It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo not in my photo gallery appeared on my cellphone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hi! This is my first thread ever. I'm wishing to only look at possible tech explanations right now, so am putting this into Technology; I am not fully convinced this incident is paranormal. If this needs to be moved to a more appropriate subject-thread, please move it there. Thanks!

I have an LG G4.
On Sunday, 2018, 0121, at approximately 1430 (2:30 p.m.), I was looking at a picture on my cellphone and when I swiped the picture, a small image of my close friend’s facebook profile picture was overlayed on the next picture; my friend is not local to me. Odd. So, I exited the photo gallery, went to my homepage, went back into the gallery to that same first pic, swiped… the tiny photo of my friend appeared over the next picture, again. Again, I closed out of the gallery completely. This time, I went into the gallery and to a different photo… a tiny picture of my friend’s profile picture did not show up. When I tried again to the initial first picture and swiped, no tiny overlayed image of my friend.

About 10 minutes later, my cellphone started making beeps & chimes, varying in tones. This confuse me, as I don't talk on my cellphone... text only. It did these sets of beeps a few times; the sets were about 4 or 5 minutes apart.
Edit to Add: I'm am severe hard of hearing, which is why text only. The fact I heard the beeps was confusing to me.

I wrote my friend via pc and they replied several hours later and they replied the next day that they had not been well at that time their fb photo appeared on my cellphone.

The confusing aspects:
My phone has these features off: internet/data, bluetooth, WiFi, Airplane Mode. I checked and they are still off.
I do not use my phone for internet, so have never connected it to facebook.
My friend does not have my cell #; we prefer to pc email.
Of my pc facebook account, I don’t even know my password (I copy/paste from a pc wordfile). So, I am not sure how my cellphone would even link me to my friend.
I have never had any of my friend’s photos on my cellphone.

I’m ignorant to a lot of tech. I am thinking this is all coincidental and I don’t run anything past whatever companies to implement ways of being invasive, etc. Can anyone please explain any insight on how the image appeared on my phone, tech-wise?
Thank you!

edit on 2018 1 23 by oldme because: Added the EtA (Edit to Add).

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
All that and we can't see the photo ?

Was it butt-snapped ?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: oldme

I'm a computer neophyte and don't know squat about electronics, and it was only last year that I got a cell phone so I don't know about them either. I just wanted to comment on Your first thread. You laid it out great

I will type this though which is electronically entwined. I have an apple® MacBookPro® an iPhone6 and I listen to an iPod at the dog park. I just noticed the voice changed on My iPod to the British version of 'Siri' (You can change the voice and I never switched it over from when I went to Scotland) On prior occasions, the male computer voice would say "Battery Low" But today, a female British voice said "Battery Low".

I figured as long as the voice in My head doesn't change all should go swimmingly...

Again, great first thread.
You broke it up good and no yuge wall of text...

Stay Hydrated...
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
For privacy reasons, I cannot show my friend's photo.
As for the first photo, which was swiped, I don't have photobucket, etc. and haven't figured how to upload a pic from the pc. It was just a silly photo of an action figure with a white down feather on it's head.

Thanks for the question & interest. The cellphone did not butt-snap, nor were any photos in my gallery.
My cellphone was on the desk, near me.
--
a reply to: JimNasium
Hi & thank you, JimNasium! Your support is much appreciated!

Thanks for the head's up on Siri. I've never used it. I wonder what inspires programs/apps to change like that. Glitches? Auto-updates? If I had Siri or that Amazon Echo... I'd just try to confuse it :p

And true @ the voice in the head! I agree!! Haha! I haven't figured how the photo got into my phone for two swipes... and then disappeared.

Thanks, again! You stay hydrated, as well!
edit on 2018 1 23 by oldme because: Edited to add reply

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: oldme

Pictures can show up on both my laptop or phone at anytime, somehow they linked. Or Synced i believe the term is...

I use a Lumia 950 running Windows 10.

Never wanted an iclone....

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Yeah, well, coincidentally(?) after I posted about an alleged secret space program on this site, my phones started "randomly" videoing in the afternoon and evenings... for 2 years... I'd pick them up and they'd be recording, but without being on the camera function (or any other function remotely relevant).. . somehow.

My techie friends and even the guy at the store couldn't figure it out, either, and I hadn't touched them (or pocketed them) or added any shady apps... so? I'm open to me just being ignorant, buuut ...

we've known the government and tech companies, along with hackers of every hat color, can listen, see and record via every communication device since the 1980's... and now it's much, much worse... and out in the open, mostly.

Privacy is SO 20th century... get with the times.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy
Thank you, ScubaGravy!

I run Windows 10 Pro (ack!)- has internet access.
I'm not sure what version of Android is in my phone: LG G4- the features in original post are off.

Their photo showed up in my phone, but their photo was never on my cell or on the pc. I am wondering if maybe devices continually communicate & exchange any date through electronic frequencies, regardless if any of the items are off, no internet, share passwords, etc. Unless battery is removed...?
--
a reply to: Baddogma
Thank you for sharing and your insight, Baddogma. Well said! That would make me uncomfortable, for sure.

The listening tech & ways of activating anyone else's, I'm sure is beyond anything I could imagine.
edit on 2018 1 23 by oldme because: Edited to add reply to Baddogma

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldme
Thank you, ScubaGravy!

I run Windows 10 Pro (ack!)- has internet access.
I'm not sure what version of Android is in my phone: LG G4- the features in original post are off.

Their photo showed up in my phone, but their photo was never on my cell or on the pc. I am wondering if maybe devices continually communicate & exchange any date through electronic frequencies, regardless if any of the items are off, no internet, share passwords, etc. Unless battery is removed...?
--
Thank you for sharing and your insight, Baddogma. Well said! That would make me uncomfortable, for sure.

The listening tech & ways of activating anyone else's, I'm sure is beyond anything I could imagine.

At any point have you used a pc/laptop to charge your phone ?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Ah, great point! Yes, I have... a couple days prior. Although I didn't transfer any images and it was only for charging, I'm figuring that cable-link must somehow be the connection (or a part of the chain). Thank you, scubagravy! Great sleuthing! Normally, I use an ac adapter.

edit on 2018 1 23 by oldme because: Added a sentence and fixed typo o.O

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Your gallery app will take images from anywhere on your phone it's allowed to. The image may have been added by your web browser or another program and your gallery added it because it has access to the folder the image was put into. Look at the properties for the image and see where on your phone it's actually stored. You should have an option to do this on the image somewhere.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Yeah, well, coincidentally(?) after I posted about an alleged secret space program on this site, my phones started "randomly" videoing in the afternoon and evenings... for 2 years... I'd pick them up and they'd be recording, but without being on the camera function (or any other function remotely relevant).. . somehow.

My techie friends and even the guy at the store couldn't figure it out, either, and I hadn't touched them (or pocketed them) or added any shady apps... so? I'm open to me just being ignorant, buuut ...

we've known the government and tech companies, along with hackers of every hat color, can listen, see and record via every communication device since the 1980's... and now it's much, much worse... and out in the open, mostly.

Privacy is SO 20th century... get with the times.

For 2 years?

How big is your SD card ?

or you mean at random times ?.

Did you change your habits to see if you noticed any shadows ? Glad you're still here, if they wanted to, i guess , you would not be here

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Maybe it synced somehow from somewhere? I dunno, I find photos downloaded from FB messenger that I don't like too much. I do think that the phones listen all the time though, computers too because I will be talking about something with my sig other and when I go to check my phone or computer a lot of times in the text prediction or ads will be what we were talking about.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MacSen191

True, and if you notice, the preset time for your phone wanting to update is around 2-3am, most would be asleep. I believe there is a feature one can turn off to adjust this setting.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

It still happens, just way less frequently. And it's still happening with new phones and new carriers, btw. If it WAS a spook(s), I actually feel sorry for the guy(s) or gal(s) as I'm not nearly as exciting as I was when a bit younger. They listened to a crapload of alt music, gaming and heard some funny conversations ... I even started taking the phones into the restroom with me, just in case.

And not exactly random times, but never at exactly the same time... like "early afternoon" and "early evening" ... maybe at other times, too, but I don't live on my phone like some... I use them for work and so I avoid them when I can.

I didn't have to alter anything... I'm fairly felony free, lately, but it did make me ponder that the secret space story was probably legit, or at least tied with an "operation."

It was odd in that the video screen would show the recording, and I'd think any govt snoopers would have access to the camera and mic feed without anyone knowing... so it's puzzling and I'm still not sure what to make of it.

Sorry for the drift... and to the OP, just enjoy the photos some stranger is sending you, is my advice... and don't do bank transactions or black market browsing on the phone!
edit on 1/23/2018 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88
Hi, dug88,

Thank you for your insight.

My friend's pic was never on my cell or my pc. I clear about my browsing history, dl history, cookies, cached, etc. a several through over a dozen times a day. (slow pc, so I try to free up as much as I can)

I checked my pc & phone again (before writing these replies, just in case I overlooked something) and their profile photo is still nowhere on my cell or pc. Because it was never on my pc, I cannot check the properties or exif data of their photo. My cell's settings are still off: data (internet), bluetooth, WiFi, Airplane.

After the initial setting up of the cell years ago, I never wanted my phone to have internet access is all. The setup email is different from my fb email, too.
--
a reply to: MacSen191
Hi, MacSen191,

Thank you for replying.

I don't use chat/messenger... just fb email. I thought they were different? And never had fb linked to my cell. I agree with you, though... it must've been synched somehow, but I don't know how.

I agree with you, too, that I think phones listen all the time, to some degree. I heard removing the battery was the a way to stop that, but... I don't know enough about that field to know how it can be done with no battery.

I've heard of what you mentioned happening where ads or text prediction will show what people were talking about. That particular situation hasn't happened to me (yet). I think there are ATS threads on it, too.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
--
Note: I'm not trying to counter or disprove anyone's insight; I'm just stumped and trying to provide as much information as possible. I appreciate everyone's insight & help.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Bummers it is sitll happening; I'm glad it is happening way less, though. Invasive behavior is annoying (if it was them)

These days, I keep my life as simple and mellow as possible.

No worries... you didn't drift (in my opinion). It is all valid insight and information. Thanks

Edit: and for sure I don't do bank, etc. on my phone (no internet on it, anyways... whew!)
edit on 2018 1 23 by oldme because: Added edit.

top topics

join