It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trent 1000 blade issue causing 787-9 headaches

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Having lived in Derby for a few years problems with Royce products does not surprise one bit. Everyone who works there I met seems to be raving alcoholics, maybe it's the money they are on (good dosh for the locality) or something but everyone seems to live in the pubs and drink loads

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Furryhobnob

The ME is one of those environments where you just tell them to deal with it, because there is no way in hell you're going to be able to match other places, no matter what you do. I remember during Desert Shield/Storm, they were ready to take engines from units that weren't deployed, because their models showed the Eagles would need something like two engine changes a month, or something crazy like that.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

There was this one fat bugger at the bar and all he could mutter after four gallons of ale was "I break things" referring to his employment at Rolls Royce
Something like testing the alloys for strength, totally pissed all the time

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Furryhobnob They do employ monkeys for some parts, testing the alloys for strength sounds like one of those sectors, funnily enough they also employ monkeys for coating the blades

That's funny as heck................. even though there are heavens knows how many people up there in the heavens right now depending on the monkeys for their lives on Rolls powered planes.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

some parts are very highly skilled people, its not easy making aeroplanes get off the ground, still amazes me even though I know more than most how it works

Think it was a father ,son team who hand Tig welded the blades on.Saw it on a RR doco.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Turbine specifications are not usually for public disclosure but testing for temperatures as high as 2500 degrees Fahrenheit might indicate that 1580 degrees might still be operational.

You didn't even have to worry about radar signatures if you flew below the radar horizon.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

250,000 up there at any one time? Blimey that's amazing. A statistic like that does give one confidence in their products. Yeah I like to see the RR on the engine too when boarding a plane, it does give one confidence. Would love to see the time served skilled people at work in the Rolls factories, not sure if they do a factory tour, but would be fascinating to see. Tried to get a job there back in the day, no such luck ended up at Toyota Burnaston instead

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Hehhee you are such a nice person you really are. It may well be a prospect but to be honest would they you want to train up someone in their late 40's, I think I'm past it.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Some places prefer older workers, even at entry level. They don't have to worry about them not showing up, or pulling stupid things.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Hehhee Zaph you too are such a nice human being

edit on 3-2-2018 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Not really, I just play one on the Internet.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Two 787-8s belonging to LATAM Chile have been sent to Boeing in Victorville, CA after suffering wing damage due to engine vibration. Victorville is home to an aircraft storage yard, and it was speculated they were so damaged they would have to be scrapped, but the airline said Boeing engineers at the airport would examine the aircraft, and determine what repairs are required.

airlinerwatch.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Would Boeing have to foot the bill of they're that badly damaged?

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

They'll probably pass at least some on to Rolls.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

That's not going to be cheap

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join