It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government shutdown

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Apparently-I wasn't there- the vote went along party lines, 50-49.

The Alabama gambit worked removing a Republican Senator with a brilliantly timed attack on the front runner.

McCain no shows...entirely predictable. Entirely predictable by the Republican senators, as well. I propose the lockstep vote by the Republicans is entirely due to the fact the numbers were already calculated and they knew they'd lose.

That machination follows in a virtual copy of the multiple Republican votes to cancel the ACA also knowing full well those 'votes' were meaningless, as well.

I have maintained there was 'overlap' between the Republican Establishment's interests and President Trump's. The two obvious examples are Judicial nominations and the Tax cuts.

Not so with immigration reform, the wall and all things related to a continued flow of cheap labor following corporate interests. The Democrats' motivations are obvious and need no further clarification.

So the usual rhetoric spews out. The Republican blame the Dems and the Dems blame Trump. While there likely is an overlap between the 'deep state' and this fight, it is not necessarily the same.

Now it's down to the two parties and Trump. The real surface fight begins.

The grassroots and Trump versus both parties and TPTB. Many fights on many levels, but this one is equally critical, IMO. Borders, protection from cheap labor, criminals and terrorists.

IMO. those that diss Trump are playing as advocates for TPTB as, like it or not, Trump is our champion and there's no time for a replacement, and are the adversaries of a secure, flourishing nation.

Fights on. I'm ready.....

P.S. Seeing there already is a fight with the 'deep state'. Let's call this the shallow state fight. It seems close enough to an accurate description.
edit on 20-1-2018 by nwtrucker because: Post Script.

edit on 20-1-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Atomic Batteries to Power! Check

Turbines to speed!

Go!

P

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The shutdown won’t affect the politicians responsible for it members of Congress, after all, keep getting paid when the government shuts down.
That means that Congress may continue to disrupt the lives of military families,and low-wage workers.
All in the name of American politics.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Jones in Alabama actually voted "Yes"

The Irony of it all !!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Jones in Alabama actually voted "Yes"

The Irony of it all !!

That I didn't know!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

time.com...

Kelli Ward

A candidate challenging Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake for his seat said Thursday that she hopes John McCain — the state’s senior U.S. Senator who has been diagnosed with brain cancer — will “step away as quickly as possible.”

Maybe we all should do some research on Kelli Ward and support her run just to get McCain out of there.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Atomic Batteries to Power! Check

Turbines to speed!

Go!

P

I'd forgotten how inspiring that was

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Ward looks very promising, I'm totally in support of her.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It was quite obvious why the government put on a show by shutting down. They are keeping eyes away from the genocide the Turks are about to attempt in Afrin Canton of Kurdish Controlled Syria. I am documenting it to my best, but as is typical, people will ignore it for theater instead, just like Mosul, Aleppo, Raqqa, etc.. etc..

link   
bread and circuses

link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: 3daysgone

Ward looks very promising, I'm totally in support of her.

Get her name out there every time you get the chance.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

There's so much going on, that a 'shut down' very much seems a deliberate distraction.

Yet the issue IS important. It requires continued pressure from the citizens otherwise we will lose.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Senator John McCain BARELY made it back to D.C. for the last vote. His illness is making him very frail. That being said, he also may be feeling heat from the latest revelations.

Now John McCain has just been revealed as the inside man in a massive conspiracy against Trump.

Source: renewedright.com...

Based on how McCain killed ObamaCare Repeal by voting "NO" , even though he was staunchly against ObamaCare, the above story of him working with those trying to sabotage President Trump is totally believable. But, Trump did say in 2015 that McCain wasn't a REAL war hero.

Bottom Line: It's obvious that John McCain put personal payback and vengence ahead of Country, in 2017.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It all makes sense. There's a fair amount out there that McCain was a fraud and a traitor while imprisoned.

Truth can have consequences. McCain's revenge is more than enough proof he has no concern for the nation. His legacy is forfeit.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Senator John McCain BARELY made it back to D.C. for the last vote. His illness is making him very frail. That being said, he also may be feeling heat from the latest revelations.

Now John McCain has just been revealed as the inside man in a massive conspiracy against Trump.

Source: renewedright.com...

Based on how McCain killed ObamaCare Repeal by voting "NO" , even though he was staunchly against ObamaCare, the above story of him working with those trying to sabotage President Trump is totally believable. But, Trump did say in 2015 that McCain wasn't a REAL war hero.

Bottom Line: It's obvious that John McCain put personal payback and vengence ahead of Country, in 2017.

Looks like Trump was right about him.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Or it may be that the experiences of his own illnesses and his family's reactions to it and the financial aspects of it have changed his mind about how people access health care and just how inequal it is. He may have talked to fellow war veterans who are getting far worse medical treatment than he gets.

And maybe he thought that he shouldn't be the exception... but that others should have the benefits he has.

I don't know, but sometimes a life-changing catastrophe causes a person to see what others may be experiencing.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You geniuses know that it takes 60 votes to pass this, right? McCain and your 50 mean absolutely nothing. Additionally, the 50-49 vote or whatever the final tally was, was for just a 3-4 week extension, kicking the can briefly down the road.

The whole sinister conspiracy theory set out in the OP and picked up by several here is an absurd reach. The whole issue has been set out right before everyone for over 2 weeks.

Democrats have absolutely no reason to trust McConnell at all, McConnell has lied to them, imposed purely partisan legislation with just hours between final writing of a bill and passing it with pages "X"d out, and handwriting on the side. McConnell has lost all credibility.

Trump vows to do whatever as told to him last.

Trump agreed that he was "going to sign the bipartisan agreement arranged by Graham-Durbin who crafted a compromise that gave Trump damn near all he wanted on border security and the military. Trump had already agreed that these people brought over as children, through no fault of theirs were - in Trump's own words "Americans who need protection."

Graham and Durbin took the agreement in to Trump. Trump's chief of staff Kelly and idiot uneducated racist Steve Miller had told Trump that Trump's base won't like caving on DACA and thus DACA shouldn't be part of the deal. Trump, throws out his promise, talks about #holes, thoroughly infuriates Graham and several other Repubicans who only agreed to vote for an extension, not a budget.

The vote takes 60 Senators. The Republicans have always known they'd need to compromise. Up to a week ago, they'd all agreed to do DACA now. Dems gave them what Repubs wanted.

Trump won't keep his word, and McConnell will do anything to back whatever the hell Trump's newest position, even though he doesn't know it.

Dems offered funding to keep the military going in a stand alone bill for the military, McConnell objected. He wants the military to stay defunded.

All Republicans have to do to stop the shutdown is simply sign off on DACA, that's it, in total, they have said they want it, when push comes to shove they refuse, promise down the road, lie. The only issue is brown people from elsewhere being treated fairly, and that's too much to ask of these Repubs.

Graham might never trust Trump again, which is a problem for Repubs with a 2 vote majority.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Or it may be

He may have talked to

And maybe

I don't know, but

The last line sums it up nicely.

He is a toss pot.

P

<<   2  3 >>

join