It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Primitive Technology- learn some skills

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I may be a little late to the party on this one.
Some of you probably have already heard of this guy.

But skimming around on YouTube a video showed up that caught my interest.

It said "primitive technology- mud bricks"
So I start watching it.

This bare footed and shirtless dude, makes himself a stone axe, chops down a tree and then chops a couple logs off his conquest.
He takes a flat stone, Then makes a log splitter and starts to create a jig out of the split logs.

He takes some water, makes some mud then adds some little sticks as reinforcement and starts making mud pies.
The mud is placed into his jig to create a brick like form then laid to dry.
Then he builds a kiln out of the bricks, complete with mud shingles.

I looked further and this guy is some survivalist judging by his videos.
All sorts of how tos on using just natures surroundings.

If your the outdoors type that likes to go out alone for days at a time, I suggest you take a look at this guys videos. Perhaps you could learn a new survival trick.

Or if your just interested is seeing a dude build stuff in nature take a peek brows at his channel.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I love the videos of this guy. Was really happy when he started at a new location, some weeks ago.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Primitive? How about 'basic'?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Ya he has some pretty neat stuff on video.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
if we get to this point where your talking about survival, it's not going to be some dude having the luxury of "going home" after a "few days" or a "few weeks".....it's going to be a life of avoiding death, and/or causing death.....I'll take a "military survival book" anytime over a video.....no battery or electrical plugs needed

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

That's fine if you are young and strong, but for us oldtimers isn't there an easier way of making the brick mold, such as laying rocks in such a way so as to form the mud brick?
edit on 01CST11America/Chicago030111131 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I've built a shelter sufficient to protect me from the elements from branches, palmetto fronds, some hay bailing cord, and mud.
I cheated a bit. I had a steel hatchet and a zippo to make fire.
Pine needles for bedding.
It was surprisingly comfortable.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Ya, a military survival book would be good to have when it hits the fan.

But in the meantime if you want to see some dude build some cool things for the hell of it.
Take a look at his channel.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Oh probably.
Or even just tying sticks together would work, I'm assuming.

I just like the fact that this guy doesn't use anything outside of what nature provides.
Makes ya think how our ancestors learnt this stuff to begin with.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think it's always important to study the indigenous people of any area.

One can learn a lot.

Here in the Cape of South Africa one can learn a lot from the Khoisan people, and even just the biography of Ishi (the last Yahi - "wild Indian" in the US) would be of great interest along the Western Coast of the USA.
edit on 21-1-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
ha my favorite channel been watching for a few years.

it's zen like just watching.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

That's what I was thinking.
And the beauty of it, is that most of this stuff is so simple. You watch it once and you will remember it forever.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Would love to see him do a cold weather environment...or maybe a series where he is on the move all the time.

He displays genius and combines high tech knowledge with basic nature...he McGyvers everything together.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Christ, I wouldn't want to be doing all that hammering and chopping around my feet with no shoes on!

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yes this guy is awesome! I did a thread on him and some of his other techniques. No tools in some cases and yes there is a zen element, a oneness between individual and setting.
Cool stuff

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Cool stuff,my friend showed me this video a year ago. Interesting but also time consuming,personally I would rather built a tiny hut in a tree,I would feel safer off the ground than on it. I also have some experience building tree huts,me and a friend build one as children in a backyard tree that was comfortable enough to sleep in and could hold both of our weight at the same time.

If SHTF I don't plan on staying in any one area for long,unless I were somehow able to find an area that is more safe than others,in which case I would try to find a strong tree with many branches. (easier to build apon)
I would then take up as much space as the tree could support,cover any housing I made with moss all over to partly disguise it but also for additional warmth as well as rain protection.

Trees are great safe places and Imo underrated for make shift house/hut making. Obviously you don't want it to be too high off the ground or you will seriously injure yourself or worse if you fall. You don't want it to be too low to the ground either,I think about 7-8 feet off the ground would be ideal. Low enough for me to jump up and grab a branch to pull myself up.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Christ, I wouldn't want to be doing all that hammering and chopping around my feet with no shoes on!

That, I'd break my toes.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Watching videos like this should be a school thing , a 101 for the kids to do to prepare like we did when i was young
now kids of today do not know how to tune a radio or use a tape measure or where milk comes from !

going to watch that later

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The old FIREFOX books have a lot of the old ways of doing stuff,Well worth a look.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I sub this guy, he certainly does some cool stuff and very useful knowledge.

Reading your OP, you're spot on with the information, but a critical element worth mentioning is the style and formate of his videos.

There isn't any robot voices, no crazy and wacked out music and/or jingles, just him, camera, the viewers and Nature. Quiet and serene, its tranquil. I really love that aspect of it, really brings you into the moment.

Loved the crawfish one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join