It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tractor beam breakthrough could one day levitate humans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
sure it could as i said just open the door to a bar with a loud band playing .
And the military has a sonic weapon that will do alot more then just push you a little .
heck power full enough sound waves could move any thing ( but its really not the sound doing teh work it is the air doing it .
The sound not only moves through the air it MOVES the air if it did not you would not hear a thing in space no air no sound .

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: moebius

The mini tornadoes that form in superfluids won’t send any cows flying through the air, but the scientists from Newcastle University behind a new study were surprised to see that these mini twisters can create quite a tangled storm. Their results suggest that superfluids have a deeper connection to everyday fluids than previously thought, and will soon be published in the American Physical Society’s journal Physical Review Letters.

physicscentral.com - The Quantum Storm Inside of a Superfluid.

I'll be sure to let Newcastle University and Physical Review Letters know that somebody on the internet thinks they are full of it...

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

In 1910, Rutherford (assisted by his student Hans Geiger, who would later invent the radiation detector that bears his name) fired ionized helium atoms, or alpha particles, at a sheet of gold foil. To Rutherford’s astonishment, some of the particles bounced back. It was as if, he said, he had fired a fifteen-inch shell at a sheet of paper and it rebounded into his lap. This was just not supposed to happen.

This could be explained by visualizing an extreme undetectable spiral well interaction.
Off the top of my head it would be like Hale Bopp making a tight orbit around the sun then shooting straight back where it cane from. The alpha particles would have a spin of their own which would go out of phase with the dense nucleus at some critical juncture.

This might happen outside of our ability to record the event due to time and dimensional limitations.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

The gold foil scattered the alpha particles thus proving that the proposed model of an atom was incorrect. Quantum mechanics ha kind of changed all of that. The link I provided is kind of asking the question of "what it might look like"

The vortices in the superfluid helium have peaks and valleys depending on how much energy has been imparted to them. Instead of a gross mass of helium being pushed around to view/predict vortex interaction, why not do something even crazier and line them all up together to try to get useful work done? They are doing that with atomically thin materials so why not quantum vortices? The 2D materials are always making headlines. Superfluid helium has been around nearly 80 years.

I wonder what "pseudo scientific nonsense" has been made in laboratories with superfluid helium and quantum mechanics?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I think the science is fantastic, buy y'all just know that if it becomes good and useful reality we will be taxed on it.
It will go something like this: "what's that sir? you've got home tractor beam technology? Would you like to set up a direct debit now for the HTT (Home Tractorbeam Tax) it is just $29 per month, or $5 per mile if you prefer pay as you go"
It's only a matter of time.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Even if you cannot levitate humans, fully suspended graphene production etc would be extremely useful.

There's another company I know of that has a patent on this sort of graphene production but I think it's more EM based... (I am a fan of a couple of their other innovations and noticed this one in their list of patents.)

I follow them because of their correlated magnet technology and active protection system work though so now I probably have to go read about their graphene production work.

And really these days I wouldn't be willing to make such a blanket statement about acoustic levitation like that!

I mean you'd MAYBE be pretty safe saying something along the lines of you don't see acoustic levitation that powerful being used outside of extremely controlled environments any time soon!

(Because the amount of processing power you'd likely need etc would get really ridiculous really quickly. Sort of like it does with 3d sound staging and active noise cancellation)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

The amplitudes needed to levitate a human would vaporise you long before any form of levitation could be achieved (unless you consider a fine mist of blood and gore 'levitation').

This isn't something that you can say "well, maybe someday in the future...". It's not ever going to happen, unless the laws of physics decide to change on a fundamental level.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Oh I'm perfectly willing to believe you on a brute force approach... I mean look at things like ultrasonic seam welding and a few other related technologies!

With some of the stuff done with beam steering and etc though, which are applicable to sound, I won't say it's flat out impossible. Like I said earlier though, IF you did manage it you'd need God awful computing power, extremely sensitive instrumentation, a very controlled environment, and a bunch more stuff.

There's all kinds of stuff that can be done in a lab under strictly controlled conditions that are just plain not applicable or really usable outside the lab.

For the life of me though I can't even really figure out why you'd want to levitate humans with sound in the first place, you know with that whole if we F*** up we turn our test subject into a meat slurpee thing!

I'm kinda known for being fairly reckless and having the attitude that seeing if something CAN be done is reason enough to try it, but this just strikes me as the same kind of stupid as recreational firearms use while pregnant only a couple orders of magnitude worse.

(Pregnant firearms enthusiasts, please don't go out shooting while pregnant you really can hurt a fetus that way!)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
You know the voice of Satan (reflected inverted Word of God), is quite literally what gives the planettes sat-elites, and suns their orbit, correct?

It's proof of a powered dynamic, dualistic simulation.And of course Satan, the static pole, gets all credit.

The real Masons are pissing their pants at what ease I jest of such truths. They dont want you to know about the analogue wave input, only the low amplitude high frequency pulse (particle) code modulation that imitates: a powerless, backwards illusion of a powerful, unseen high amplitude low frequency sine source.

Ancient man was very in touch with these "voices" and knew their distinctions since the Fall of man (which put us in a node further from the Source pole and closer to the static mirror)
edit on 27-1-2018 by AdKiller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AdKiller

I hate posts like this because the voice of Satan (the opposite of the word god...) Isn't a f***ing frequency or etc I can tune a speaker to emit, it's mindless word soup of the stupid metaphysics bs kind AS USUAL invading the science and technology forum!

If you actually have something to share worth sharing don't use stupid ass riddles and bs... Tell us how to replicate this supposed effect in actual, you know relevant technically reproducible form, or kindly STFU and take this crap to one of the eleventy twelve other subforums on here where this type of s*** actually belongs!

This is what pisses me off about you metaphysics types, you can't let anyone else ever actually converse about something meaningful useful and tangible without feeling the need to muddy up the waters and disrupt compulsively with your mindless definitions and anything actually useful are for lower vibrationary frequency bulls*** you CONSTANTLY dribble forth because impeding your own abilities to actually learn new useful and tangible things is never enough...

No!!!

You MUST disrupt everyone else too!!!

That, is a glaring sign of rather serious character defects if not outright mental illness...

You're not smart

You're not edgy

You're not too far advanced for lesser vibrational entities to understand and relate to

You're just an arrogant jerkoff who has to ruin anything and everything that you're too stupid to get

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join