It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Hillary was inevitable then why/how did she lose?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
This is something I've been trying to figure out and my imagination gets the best of me every time! For some reason, I think if I understood the answer to why/how Hillary lost after such high expectations, I would better understand the games/strategery in DC now. So I'm wondering what my fellow ATSers are thinking...

Prior to the election, conventional wisdom told us that Hillary was inevitable... that she couldn't lose... that she was going to be the next POTUS. So what happened? How did the inevitable become the evitable???

Did she just not have the voter support that everyone believed?
Did Trump just have greater support than everyone believed?
Did the Democrats not have the election rigged as well as they believed?
Did someone sabotage the best rigging efforts of the Democrats?
Did the Republicans just rig the elections better than the Democrats?
Did the talking heads just say she was inevitable hoping it would lead to more votes?
A combination of the above?
None of the above???

What's your best educated guess?

Simple. She lost because she got less electoral college votes.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Boadicea

One word ...POKEMON

LOL because it's true!!! Having seen my own son's obsession with Pokemon, I have no choice but to accept that as a perfectly cromulent explanation!

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Best analysis I've read is she repeatedly ignored Bill's advice re: blue collar workers in the rust belt. Bill was very good at connecting with them, but she simply failed to see the importance of doing that.

Thank you for adding that. I have read that too, and I just shake my head and wonder "why?" Why would she ignore Bill's advice? Bill knows how to win elections. Bill knows how to charm the people. She knows this. Why wouldn't she listen to him??? Who was she listening to? And why them instead of Bill? It makes no sense.

That's bugged me for a long loooooooong time...

link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

That one was a huge one, the cognitive dissonance and absolute "head in the sand", fingers in ears, lalalala BS that leftist were doing was also a determining factor.

I've never witnessed such a mass in delusions before, peoples worlds literally ended during election night, the craziest stuff I have ever seen. Now on the run and almost exhausted, I would like to see how the Dems will utilize their last bit of foundation.

Can't run with cutting taxes, Trump did that, can't talk immigration, Trump is actively working on that, can't bring in Military, Trump pushed for more funding and these are fresh.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm....

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The going theory is that she was overconfident and instead of shoring up her base in states like Wisconsin that she believed were guaranteed blue states she went for the throat and campaigned primarily in red states. This had a double effect of weakening her support in reliably blue states (that would become battleground states) as well as passing off the perception of making her look overconfident and entitled to the Presidency.

An absolutely spot-on assessment.

I can't imagine why it only had two stars before I read it.

Oh, wait. Yes I can.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The going theory is that she was overconfident and instead of shoring up her base in states like Wisconsin that she believed were guaranteed blue states she went for the throat and campaigned primarily in red states. This had a double effect of weakening her support in reliably blue states (that would become battleground states) as well as passing off the perception of making her look overconfident and entitled to the Presidency.

An absolutely spot-on assessment.

I can't imagine why it only had two stars before I read it.

Oh, wait. Yes I can.
But nobody disputed it either, so yeah.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

You forgot the obvious:

IT WAS GOD's WILL.

There's no doubt of that.

Well, to one degree or another, everything is "God's will" to the extent that it was His will that gave us free will... are you suggesting divine intervention?

Hillary would have destroyed America. It's not "our time" to go. Not yet.

I have no doubt that the USA is bigger than we are... and that there was some divine providence involved in the founding of this nation... and that God ain't finished with us yet! But my goodness -- I'm having a hard enough time understanding the ways of mankind without trying to understand all the ways and wonders of the Lord!

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Why are you wasting your time thinking about Hillary? We have our eyes in the front of our heads so we can look ahead, not behind..

And we have these amazing things called joints and muscles and whatnot that allow us to look behind us as well!!!

But to answer your question, because those who don't learn from the past make the same mistakes in the future.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

That one was a huge one, the cognitive dissonance and absolute "head in the sand", fingers in ears, lalalala BS that leftist were doing was also a determining factor.

I've never witnessed such a mass in delusions before, peoples worlds literally ended during election night, the craziest stuff I have ever seen. Now on the run and almost exhausted, I would like to see how the Dems will utilize their last bit of foundation.

Can't run with cutting taxes, Trump did that, can't talk immigration, Trump is actively working on that, can't bring in Military, Trump pushed for more funding and these are fresh.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm....

Only thing Democrats have to run on is the race card and other identity politics. However, that is going to be a hard sell when people are seeing more money in their wallets both from tax cuts and the stock market. Immigration is a dead issue as the left knows the public wants the wall despite the propoganda coming from the MSM and their political shills.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

So many different factors combining for the same result... That's pretty much where I'm at. I think there were many factors at play.

I do wonder when internal polling revealed that Trump would win. I suspect that's when Team Obama got desperate and spying went into overtime. And more. I don't think we know the half of it yet.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: Edumakated

Popular vote, is the popular vote. Also, millions.

California doesn't speak for the other 49 states.... this is the beauty of our system.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Hillary's a sick old woman, she lost! The continuance of this obsession with her is astonishing. Is she even relevant anymore?

I agree with you far more than you know... but here's the thing for me: I don't think Hillary was calling her own shots. I won't call her a puppet, but I will say that she was not her own master. If I'm wrong, then I'll focus my attention elsewhere. But if I'm right, then I want to know who was giving her marching orders, what power they had over her, and I'll go from there...

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Well, for starters she was not on team Russia.

Hahaha! We'll see about that after the conclusion of the new Uranium One investigation...

She also should have been campaigning more. However, she was sick in Sept of 2016 with pneumonia, which is why at the Sept 11th memorial she almost collapsed. I think the pneumonia kicked her butt.

Do you think her health kept her from campaigning more? Or at least in the crucial last couple months of the campaign?

Also she did win the popular vote by millions.

So we're told...

Also, there was no voter fraud, as trump would like you to think, the investigation ended last week.

I don't believe that for a minute -- and I don't need Trump to tell me anything. There's plenty of voter fraud. We just don't know to what extent and if it was enough to affect the outcome. And no one seems to want to find out... Hmmmmm.....

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

This is something I've been trying to figure out and my imagination gets the best of me every time! For some reason, I think if I understood the answer to why/how Hillary lost after such high expectations, I would better understand the games/strategery in DC now. So I'm wondering what my fellow ATSers are thinking...

Prior to the election, conventional wisdom told us that Hillary was inevitable... that she couldn't lose... that she was going to be the next POTUS. So what happened? How did the inevitable become the evitable???

Did she just not have the voter support that everyone believed?
Did Trump just have greater support than everyone believed?
Did the Democrats not have the election rigged as well as they believed?
Did someone sabotage the best rigging efforts of the Democrats?
Did the Republicans just rig the elections better than the Democrats?
Did the talking heads just say she was inevitable hoping it would lead to more votes?
A combination of the above?
None of the above???

What's your best educated guess?

Why are you wasting your time thinking about Hillary? We have our eyes in the front of our heads so we can look ahead, not behind..

That way predators could easily flank us....
Got to watch your rear...
Hillary damn sure is attacking from the rear , still.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Demexit.

When millions on the left saw the Democrats for what they were, and what they did to Sanders.

I think you're right about that. The Bernie Bros could no longer give the party the benefit of the doubt, and couldn't trust or support the party's candidate.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

There's plenty of voter fraud. We just don't know to what extent and if it was enough to affect the outcome.

I don't know how anybody can say there is no voter fraud. It's been found, multiple times, to have happened. Is it to some giant, huge, election swinging extent? I don't necessarily buy that idea but I sure as hell don't buy the "it doesn't happen" idea either.

As to your comment on her not calling her own shots: I would disagree 100%. I think that's exactly why she lost: they allowed her to call her own shots. I think she's so caught up in her own hype she couldn't see the forest for the trees, and there wasn't anybody around to call her to heel.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Maybe many in the electoral college knew that Hillary would be a terrible corrupt president and went with the wild card trump. It's too bad trump never grew beyond his election persona and still remains a empty cardboard politician saying silly things on twitter. I was really hoping trump would turn it around and get serious but he truly is the ridiculous election persona. He wants a see-through multi billion dollar wall for #s sake.. Unless trump is apart of another agenda..

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

Its a big stage show. Hillary wasn't (S)elected, Trump was.

Yes, I have considered that possibility as well. At one time, I considered it a probability. And I sure haven't ruled it out yet. I'm still cautiously optimistic that the swamp is being drained, but I need to see something far more substantial than the leaks and rumors we're getting now. And even if the current swamp creatures are being removed, how are we to know the vacuum won't be filled with other swamp creatures???

Thats what I mean. Even though the conductor, chefs, cabin boys all change on the railroad; the track the train is on, the schedule it follows, stays the same.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I believe it all started to crumble for Hilary when she and the DNC colluded against Bernie. That kind of pissed off a lot of the Dems support.

I believe the polls that showed her with a 98% chance of winning were not true from the beginning.

I noticed the support for Trump was greater while surfing the web and reading responses on different media platforms.

And Trump ran a better campaign.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I find it hilarious after 3 pages.

No one has blamed RUSSIA!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join