It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Kali

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
My friend. Anarcho pacifist moon-child with a beautiful mind and radiant, loving heart. I'm going to miss you so much

I was going to post in the other thread, but I wanted her to have a thread of her own. I'm sorry it took me so long

It would be lovely to remember her here in a thread that isn't about her illness. She brought so much to this place - ATS. I'll miss listening to her argue just as much as I will miss listening to her rationalize on behalf of her opponents :-)

The ancients who followed Tao: Dark, wondrous, profound, penetrating. Deep beyond knowing.
Because they cannot be known, They can only be described. Cautious, like crossing a winter stream. Hesitant, like respecting one's neighbours. Polite, like a guest.
Yielding, Like ice about to melt; Blank, like uncarved wood. Open, like a valley. Mixing freely, like muddy water.
Calm the muddy water, It becomes clear. Move the inert, It comes to life.?
Those who sustain Tao Do not wish to be full. Because they do not wish to be full They can fade away Without further effort.

I don't know what her favorite Dead song is, so I picked these because I like them

We both loved George - this song especially

And this song is for Kali from me - it's always made me think of her - even more so now. If I didn't know better I'd say she sent this to me the other night - it woke me up out of a sound sleep

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Pardon my ignorance, but did Kali pass on? I apologize for any insensitivity,but will say yes she will definitely be missed! I loved her engagement with oppositional stances and of course her general contributions. She was intelligent, witty and strong. She remained grounded when debating and seemed passionate about many things. As a member here, she was a real gem.
Could you link "other thread" please?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

I loved her engagement with oppositional stances and of course her general contributions. She was intelligent, witty and strong. She remained grounded when debating and seemed passionate about many things. As a member here, she was a real gem.

She was diagnosed with cancer last year and made it to last week. Your description is similar to how I saw her too.

Kali was always posting and managed to be a defined character as well as a respectable person. Lots of politics and not a lot of ad-homs or dogmatism. She was able to have an argument without blowing her stack.

There are ATSers on both sides of the political divide who can debate without hate, but they're not common. Individuals like Kali can be role-models for newer members. We need more and we've got one less.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'll miss arguing with her. I always thought of her as a good person worth arguing with. Not many in this world like her, and now one less.

RIP Kali.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

She's one of the few that I could tell was a genuine good person by their posts. I learned to respect her over the years. I never knew she was ill, this is rather difficult to grasp to be honest.

I enjoyed watching her fight for the better good of all things among the darkness we have been infested with. This place will never be the same without her.

Only our souls will know who we are, Kali, I will miss you, we used to know each other on here when I first started. This really sucks. I hope your friends and family handle this well, it can't be easy for them.

Best wishes on your next journey!

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JosephKnecht

I'm sorry I can't say much. This still hurts.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Goodbye Kali, ATS should have an honorary distinction for members like you. Unsung Hero.

edit on 21-1-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
One adventure has to end before the next can begin
This news hurts in more ways than a passing of someone I called friend....

Words fail me at this point.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
So sad to hear. I send love and strength to all of those who are hurting.
Please can someone remind me how to embed a song from YouTube. , so u can add to the beautiful tunes for the beautiful Kali.
Kali may you fly free forever more.
edit on 21-1-2018 by Cloudbuster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I had been praying for her(whether she wanted it or not).I will truly miss her.RIP Kali.
edit on 21-1-2018 by buckwhizzle because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Wait... what???

Rest in Paradise Kali.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I never knew Kali on a personal basis, but I was deeply touched after reading of her passing.

RIP You are free now.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Here's the announcement

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I remember when I hadn't logged on for a while, (maybe a couple of years or so) and the first thread I started reading was one in which Kali was engaged in a fierce debate! We were of the same mind on many - most issues, and she had apparently joined during my absence.

I remember thinking "WHO is this SMART and SASSY person?" lol!

I sent her a PM with the subject line "*fake* applause", and told her how much I was lovin' her posts on that thread. She wrote back and said something to the effect 'well, get in there with me then, and post'.

Sooo, I did, and it sort of got me back to posting again.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Thank you for making this thread. I wish I had an opportunity to really connect with Kali because I found her to be raw and relatable...special....beautiful...no-pretense. My deepest sympathy to her loved ones for their huge loss.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

My insides desperately ache with this news.

The world has lost yet another beam of light in this ugly dark pool we're all swimming in.

A fine warrior of humanity she was. She now joins Masqua, Blups, and Woody in the ATS halls of Valhalla... her sword and shield laid to rest among theirs, glistening for all eternity.

Farewell fine maiden.

Thank you for sharing your heart with us, you will not be forgotten in mine.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Sad to hear
I remember reading she was sick, I didnt know she passed away
A fine lady
RIP Kali

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

When she first got news of the cancer I remember reading her post as a smoker, I actually quit the day after her post, that was the motivation I needed and I will never pick up another cancer stick again. I have her in part to thank and I will always remember her story as the catalyst that gave me enough strength to stop.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Goodbye Kali, ATS should have an honorary distinction for members like you. Unsung Hero.

Maybe an ATS Memorial Thread?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join