It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The imminent TOTAL loss of privacy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

Privacy and/or anonymity regarding the everyday person has been extinct for quite some time.

Cant lose what we did not already have.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
Privacy is dead , atleast in the EU:

www.evry.com...

New rules allow 3rd parties to ask for permission to view my transactions and how many funds are on my accounts.

They have to ask the consumer for persmission but we all know big companies don't really care about rules , if they break it they got legal teams to solve it.

What i got in my bank account is my business , everything has been legally obtained.

I use a bank account only because one is forced too, nowadays(part of that slavery). But at the morning my money arrives, i take it completely down and bring it home, where it is more secure than in the hands of banksters, as 0´s and 1´s on computers. I just leave my current monthly costs for rent, energy and the on me spying internet there. Not a cent more. In addition to that, i never ever will pay with any plastic card, like most of my fellow german citizens too. So they don´t make money with my money and let me pay for that fact. And they don´t know when i use how much what for. I don´t even want such a bankster account, but nowadays you need one, everybody demands a bankster account nowadays. "State", boss, whoever, it too sad, has nothing to do with freedom anymore!

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
And all the people who've purchased the new iPhone X, with the facial recognition, cannot even protect their phone/cloud data with a password, unless the facial recognition is disabled.

Anyone, cops or criminals, can now just restrain the person in some way, and open their phone, way too easily.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I just wish the Labor Department of the government would not hand out the private data to the corporations so they can price fix wages. Or use the data to have variable pricing for products and services to gouge the consumer for the most amount of money based ability to pay instead of setting pricing based on cost.

edit on 22-1-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

I saw this movie once where they cut a guys hand off and then used his fingers to get pass a biometric fingerprint security pad.

edit on 22-1-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Except in our 1984 nightmare we have a right wing government.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power." Benito Mussolini

Corporations ARE the government.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: intrptr

Except in our 1984 nightmare we have a right wing government.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power." Benito Mussolini

Corporations ARE the government.

Right left, only labels used to divide us against each other.

Point being this monitoring device that 'listens' is listening, all the time.

Future versions will include cameras and motion sensors, all paid for by the consumer, gleefully.
edit on 22-1-2018 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
a reply to: slider1982

True, but 'they' don't care about ordinary people, they can't keep tabs on everyone unless they're interested in them for some inaudible reasoning.
The way they keep tabs on everyone to an extent is they collect all the data they can from various sources on everybody, then "mine" the data. So whether you're a "person of interest" or not, your data is in the database and is being "mined", hence that's a form of keeping tabs on us. Google (etc) mines the data for the purpose of selling advertising and security agencies monitor the data for reasons like homeland security.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Privacy and/or anonymity regarding the everyday person has been extinct for quite some time.

Cant lose what we did not already have.

As far as I know, I can still walk home and feel like I have some kind of privacy. Sure, there are already cameras and microphones in some ways, but they are not specifically designed to merely spy on us. The informations they store is encrypted in a way to protect privacy to a certain extent.

Now, with the advent of new invasive technologies like Google home and God knows what, which doesn't try at all to hide the fact that complete home surveillance might become a thing real soon, and looking at how people seem to have already surrendered their right to privacy, we can easily tell a final blow is around the corner.

All hope is not lost though, It's not like it couldn't get worse, heh.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Good grief. Every time someone comes into the store all gungho about getting a Google Home setup, I have to bite my tongue to keep from asking them if they're really sure they want it.

Ditto for those that ask if I have one. The most I've said was "No, I like my privacy." The customer just laughed.

I'm not too keen on signing away my entire soul yet. At least not without a fight, heh.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

And we will lap it up like dogs, no need to microchip people, just products registered to people, same result really.

Combined with meta information and your actions really are recorded from cradle to grave.

There is no escape from a prison of your own making, nowhere to hide or to run, and even if you could escape the wish to do so simply is not there.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Big Brother loves subforums. Helps him categorize his childrens thoughts.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Its all about skills and education. Which a lot of countries like Zimbabwe never invested in, they might be keen, but if you cant put a worn out bearing in a machine, or make basic machine part on a lathe, you have just exited the modern world. Its an illusion to think that the cheap bearings and tools will keep coming from China, one day they wont. The practical skills are being neglected, schools have been conned into thinking that you don't need a Carpentry or machine shop on the curriculum, and all you need is computer skills and programing. Massive mistake... because if a society cant make basic things from the raw materials from the ground up, you have the illusion of real wealth. Mechanics just replace parts on a Just in time delivery system, they don't do the basics any more. South Africa going the same way, in fact they get to the point where they get re colonized, because they have nothing left to trade except the land they are living on. It ends up like that or just go back into the Bush and kiss the modern world goodbye what are the choices.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You all act like it could be any different. I'm here to tell you this is what collective human systems evolve into over time. Unless we're roaming the prairie in tribes we trend towards the beast.

Prepare your forehead for the mark because it's not far away.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

It's not only our smart phones.
Driving down the road in any major city - Police cars are being fitted with license plate scanners.
They can scan over 12000 license plates a day.
Time stamping where you were at that moment you drove by.
They can use this data to learn people's driving habits. Their favourite stores,their children's schools...etc
All that data is stored by the computer the scanner is connected to.
And that's just from driving down the road.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I don't think I agree.

I'm heading up the GDPR project for a major rail operator in the UK and data protection and privacy is becoming extremely robust.

With the fines for data breaches reaching 4% of global annual turnover I assure you the big corporate players will take everyone's privacy much more seriously.

And if you don't think the EU has the teeth to go after the big players they already have EU vs Google (albeit not for data breaches but when 4% is on the cards I assure you they will).

For the record I am an anti-EU leaning person so I am no way championing the EU way of legislating.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

The only thing Orwell got wrong is that the people would pay for the view screens and they would only be upset when somebody wasn't watching.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join