

edit on 24-1-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Sounds like a test program by Twitter

The name of the user is #873872

In a RGB color space, hex #873872 is composed of 52.9% red, 22% green and 44.7% blue. Whereas in a CMYK color space, it is composed of 0% cyan, 58.5% magenta, 15.6% yellow and 47.1% black. It has a hue angle of 315.9 degrees, a saturation of 41.4% and a lightness of 37.5%.

=purple

So perhaps there is a hipster working at Twitter, callsign... Mr. Purple

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Sounds like a test program by Twitter

The name of the user is #873872

In a RGB color space, hex #873872 is composed of 52.9% red, 22% green and 44.7% blue. Whereas in a CMYK color space, it is composed of 0% cyan, 58.5% magenta, 15.6% yellow and 47.1% black. It has a hue angle of 315.9 degrees, a saturation of 41.4% and a lightness of 37.5%.

=purple

So perhaps there is a hipster working at Twitter, callsign... Mr. Purple

Omg, that just made my head spin..kudos tho that was brilliant.

posted on Jan, 30 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Interestingly the 1 follower of this interesting Twitter feed is someone with the following profile pic:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Too bad the string is too long. I'd be sourcing it for lotto numbers.
Then again, I'm going to use my blood sugar numbers to play the local Pick 3.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

Interestingly the 1 follower of this interesting Twitter feed is someone with the following profile pic:

Now that is an interesting coincidence isn't it?

Then again, Q always says....no coincidences.

top topics

join