It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone wants a wall!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: tovenar

Or maybe it's because we recognize it as a gigantic waste of money. Most undocumented immigrants are people that came in to the country legally and overstayed their visa.

A better solution is to actually go after those companies that employee these people.

Now wait a minute there hoss. Are you trying to tell us that THE WALL won't stop Mexicans flying into LAX and Hartsfield-Jackson with a tourist visa?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I challenge that assertion. Most of the illegal immigrants from Mexico and Latin America (the bulk of immigrants) never even began the legal process. The people walking north through the desert dont have visas.

Most illegals from India and the ME had visas at some point, since they arrived on aircraft. Most of the Latin American walkers just walked across an imaginary line on the map.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

deleted double post
edit on 23-1-2018 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tebyen
I just can't get over how much ATS has changed.

When I came to this site over a decade ago, the thought of a wall on our southern border built by the US government threw people into fits.

No one trusted the government enough to allow such a thing to happen; after all, if a wall can keep people out, it can keep people in.

Now I see some of the self same people who used to decry the US government and not trust a damn thing from them going all in on this idea, and supporting the government.

Just remember folks; if a wall goes up, that wall will still be there when the people in charge are once again the government you don't like; possibly even the government you fear.

Many of you once had escape plans that involved Mexico should the US turn into a dictatorship; those plans are worthless with a wall.

That was back when America was led by an internationalist cartel, and the president's father had served as the director of the CIA.

This president is so hated precisely because he is thwarting that same globalist cartel. Having a real border might impact their business model, that requires importing peasants from Mexico to cut wages and staff the service economy.

Since Trump became president, we haven't made a single transfer of airplanes full of US currency to Iran. He has tried to slow the tide of muslim immigrants to the US, And the price of oil keeps falling. No wonder they want him out.

The enemy was not government, the enemy was and is the globalist bankers.
edit on 23-1-2018 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Your preconception that most of the immigrants coming from Mexico and South America are sneaking across the border is wrong. Most of them come across legally at border crossings and just never go back. A wall won't stop that.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You mean the same bankers that populate Trump's Cabinet?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

There will always be bankers on the president's cabinet. But the ones who pushed NAFTA through (with both parties supporting) and were within inches of getting the TPP past congress, are now out.

So it is a new day, in many ways.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: olaru12

Trump dont plan to make a solid wall where natural barriers work better.

I know...I saw that clip...

Like that raging river the Rio Grande....

You ever try crossing it in certain spots its very dangerous. or that hot desert.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Oh wait - is that the wrong place to quote Reagan?

No. It's perfectly placed.

Funny how the party and political side that celebrated a man that stated we needed to tear down a symbol of communist oppression is now seeking to build their own wall.

Irony...

Aha, someone got it!

Thx Introvert.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Oh wait - is that the wrong place to quote Reagan?

No. It's perfectly placed.

Funny how the party and political side that celebrated a man that stated we needed to tear down a symbol of communist oppression is now seeking to build their own wall.

Irony...

Aha, someone got it!

Thx Introvert.

I have to ask.....hwo would keeping out people oppress them?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: 3daysgone
If anyone is against a wall because they don't think it works, they should leave the door to their house opened at all times. A wall will not stop someone, but it makes it a lot more difficult for them.

I personally use my walls and doors for climate control. Never, ever even once, have I had a thought run through my head about my home being for security. That's a sad way to live.

Having a sense of security and well being is a sad way to live? Perspective is the key.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join