It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US quietly invades Syria.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson vowed the U.S. military will stay in war-torn Syria for the foreseeable future to counter Islamic State, al-Qaeda and Iran, even as he urged patience in waiting out Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

The times

So the USA has moved into to a sovereign territory without invitation.

Sounds like what Russia did with Crimea......
Move in secretly with a army and then break a section of territory away from that sovereign nation.

What rights has the USA to be here?
Why is it the USA there?

Why the hell is it a problem if Iran is there as Iran was INVITED to be there by Syria?

So its ok for the USA to move in UNINVITED and set up bases but its wrong if Iran is INVITED and sets up bases?

Assad poses no threat to the USA . USA are tresspassing AGAIN in a middle eastern nation.

Its imperialism , pure and simple.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Theprodicalson

Turkey invading is going to draw in the Iranians to protect Assad................... Bingo USA is there to chop the head off the snake. It's all about Iran, or at least that's the only conclusion I got to today as I'm stumped what's going on out there. All the big players getting their bit of the Middle East. It's all reminiscent of the scramble for Africa back in the day

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Turkey invading is going to draw in the Iranians to protect Assad................... Bingo USA is there to chop the head off the snake. It's all about Iran, or at least that's the only conclusion I got to today as I'm stumped what's going on out there. All the big players getting their bit of the Middle East. It's all reminiscent of the scramble for Africa back in the day

And the USA dares to point fingers at Britain for its empire....... hypocrites.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

But human rights??? Right??

Seriously, the US has no reason whatsoever to be involved in Syria. I think what we have found out is that the US is arming the "rebels" who in reality seem to be IS, or at least fighting on the side of IS.

It's confusing to me...the only thing that is consistent with US Middle East policy is that we seem to want, long for, and fight hard to maintain the instability and conflict there. Ask yourselves people, does that "Make America Great?"

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Here we go for the umpteenth time.

sigh

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The actual announcement is that the U.S. will stay in Syria. He thinks they were there already, not invading now.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
How can the US invade Syria when they are already there?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
How can the US invade Syria when they are already there?

Which means a invasion happened quietly.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theprodicalson
Why is it the USA there?

The Word of God states that Damascus will be reduced to a ruinous heap.

Lo-and-behold, the Worlds' globalists, the false Prophet Pope and the Military Industrial Complex loves the idea of a major war in the middle-east.

They are either All insane for believing a Book of Lies or the devil is pulling them all down to hell. Either way, Biblical events are set to happen as Israel is set to be surrounded by their enemies.

With Trump moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem, the 7 Year Tribulation is very close now. When that starts, well, lets just say that we are in paradise right now compared to those years.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
when did the US dare to point the finger? You know historically speaking, we are still catching up to the British empire. How many non us states have American presidents on their currency? Britiannia's queen is all over the worlds money n nearly ever continent.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Sounds like what Russia did with Crimea......

Only if the US troops annex a large part of Syria, which they are not going to do. Therefore nothing like Crimea. Nice try.

A small number of US personnel have operated in Syria for sometime. It ain't news. Killing off ISIS to protect Iraq. Many nations have deployed air-power to that end. Almost certainly unwittingly done Assad a favour.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well being as the US has had bases in Syria since 2016 I would have thought it would have been a slow invasion.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

Why is it the USA there?

Curious. This is found where, exactly?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I wonder how team Trump feels about this....

another win, surely

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

That already happened in 2011. Just because it isnt troops with "UNITED STATES" patches all over their uniforms doesnt make it any less so.

Just because their patches said AL QAEDA on them didn't mean they werent there at "our" behest. You can thank the "Deep State" + Hillary + Obama + NATO + Saudi Arabia + McCain + Israel _ Jordan + UAE for that TRAITOROUS turn of events.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

How many times across the human story should we be looking forward to that?

OR at which point in history that its happened before should we accredit thems words?

Maybe to really live up to the "Word of God" we should blow it up and then rebuild it to blow it up again every 12 years like a stigmata theme park.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
***SNIP*** It's not as if the US (or any other country, really) needs your permission to engage on geopolitics. Get over yourselves. You're not in charge.
edit on 1/21/2018 by Blaine91555 because: Snipped poltical name calling not allowed outside of the Mud Pit

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Hear! Hear!
Rainbows

Jane

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Is Iran not the "Jewel In The Crown" for the US? I agree with you

Rainbows
Jane