It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rupert Murdoch to Mark Zuckerberg... Shut Up, Pay Me

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Sounds like Zucc needs to give him a bill for freely advertising his product

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Both of these men are a drain on society; but Facebook doesn’t use and share that information, it’s users do, so if Murdoch wants that point to stick he should be going after the users that share that information. Not that it would be a wise move, or anyone in their right mind would attack their audience.

Well except the music industry a few years back.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Let the War of the Corporations begin! Pretty soon they'll be fighting each other with drones, AI, leverage from cryptocurrencies. Cray cray

There is an African saying that goes some thing like this. When elephants quarrel it's the grass that gets trampled.
Just saying.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Honestly, if I thought Suck was fleecing the MSM, I’d have no problem saying so, but this specific case just screams greed to me.

It is about the greed. All of them are greedy.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

This argument makes no sense, news organizations freely post stories to facebook in the hopes of recruiting subscribers. It's low cost advertising for them. Channel 77 on cable doesn't pay for someone to advertise on their network. This is no different.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
Could you elaborate on that statement? Cable companies do pay channels to bring their programming to your set top box.
But as a result f the internet and pay per channel services that can be delivered through that service, cable is struggling to say relevant.
How do cable companies make their money?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Aazadan
Could you elaborate on that statement? Cable companies do pay channels to bring their programming to your set top box.
But as a result f the internet and pay per channel services that can be delivered through that service, cable is struggling to say relevant.
How do cable companies make their money?

Sorry, I mean the station isn't paying the advertiser. It's the other way around. Plus, you might not be aware of this but Facebook already has a revenue sharing system in place for these businesses with ad clicks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join