It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vermont becomes ninth U.S. state to legalize marijuana

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

I'm for it, and in favor of taxing it and regulating it as we do tobacco and alcohol.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I support MJ legalization but I don't approve of people smoking on the streets like its a cigarette.

Its not a pleasant smell when other people smoke it, and annoying to smell.

Not to mention, that little kids and families shouldn't have to smell it while out on a stroll.

They should ticket and confiscate for smoking in public places.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
I support MJ legalization but I don't approve of people smoking on the streets like its a cigarette.

Not to mention, that little kids and families shouldn't have to smell it while out on a stroll.

I don't either, but reefer madness is still fresh in our heads so that's what people automatically think when they hear the term 'legalizing pot'.

No one really wants to be around it out in the streets, agreed, it should be legal in your own home though for obvious reasons.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I'm starting to think alcohol should be illegal like marijuana has been for the last few decades, but that won't happen again. It never lasted long the last time they tried it. People just bootlegged it anyway. Now it's legal it's no big deal, the same will happen with mj.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I liked this statement, it speaks volumes.

"It's an exciting time, we're witnessing history," says Justin Strekal, political director for the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, or NORML. So far, all other cannabis legalization measures have gone through ballot initiatives approved by citizen voters, rather than by lawmakers themselves.

Rolling Stone

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

What really bangs my rocket is the fact that they've illegalized weed for years but not alcohol

Um, they did that at one point..right?
Didn't work out so well.

I'm more for decriminalisation. Canada is legalising and at the same time criminalising it in 50 new ways that involve more jail time than currently.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Um ok. When did it ever prior to now?

Would you like to give us a link for that?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
well #, then Florida needs recreational ASAP. Maybe the whole country could have avoided the opioid crisis of the early 2000's if Florida had recreational back then?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   

When did they illegalize alcohol..are you serious? you really want a link?
What I got from your post was they illegalized pot but not alcohol, clearly alcohol was made illegal in the 20s, you know, Al Capone, bootlegging,..etc.

edit on 23-1-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

That isn't the case in legal states first off. There is no database in Colorado, cali etc... You just show your licence like alcohol.

And Vermont legalized possession and growing. Not selling. So nobody who would know the better in the state. The state also has no carry laws. So you don't even register to carry a firearm.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

That is the policy in all legal states. The cops can't be everywhere but that is the law.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I see it more as a no choice matter .
1 yes THC can have major effects on Parkinson's so much so the change is astounding .
and a few other health things but weed smokers act like it is the cure to every thing .

As for using it to get stoned my experience is it sucks here is one that weed smokers will never own up to .
I am allergic to it > yes taht is right more then 3 tokes and my body goes total out of wak .
My blood pressure starts jumping not up not down Both and even a very very small amount Ill puke .

anyway people do stupid stuff drinking is stupid - smoking tobacco or chewing is stupid ( I smoke Oddly enough if it was illegal I would quite being legal it is to easy to get and cheep )

smoking weed is stupid USING any drug beyond what is totally necessary is stupid legal or not . Heck eating tons of sugar is stupid .But people will do stupid things and no law will stop it .
So it is leagel for you to smoke in your house choking your kids ( i smoke out back only )
it is leagel to have booz in your house so the kids get a hold of it and get drunk .
now it will be leagel to smoke weed in your house getting your kids stoned .
Every smoker I know if the kids were tested would come back positive . I say this because every one I have ever met has no problem lighting up inside with kids in the house .

It amazes me just how bad weed smokers are and how bad many many drinkers are .
I will say this legalizing weed sure would help the government when they steal from you as your to stone to care .

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I remember a story about the drop in opioid scripts after MJ is made legal, they drop like a rock.

I say this is a good thing, let people use this freely. Even if big pharma gets pissed.

Big Pharma isn't the only ones getting upset about the pot wave.
Alco hol Sales Dropped 15% In States With Medical Marijuana Laws

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Don't you fools see if MJ is legalized it will tank both the Opiod Industry as well as the For-Profit Prison Industry. Sessions is heavily invested in both. Won't someone think of poor Sessions!?!

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
I liked this statement, it speaks volumes.

"It's an exciting time, we're witnessing history," says Justin Strekal, political director for the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, or NORML. So far, all other cannabis legalization measures have gone through ballot initiatives approved by citizen voters, rather than by lawmakers themselves.

Rolling Stone

I should have been reading that 40 years ago.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Won't someone think of poor Sessions!?!

Nope.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: seasonal

I remember a story about the drop in opioid scripts after MJ is made legal, they drop like a rock.

I say this is a good thing, let people use this freely. Even if big pharma gets pissed.

Big Pharma isn't the only ones getting upset about the pot wave.
Alco hol Sales Dropped 15% In States With Medical Marijuana Laws

They can't have that can they? If sales drop people might live a little longer and bar brawls would become obsolete.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

What you got from my post was wrong then, I never said that.

I'm more for decriminalisation. Canada is legalising and at the same time criminalising it in 50 new ways that involve more jail time than currently.

Got a link?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

I agree and it is the policy they use here in The Netherlands. You may only buy it at a licensed coffee-shop. Some shops have a smoking area but by no means all. The only other place you may legally consume it is in the privacy of your own home. The only people I see here smoking weed on the street are groups of young people. I would guess that they either are not allowed to smoke at home or don't want Mom and Dad to know they smoke it.

They pick stupid places to smoke it though, like outside a supermarket or some other high visibility area where there is a lot of pedestrian traffic. Kinda dumb imho.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Could you imagine if pot commercials could air during NFL game? It would be GG for the beer market. Lol.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join