It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals in California with Driver's Licenses Eligible to Vote After April 1

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
My hope is that any automatic voter registration would flag a non-citizens application as ineligible to vote, but still put their name in the pool for JURY DUTY.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

www.google.ca...

The only way drivers who say they are legal won’t have their information sent to state voter rolls under the latest implementation of the California Motor Voter Act is if they opt out -- which opens the door to the potential of widespread voter fraud, according to critics of the plan.

“You’re setting the state up for a disaster. They don’t seem to have a process in place to verify that people are who they say they are. It’s a free-for-all, a process that can be manipulated,” said Catherine Engelbrecht, founder of True the Vote, a national organization that unsuccessfully pressed Gov. Jerry Brown to veto the law allowing automatic voter registration.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Ok, this makes me #ing angry.

I waited YEARS to become a citizen before I could vote. The whole time feeling "I have a stake in this, I can't wait till I can exercise that right".

I EARNED my right to vote, my citizenship, my place in America.

These people get to walk right in, earn nothing, and whine until CALIFORNIA gives them what they want.

Unbelievable.

And you left out the part about you being a VETERAN.

You followed all the rules and laws, jumped through all the necessary hoops, and volunteered for service.

You sir, are exactly the kind of people we want.

I salute you.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: uninspired
Hmm now that I think about it, maybe this is a good idea...a path to voter ID. Any government official putting the lives of criminals (yes they are criminals, which doesn't mean they are bad people, but they are indeed criminals), criminals who are not even citizens of this country before law abiding citizens needs to gtfo, go be a part of the Mexican government if you want to change their situation.

Wanting immigration laws enforced and the border protected does not make anyone a racist either.

Actually, they may or may not be criminals. It is a crime to unlawfully enter the US. It is not a crime to reside here without documentation. That may seem like a distinction without a difference, but let me give an illustration If you overstay a visa, no crime . If you cross the Rio Grande in the middle of the night - crime (misdemeanor.)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
THEY......CAN'T .....VOTE.....PERIOD!!!!....I've lived here for decades, and just because right-wingers on this thread say they can, doesn't mean it's the truth....jesus, no wonder trump fooled you all with his bulls**t

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

(post by kurthall removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I think ATS is on a blockchain (PEER-TO-PEER) with other social websites, to receive outlandish B.S. from foreign players. this is going to vastly increase as the midterms get closer. I wonder if the owners have considered what this would do to their business model....what's that old saying......"it's imperative to have an open mind, but not to the extent where your brains fall out"....

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

April 1st = April Fool's Day. How fitting for California.

Why are they still a state in our union? The petitions were signed and filed properly. Come on Sacramento...get with it!

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Starting on April 1, 2018, illegal aliens in California who have recently obtained state driver's licenses legally, or obtained them previously by lying about their immigration status, will automatically be registered to vote.

What the f. . . . . . . . . . ?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Did I say that they could? No, I did not. Please redirect your anger in the right direction please.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
We need to go with my plan I have had for years. Force Mexico into a state, and wall off the southern border with machine guns, drones, mines, sharks with lasers on their heads etc ...

Will be alot easier, plus we can deploy Marines to destroy the Cartels and the growth potential from bringing Mexico up to code will churn out heavy returns for companies involved for years to come. Not to mention the baby boomers can become the new landlords as they buy up cheap land and gentrify the # out of the cities.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
I think ATS is on a blockchain (PEER-TO-PEER) with other social websites, to receive outlandish B.S. from foreign players. this is going to vastly increase as the midterms get closer. I wonder if the owners have considered what this would do to their business model....what's that old saying......"it's imperative to have an open mind, but not to the extent where your brains fall out"....

Seems some people are really getting upset that the Truth is finally being exposed. Scream all you want. The Tide is finally changing in favor of The People.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Touche'

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: jimmyx
THEY......CAN'T .....VOTE.....PERIOD!!!!....I've lived here for decades, and just because right-wingers on this thread say they can, doesn't mean it's the truth....jesus, no wonder trump fooled you all with his bulls**t

I know!! I said it from page one. Why The Mods let this stay open I don't know. This thread should have been closed . They are spreading false information. I live in California too right down the street from a DMV in LA. I know it's BS!

And you would know the difference how, exactly? Are you implying that you check the documentation of every applicant there personally to make sure none of them are illegals trying to obtain driver licenses? Stop every single one and verify they checked the opt out box if they weren't supposed to be registering to vote? If you didn't, you don't "know" # about it.

Living down the street from a DMV does not make you an authority on the matter. I live down the street from a DMV myself...does that mean I have empirical knowledge of every single person who applies for a license there? Of course not. Only children can get away with magical thinking like that. When adults do it, it just looks ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I do have to say, as someone who grew up in CA and has great love for it, that this is concerning. I'm not anti-immigrant by any means. But, I do think that voting should be for legal immigrants or citizens. Having people that are already breaking the law or not here documented voting on issues that affects us all is a troubling idea.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

What if they're mostly Romanian and are staunch 'conservatives' and they not only want to be 'part of the process' but figured they'd go where they'd be most useful, so New York or Ca. ?

They would still be illegal immigrants voting.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

No they can't vote,but just like a libtard they get free phones,free medical,food stamps,and yes a drivers license,I hate these idiots in Calif,who use 1 example,instead of all,your why this state is messed up,Demorats

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Since we're stacking the deck in peoples favour, the electoral college should award a generic/default 'non-democrat' vote count for California for all future US Federal elections - effectively nullifying their voice.

That would be equal and fair for the entire United States of America.

If not, then why can't I vote as well? Do I need to enter illegally in order to vote?

Where does the buck stop?

edit on 24/1/2018 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join