It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government shutdown was NOT over DACA thats a Distraction the REAL Shutdown was over FISA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Lets be Honest with ourselves DACA is a Distraction. Democrats know deep down in there partisan hearts that DACA is wrong. You can't ignore existing Federal Law that YOU HELPED PASS. Democrats have been "Resisting" all year long so now when Daming info like this is released:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Id shutdown the Government down as well. Lets look at the date of when the Government shutdown: Saturday, January 20, 2018

Lets Look at some of these dates when the information was Published:

* - BOMBSHELL: Chairman Nunes Has Seen Clear Evidence of FISA ‘Abuse’ by FBI and DOJ Officials
* - Jan 10th 2018 - Was the DNC/Clinton campaign-funded dossier used to obtain warrants on Trump team from the secret court?
* - Jan 18th - HERE WE GO=> Rep DeSantis Demands Declassification of All DOJ Docs Related to Russia Dossier
* - Jan 11th - House votes to renew FISA program, following mixed messages from Trump
-* Jan 8th - EXCLUSIVE: House Intel Committee Has Received All Docs On Trump Dossier From DOJ, FBI

Hmm Jan 18th? Weird how that works.

It was first reported by The Daily Caller that the House Intel Committee received all docs requested on the Russia dossier from the DOJ and FBI Monday.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

And Boom the Government gets shutdown. They didnt shut it down over illegals they shut it down because Obama created a bigger scandal then Watergate and they needed time to do damage control.
edit on 22-1-2018 by SCG20 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2018 by SCG20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I dunno, CEO and executive all across the U.S., from Hilton Hotels, to Disney, to ADM, to Tyson Chicken, Dole Fruit, and every single farmer, gardener and working couple hiring nannies, they all ignored federal law for decades and made just a shtload.

There'd be no need for a wall if Big Corp and Big Farm didn't just keep handing out jobs with the expectation of people working for below minimum wage, yet they did, even though it was against the law. None went to jail.

Dems don't "know" DACA is wrong, we know it would be wrong to "deport" people who've essentially never lived abroad. You guys don't feel that deportation would be wrong and that's why you're republicans.

If the shutdown weren't about DACA, awfully strange that it's McConnell's promise to being it to a vote that ended it.

It's not about this ridiculous FISA thing that just now happens to be coming out as all the evidence against Trump is starting to leak out, just happens to be hitting a head as the Simpson testimony comes out, just happens to involve Devin Nunes who ALREADY HAD TO RECUSE HIMSELF FOR BEING A COMPLETE DOLT, administration stooge, so over the top stupid that even the dam republicans on his committee thought he ought to be recused.

Meanwhile, today we hear that the guy TRUMP appointed to head the FBI had to threaten to resign for ....wait for it ....pressuring him to fire subordinates! Wow, the obstruction just never ends. Must be pretty bad if Trump's willing to obstruct this overtly.

Your Memo will be out any day now, I'm sure, what with Republicans in control of everything, any day now, any week now, any time now, whenever the next very bad thing comes out against Trump, it'll be right there in front of your eyes.

And Jared Kushner - who still cannot get a security clearance bc he lied so many times about his Russian contacts - had to be warned by the FBI that his buddy Wendy Deng was likely using him on behalf of either China or her boyfriend Putin.

Sigh.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SCG20

What will Democrats do to distract Americans when the House Intelligence Committee's MEMO that details laws broken by the Obama Administration, is released to the public?

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What will Democrats do to distract Americans when the House Intelligence Committee's MEMO that details laws broken by the Obama Administration, is released to the public?

Probably go Crying to Mueller.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
THIS Nunes? www.washingtonpost.com... 4824bbb5d748_story.html?utm_term=.081b501b6304

Text“The biggest mistake was not consulting with the Democrats,” said Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), who has previously criticized Nunes’s actions, and who applauded his decision to step down. “You have to do that if you’re going to be successful around here, especially on national security issues.” Democrats accused Nunes, who served on Trump’s transition team, of coordinating the disclosure with the White House, where at least three officials were tied to the files Nunes viewed. Democrats have also accused Nunes of working with the Trump administration to keep former acting attorney general Sally Yates from testifying publicly before the committee.

The totally neutral guy on the Trump transition team who's already broken the rules to the point he recused himself until he didn't???

Yeah, I can't wait for his "Memo" that's so "explosive" and which won''t bear at all upon whether his partner and his transition team colluded with Russians.

I will await and support whatever Mueller finds, but if I had to bet upon who will end up in prison, between any FBI agent and Nunes, I know who my money is upon. The guy from Congress - for godsake - who is supposed to be "investigating Trump-Russia" and is instead taking it upon himself to go outside his jurisdiction and investigate the FBI - whom he now won't share the report with, even though the FBI is now led by a Trump appointee.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Read it.

Await the inaction that happened with respect to BENGHAZIIIIIII, and Emailzzzzz settles in.

What will you do when Mueller's investigation comes out and shows that Trump has helped launder money for years with the Russian mob, that his campaign was stuffed to the gills with Russian agents, that his campaign passed info from Cambridge to Russia to use in its FAcebook, Bot, voter roll hacking, and multiple counts of obstruction of justice, including now Trump's latest pressure upon Director Wray, causing Wray to have to threaten to resign??

What a joke. You believe the guy who was IN the transition team just happens to have this explosive memo that he won't give the FBI that is led now by a Trump appointee whose law firm represented Russian interests prior to his appointment.

But, won't believe the FBI did the absolute right thing all along. Simply looking out for a Russian agent entering the White House.

okay.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrubdog
I dunno, CEO and executive all across the U.S., from Hilton Hotels, to Disney, to ADM, to Tyson Chicken, Dole Fruit, and every single farmer, gardener and working couple hiring nannies, they all ignored federal law for decades and made just a shtload.

There'd be no need for a wall if Big Corp and Big Farm didn't just keep handing out jobs with the expectation of people working for below minimum wage, yet they did, even though it was against the law. None went to jail.

Dems don't "know" DACA is wrong, we know it would be wrong to "deport" people who've essentially never lived abroad. You guys don't feel that deportation would be wrong and that's why you're republicans.

If the shutdown weren't about DACA, awfully strange that it's McConnell's promise to being it to a vote that ended it.

It's not about this ridiculous FISA thing that just now happens to be coming out as all the evidence against Trump is starting to leak out, just happens to be hitting a head as the Simpson testimony comes out, just happens to involve Devin Nunes who ALREADY HAD TO RECUSE HIMSELF FOR BEING A COMPLETE DOLT, administration stooge, so over the top stupid that even the dam republicans on his committee thought he ought to be recused.

Meanwhile, today we hear that the guy TRUMP appointed to head the FBI had to threaten to resign for ....wait for it ....pressuring him to fire subordinates! Wow, the obstruction just never ends. Must be pretty bad if Trump's willing to obstruct this overtly.

Your Memo will be out any day now, I'm sure, what with Republicans in control of everything, any day now, any week now, any time now, whenever the next very bad thing comes out against Trump, it'll be right there in front of your eyes.

And Jared Kushner - who still cannot get a security clearance bc he lied so many times about his Russian contacts - had to be warned by the FBI that his buddy Wendy Deng was likely using him on behalf of either China or her boyfriend Putin.

Sigh.

So, why didn't those good illegal immigrants go and apply for citizenship. My son is law is one that came in as a child, he had papers till he turned eighteen and then ignored applying on his own till about five years ago. He is now finally getting his citizenship, he is doing it the right way. Even my brother in law had his residency, he was from Yap, my sister met him at college.

Some of these people have gone to college and have good jobs, can't they afford to go apply for residency and eventually citizenship to become legal people in this country. Our government should make it more affordable for these DAPA people to get legal, they should not be able to just say screw your countries immigration rules and regulations.

This applies to everyone here, I am not just talking Hispanics. The immigration laws of our country apply to every single person, my grandfather applied for citizenship and so did my great grandmother. So did every relative of mine that moved to this country, why can't these illegals apply like all of our ancestors who moved here did.

Since the eighteen hundreds, people moving into this country had to apply for citizenship or residency, these kind of laws are in most countries of the world.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Not sure what's really going on right now.

Confusion is not a good thing, it's a tactic.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Because they'd most likely get deported to some place they'd never known? They didn't trust the U.S. government??

I know. You want them deported now. It's one of the fundamental differences between Dems and Republicans. Republicans will forgive those who hired them, Dems will forgive those who came.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SCG20 Ya I won’t buy any of what you are getting paid to say. Account made on Jan 19 with the min amount of thread post to make a thread. Then using claims that A; only the republicans have seen, or B: using speculation. To me you are a bot or shill and hold no water to me. You may have others fooled but not I.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I agree with you.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Because they'd most likely get deported to some place they'd never known? They didn't trust the U.S. government??

I know. You want them deported now. It's one of the fundamental differences between Dems and Republicans. Republicans will forgive those who hired them, Dems will forgive those who came.

These people can go out and sign up for Residency and they would not have to worry about getting deported, but they blow it off. They are breaking immigration laws by not being legal, people can even do that themselves, it costs about a thousand bucks to get registered. I know, my brother in law went through it to extend his education visa and so did my son in law. They won't get deported if they apply and are accepted, those with felony criminal records might not get accepted though.

Your rationality is not even applicable. Instead of DAPA, they should have gave these people a break in the fees. Obama never should have passed that law, he should have passed something so they could get legal.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

And then some.
2nd Line.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SCG20
Lets be Honest with ourselves DACA is a Distraction. Democrats know deep down in there partisan hearts that DACA is wrong. You can't ignore existing Federal Law that YOU HELPED PASS.

But how can it be wrong, when it gets you so many votes?!?

That is the thing, I agree that it is not about DACA, but it is not about FISA either. It is about votes.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

These people can go out and sign up for Residency and they would not have to worry about getting deported, but they blow it off. They are breaking immigration laws by not being legal, people can even do that themselves, it costs about a thousand bucks to get registered. I know, my brother in law went through it to extend his education visa and so did my son in law. They won't get deported if they apply and are accepted, those with felony criminal records might not get accepted though.

Your rationality is not even applicable. Instead of DAPA, they should have gave these people a break in the fees. Obama never should have passed that law, he should have passed something so they could get legal.

Exactly Immigration should be as cheap as Walmart Prices. That way People from SHole countries don't even have to apply for refugee status. DACA is a slap in the face to EVERYONE who did it the Legal and Responsible way. DACA is just one big massive Guilt trip that the Left is trying to impose on American citizens.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SCG20

originally posted by: rickymouse

Exactly Immigration should be as cheap as Walmart Prices. That way People from SHole countries don't even have to apply for refugee status. DACA is a slap in the face to EVERYONE who did it the Legal and Responsible way. DACA is just one big massive Guilt trip that the Left is trying to impose on American citizens.

My Son in law spent three grand for the first lawyer, everything that lawyer did wasn't right. Then they paid five grand to the second lawyer, that got him residency. There was a total of five hundred bucks worth of Government fees in the first time and about two grand the second time. He still has about three thousand bucks to go. If it would not have cost so much he could have done it sooner, he and my daughter have five kids. When he got a decent job he did it right away, but it is hard to afford that kind of expense working in a commercial bakery.

That should be a low cost procedure, the Lawyers make lots of money on immigration, there should be some free help to help some of these people. Many of the immigrants are good workers, the issue here is following the law and getting legal and that is important. All those illegals voting wouldn't be a problem if they were legal.

I could see the Amnesty, but that didn't work so well, the illegals could not afford five grand in lawyer fees or more to get it done. First they have to be able to live here, that takes most of what they earn. They need transportation and housing and food too. That amnesty program was designed by elite people, they can not comprehend the cost of lawyers and the reduced wages of the immigrants.

All DACA did was showed them that if you ignore the laws, laws that are necessary, then they change the laws.

edit on 23-1-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

join