It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girls are STICKY!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Mine must be outliers then, everything's usually mud or dirt-caked. You know that old joke about boys with pockets full of worms? Younger daughter pwns 'em. Older daughter, not so much a worm digger-upper as she is just a general dirt magnet outside. And inside the house, too. Not sure how the hell this is managed o.O

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Hey, shake those little girls hands for me, would ya??

Tell 'em they're rare. Keep 'em that way!

Don't let 'em get sticky and cinnamon-y.

LOL

P.S. Tell 'em there's an old cowboy off in some distant outpost who's rootin' for 'em!

edit on 1/21/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: fiverx313

Well, now you've made a sticky situation even more sticky.

i feel like i've learned things i never wanted to know and am still not quite sure what they are :/

at any rate, my husband's the one that drips coffee everywhere. i'm totally innocent on that one.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Nyiah

Hey, shake those little girls hands for me, would ya??

Tell 'em they're rare. Keep 'em that way!

Don't let 'em get sticky and cinnamon-y.

LOL

LOL, oh the younger one knows she's an odd duck, as prissy lace-and-roses & Pink Everything girly as she actually is, but not entirely for the dirt-lovin' reasons. Kid's got her sights set on a career in paleontology, this kid is all dinos, all the time and the more obscure they are, the better. If she's not getting filthy digging up worms, she's getting filthy looking for rocks to add to her geology collection, or good candidates to crack open in search of fossils (another can of Messy there)

The running joke from the neighbors is she's going to be the only known paleontologist out in the field in a very dirty ball gown XD

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   

So...you really are a cinnamon girl, aren't you???

LOL....you all are!!

I knew it!

See? I sometimes wonder if it's even a conscious thing! Perhaps just a natural progression.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Coffee is not by itself sticky. Proving the OP's point...and being a gurrrl.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Ed Zachary!

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

OP specifically cited the spread of coffee drippings AND their stickiness as an example.

and if we're being pedantic i am compelled to point out that cinnamon is not in itself sticky, either. it's the sugar that makes it sticky.

are you all drunk? because alcohol can be VERY sticky. be careful!

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Actually, my wife won't drink coffee unless it has both sugar and sticky cream in it...so coffee is sticky! I don't drink it. I love coffee, but I can't drink caffeine (heart issues). So, I know it's not me!

Oh, and regarding cinnamon...no, it is not sticky in and of itself, however, it is rarely used in dishes which don't have some sticky substance in them (sticky buns, etc). So...it's inherently "sticky" by default!

And drinking? Well, LOL, no.

edit...oh, and no, alcohol is not sticky unless it's liqueur like schnapps. It's actually the additives (mixers, et al)...further to your point about coffee.

edit on 1/21/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Bumping boots in a Texas summer...it gets sticky.
I love that smell.
Hay, cattle, and the sweet sticky musk of ol' what's her name with whiskey breath.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

You're a girl??

we live and learn. hehe

Coffee.. See, I live in the land where we use instant coffee. Oh I have beans, I first got my fingers burnt on real coffee years ago - I got a free sample when I was scamming all those free samples from one of those free sample websites that collates free samples of samples to sample.

It was a small bag, and I had no idea what to do with them.. so I sat out the back, and I smashed them with a hammer under a plastic cover, and made myself giddy from the aroma. I then looked into how best to use said macerated deep dark powder, and came upon the recipe of making Turkish style coffee.

Into the milk boiler it went, myself not having an ibrik, and added enough sugar to suit the details listed - sweet as heaven, dark as hell. I added the water, and briefly stirred.

I then put it onto the flame, and watched.. it is true, a watched pot never boils.. but I persisted, and before long the describe foam appeared, and just as the turgent foam started to encroach the lips of the boiler, I removed it from the heat. Scooped some foam into the cup, and poured 1 third into it, and returned it to the flame, to repeat twice more.

I left as much of the coffee soil as I could, knowing there was enough in the cup to give me shivers.

With the recipe in view, I collected a cold class of water, and sat with my brew, taking a sip. It was HEAVEN. after each sip I refreshed my palette with the water, and renewed the flavour. Oh My God !! in no time I had imbibed this devilishly narcotic brew and thought "Crikey, this is the wolfs woof!" and wondered why I'd never ever tasted coffee in it's true form, ever before.

But yeah, we normally use instant. first thing of the day, it's too much of a chore to entertain such a ritual, even with a real and legitimate hand worked turkish coffee grinder (takes 30-45 minutes to grind a cup, but the felt powder it creates is like powdered sugar) so bung in a teaspoon or 5 of instant, and off you go. don't hate me.

and as you take your cup of java away, you notice the specs of instant that remained from the spoon that spilled.

It is sticky as heck... sticks to the counter, the cloth, your fingers..

I think that's what I was intending to say in 2 lines, but sundays betray my abilities at times..

(I need one of those now, but it would curdle since my break from sobriety booo)

edit on 21-1-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I HATE STICKY!
I have 2 older daughters and a son. All three messed in dirt when they were younger.
The boy....well he's the sticky one in our family.....must be the reverse over this side of The Pond

Love the thread S&F

Rainbows (the non-sticky variety)
Jane

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Of course they're sticky. They're made of sugar and spice and everything nice.

How is your wife, by the way? I remember seeing a thread a while ago saying that she's ill. Is she better?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

edit on 21.1.2018 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

So...you really are a cinnamon girl, aren't you???

LOL....you all are!!

I knew it!

See? I sometimes wonder if it's even a conscious thing! Perhaps just a natural progression.

i do love a sticky woman

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

If the girls is sticky, and you love the girls, perhaps the question is why you no love sticky!?!?

ETA: Having only boys, I can attest that the stickiness isn't regulated to only the girls.

Yep, one boy here. Plenty of dirt and plenty of stick and the best ... STICKY DIRT!

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
LOL reminds me of a comment from the dad of my youngest daughter's bestie,when she and bestie were around 8yo: "Little girls sweat out glitter glue"

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Hee, my sister's three hooligans are pretty well all sticky ... well not the oldest boy. He's in high school and has discovered the joys of girls which means the importance of hygiene and appearance.

But before that, they never met a sweet anything they passed up and that meant tons of sticky!

Mine doesn't have as much opportunity. We don't keep candy or soda in the house. If he's getting sweet, it's because I baked something, but he manages to get that all over.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Yeah, they totally are. This one time- oh... OH...

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Girl here, and I must say I am not sticky
I hate sticky. But I've always been a tom-boy kind of girl so who knows. I even hate hand cream.
In our house I'm the one always wiping the counters after my man who somehow with a simple coffee can mess half of the kitchen. God help me if he decided to serve dinner...

As for the cinnamon, oh well...
Every time I open the spices counter and see the cinnamon jar I have to take a sniff. I can get high on cinnamon. Is the most wonderful smell in the world...

edit on 21-1-2018 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join