It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI ‘Failed To Preserve’ Five Months Of Text Messages Between Anti-Trump FBI Agents

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
At the rate this country is going, we'll be in a full blown version of hunger games in a decade.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

In any other crime are the text messages of the investigating officers relevant???

If I murder someone, is it a get out of jail free card if the investigation can not provide their personal text messages to the defense?!?!

Of course not..

If I break into a house do I get to call the investigating officers private text messages as evidence????

What if, while I am under arrest for either crime, I claim that it is all a set up.. these guys are out to get me????

Do I then have a right to the investigating officers personal text messages???

Of course not..

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
This would have to qualify as the most epic and convenient "accident" in the history of like forever. Right?

It's actually convenient for anyone indicted during the course of this investigation.

They are admitting the messages were deleted in violation of their normal policies/standards. There is also evidence that the evidence deleted may materially effect the outcome of those cases (because of other prejudiced texts that were preserved).

I don't see how this is favorable to Mueller and the FBI.

ETA: Sorry, I should have said I was thinking through the Brady Rule as I understand it.
edit on 1/21/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

And right on cue an anti trumper makes excuses for this corruption.

Every day they out themselves as the authoritarian cheerleaders for the deep state they really are.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The investigating officers are not required to be unbiased..

The judge and jury are required to be unbiased..

Bias by those investigating you only counts if they falsify evidence..

Obviously..

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hewhowaits
At the rate this country is going, we'll be in a full blown version of hunger games in a decade.

A decade would be a vastly optimistic prediction.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I can't imagine any scenario where everything they have isn't backed up with the backup residing in a completely different location.

Sounds very fishy to me.

Ya know trying to build and prosecute a criminal case based on circumstantial evidence is difficult however with whats going on here the circumstantial evidence, has weirdly and when taken all together, creates a solid case.

The more they try to hide the worse it is going to get for them and the fact Democrats are sticking to this game plan makes no sense. I cant believe all Democrats are involved in this yet they are putting their party, election chances, and this country at risk because Clinton lost and they dont like Trump.

I am curious whats in the soon to be released FISA memo and if it has any relation to these text messages.

Ron DeSantis
‏Verified account @RepDeSantis
3h3 hours ago

Ron DeSantis Retweeted Chuck Ross

FBI Director Wray needs to provide an explanation for why the FBI deleted six months’ worth of Strozk-Page text messages sent during the Trump transition and early months of the Trump presidency. Was evidence about the anti-Trump “insurance policy” deleted?

What would be really interesting to know is if those were the only deletions....as in do the have some from prior to that and some from after?

Also, are all of the ones deleted from the same block or was it multiple blocks that were deleted....basically, were these actually chosen or was it random? And was it ONLY these texts that were deleted or was there other info included as well?

Like I said...there is no scenario I can think of where this would occur, especially with the NSA. I have worked on government data centers quite a bit.....losing 6 months of data doesn't happen by accident.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Let's take the fbi at their word for a moment that this was just a mistake.

Ok so what other evidence was accidentally deleted?

As americans, we have been asked to give up our privacy rights in order to keep us safe.

If the agencies we have given those rights up for can't even keep text messages from less than a year ago, why should we continue to accept this trade off of our rights?

Clearly this is an admission that they are so incompetent that they are worthless and incapable of keeping anyone safe.

Therefore they should be disbanded, or at least the leadership massively overhauled.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It’s not an excuse it is a fact..

The cop investigating you is not required to be unbiased..

Period..

The judge and jury are required to be unbiased.

“The cop was out to get me” is only a “get out of jail free card” AFTER you prove they falsified evidence.. not after you prove they thought you did it from the start..

This is 101 stuff that everyone should recognize ..
edit on 21-1-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Must be nice having the last name of Clinton eh?

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

In any other crime are the text messages of the investigating officers relevant???

Of course it would be relevant if the investigating officers were involved with purposefully framing a innocent person.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Let's take the fbi at their word for a moment that this was just a mistake.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

If I murder someone, is it a get out of jail free card if the investigation can not provide their personal text messages to the defense?!?!

Of course not..

If I break into a house do I get to call the investigating officers private text messages as evidence????

What if, while I am under arrest for either crime, I claim that it is all a set up.. these guys are out to get me????

Of course not..

So....by deduction and your own post....why do you think these texts are oddly relevant in this case?

Must have something to do with the investigation.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Obviously..

If the defense in any of the indictments coming from the Mueller investigation build their cases around the argument that investigators were biased and the evidence that they need to prove their arguments has been destroyed in violation of FBI policies, AND they have other texts they can point to in support of their argument...

...yes, I think it could matter very much.

edit on 1/21/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

WHAT?!?!

So since the military had a ship sink they are worthless?!?!

So since a couple cops were running a drug ring are all the cops worthless??

If a hospital makes a mistake is the medical industry worthless??

The total lack of logic here is just breathtaking..

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Does everyone see how far these people are willing to go to defend corruption as long as their side is doing it?

You would have screamed the loudest of the agents investigating Hillary were discussing insurance policies to get her and how much they hated her, and then the fbi "accidentally" deleted text messages from those agents.

I also would have been outraged.

But go on, keep proudly admitting that the agents are biased against trump, and are deleting their text messages, and you are fine with that

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Of course not..

Of course not..

Under the laws in my state of MO if an investigating officer uses his personal cell phone / computer / pda / camera / cell phone camera etc for official business it can be subpoenaed as evidence.

Text messages are a bit different however if info about the investigation is exchanged via text it could be subpoenaed. Emails used in official business are subject to our sunshine laws and if you send case material via a persona email address the personal email account is covered and can be subpoenaed.

If you can establish an investigative reason to review text messages then yes (civilian or an officer). Now with that said if your place of employment provides you with a cell phone or pays the bills for the cell phone your kinda screwed. If I am not mistaken the text messages in this instance were from government issued phones.

Also, in this case, evidence led investigators in Congress to believe a conspiracy occurred (more than 2 people involved) and that evidence of that crime was contained in text messages by certain persons.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

If the leadership of the military can't save documents for 8 months, yes they are worthless and should be removed.

If the leadership of the police are sending text messages saying they hate people they are investigating and need msuramce policies against them, yes they are worthless.

If we are being asked to give up our rights so that the fbi can keep us safe, and there leadership instead chose to be biased against the person the people elected, and then delete evidence that could show that, then yes they are worthless and should be removed, and we should not give up our rights for such an incompetent and corrupt group.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Bias doesn’t matter.. it is irrelevant..

Destroying or falsifying evidence matters..

How the investigating officer felt about the accused is irrelevant.

So proving X or Y agent didn’t like trump is irrelevant.

So what evidence did they fabricate????

What evidence originated from them , for them to have fabricated it??

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Obviously..

Uhm you would be wrong. There is a huge difference between determined and biased. A biased investigator has the issue of missing information / evidence / suspects because they are only focused on one thing. If you are going to investigate in a biased manner find a new line of work since it doesnt serve the public interest.

The purpose of an investigating officer is to A - determine if a crime occurred and B- to rule people out as suspects as much as they are looking for the suspect.

Prosecutor and defense attorny's are supposed to be biased. Law Enforcement, contrary to tv and the lies of the msm, is not to work on behalf of the prosecutor. Prosecutor AND defense attorneys rely on law enforcement and we dont exclusively work for either side. With that said we deal mainly with the Prosecuting attorney however, based on personal experience, I have been called to testify in criminal trials on behalf of the defense.

Law Enforcement is supposed to find the truth, regardless of where that truth leads us.
edit on 21-1-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join