It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEAL GOP Congressman Refuses to Get Paid During Shutdown — Instead, He’s Donating It

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Navy SEAL GOP Congressman Refuses to Get Paid During Shutdown — Instead, He’s Donating It

We need more guys like this in government:

Rep. Scott Taylor (R-VA), who is a former Navy SEAL, posted on Twitter Saturday saying he would be donating his salary during the shutdown.

His donation will be going to a different military or veteran’s charity each day. The first day’s donation went to Vetshouse Inc., which is a nonprofit serving homeless veterans.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Rep. Scott Taylor (R-VA), who is a former Navy SEAL, posted on Twitter Saturday saying he would be donating his salary during the shutdown.

His donation will be going to a different military or veteran’s charity each day. The first day’s donation went to Vetshouse Inc., which is a nonprofit serving homeless veterans.

A good man indeed

If only others had the heart to do the same...

From an ex UK serviceman.

Warmest respects

Lags

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
They don't get paid till the middle of next week anyway. They are still earning their pay and will get full pay when this mess is over

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I saw this man on tv saying this and he kinda challenged everyone else to do the same. Good man. Now we as citizens of the United states should all take a call in day at work if they don't pass a budget, you don't make money to tax that day

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

He's not the only one giving up his pay. A number of Democratic reps are. And one of them is writing a bill to request that if there is a government shutdown, not only will Congress be banned from receiving salaries, the military will be guaranteed to keep getting their paycheck during that time. I don't twitter but apparently they've all twittered about it.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Need to work on the shutdown they created then politics afterwards

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

Need to work on the shutdown they created then politics afterwards

That handful of Dems were not responsible for the shutdown, nor did they want it. Now they're backing the President and trying to take a stance. How about we give people credit when they get it right instead of stubbornly perpetuating the political divide? That would be refreshing.

When an olive branch is extended, it is customary to take it...not snap it in half. That's exactly what your President would say.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
30 day extension is all they want and thats stupid. Build the wall and clean house

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
There's 9 days till payday lets see who gives in first

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

We have people eating poison laundry detergent to get attention

I’m starting to become a bit more synical that we’re gonna have the Brain power to pull that one off....

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

If I was a betting man, The democrats will give in.

The truth of the situation does not matter, its going to be an easy talking point we have all already heard.

Democrats are putting illegal immigrants over the men and women of the US military in a war zone.

That just looks awful no matter how you slice it.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I’m starting to become a bit more synical that we’re gonna have the Brain power to pull that one off....

Two questions about the laundry detergent:
1. Are you able to verify that they are indeed people?
2. Did this occur in Florida (the butthole of America)?

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

Two questions about the laundry detergent:
1. Are you able to verify that they are indeed people?
2. Did this occur in Florida (the butthole of America)?

Lol
1. I use to think “people” was a pretty self evident term, as it turns out now days I’m not even sure what qualifies
2. Unfortunately I don’t think we can blame this one all in Florida this time

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Hahahaaaa well...you do have a point! I knew things had really started to go downhill when I saw a local bar is now selling "Tide pod shots". They probably taste just like it too😹😹😹

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Hahahaaaa well...you do have a point! I knew things had really started to go downhill when I saw a local bar is now selling "Tide pod shots". They probably taste just like it too😹😹😹

Oh god we had a local bar here doing the same thing. Was thinking “great encourage them”

I wish brilliant ideas caught on as viral as stupid ones

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

BFD.

Is he missing out on the lobby $$$ and lunches?

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

If I was a betting man, The democrats will give in.

The truth of the situation does not matter, its going to be an easy talking point we have all already heard.

Democrats are putting illegal immigrants over the men and women of the US military in a war zone.

That just looks awful no matter how you slice it.

It does look awful. And even worse that only a few of them are speaking up about the pay issue...I think that actually showcases the divide within that party even more starkly. Everybody but a handful from their side is perfectly willing to sit on their pompous asses and let the men and women fighting for our country go without pay...people are noticing that handful pretty acutely right now, in complete contrast to the rest of them, whose attitudes seem to be of the "let them eat cake" school of thought.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Oh god we had a local bar here doing the same thing. Was thinking “great encourage them”

I wish brilliant ideas caught on as viral as stupid ones

Too bad nobody has been able to create a shot...or laundry pod, whatevs😸...that just makes people less stupid. Not necessarily smart, mind you. Just less stupid.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

This is silly. Isn't it better to accept your pay, and "spend it" somewhere so that other people can get it by earning through their sales?

After all, money is "currency", it's supposed to "flow", so there's no better action than "receiving money" and then "immediately spending it" on something.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

This is silly. Isn't it better to accept your pay, and "spend it" somewhere so that other people can get it by earning through their sales?

After all, money is "currency", it's supposed to "flow", so there's no better action than "receiving money" and then "immediately spending it" on something.

True.

If he wants to be a hero, expose the lobbying and pay to play that is rampant with the joined at the hip multinational corps and politicians.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join