It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flash that MIGHT be a Meteor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Flash that CNN claim and other claim is only meteor.

www.youtube.com...

IT is indeed possible that flash and the streak through the sky is a Meteor. BUT shouldn't the flash be at the point of impact. The first view shows it flashing above the ground.

IF I was to GUESS I guess that it was shot down UFO and it exploded before impact. BUT guessing beyond that is pointless.

Noppie
www.angrydogpress.com

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Noppie

"Shouldn't the flash be at the point of impact?"

No, it's common for meteors to take on a really bright glow as they descend through the atmosphere. Due to the high velocity of the object, friction with gas molecules and dust in the atmosphere heats 'em up super fast.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
iirc...at a critcal point, meteors typically explode...before impact when they enter Earth's atmosphere due to masssive friction/heat.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

You are just believing the hype of what the superstitious tubers are saying.

It is a kind of mass hysteria when everyone feeds the collective illusion.

All those tubers there are experiencing the same illusion. They explain it as God making war, UFOs, missiles, wars between aliens, anything EXCEPT what it truly is... A METEOR.

Sergeant Revolution9 says pull yourself together, Soldier. It's just a meteor doing its thing. It looks like it is close, but really these space rocks explode way up in the atmmosphere where the fire force foield is that God put there to protect us.

May be Wormwood will come one day, but this is just business as usual. They are glorified shooting stars, that is all.

I bet you will still not believe it though. People like illusions motre than reality these days. For me that is more concerning than a meteor. They'll be anybody's fool for a few movie effects or subliminal programming. That is why it is important to not fall for the hype. We'll end up in a dark age like this, that is if we ever left it in the first place.

edit on 20-1-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Meteor probably around the size of a car breaking up and exploding in the air.
most likely several miles up the frictional heating they experience heats them
to insane temperatures very quickly at those speeds so they can get very bright.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: KenTodd

essentially, meteors impact denser and denser layers of atmosphere until they cant take it and break up.
so sure its an impact...

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK

Be much smaller than a car. Maybe football size at most. Most shooting star type are dust grains but at the speed they are going still pack a punch.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Meteorite hunters say they have found fragments from the Michigan meteor on fresh ice.

The team of Larry Atkins, Robert Ward and Darryl Landry made the finds on an isolated Michigan lake — they declined disclosing the exact location so as not to draw unwanted attention to the lake and its residents. In an interview with Space.com, Atkins said he plans on continuing the hunt for at least the next week.

The first find happened around 9 a.m. EST (1300 GMT), and Atkins discovered a second one himself just 15 minutes later. "It looked like a perfect black charcoal briquette, with a little snowdrift on top," Atkins told Space.com Thursday. Based on his two decades of experience hunting meteorites — fragments of rocks that remain after some space-rock fireballs break up in the atmosphere — he said there was no question it was from space. The rock showed up clearly on the fresh ice, although from a distance Atkins did question whether it was a small pile of leaves.
www.space.com...

edit on 21-1-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Meteorite hunters say they have found fragments from the Michigan meteor on fresh ice.

The team of Larry Atkins, Robert Ward and Darryl Landry made the finds on an isolated Michigan lake — they declined disclosing the exact location so as not to draw unwanted attention to the lake and its residents. In an interview with Space.com, Atkins said he plans on continuing the hunt for at least the next week.

The first find happened around 9 a.m. EST (1300 GMT), and Atkins discovered a second one himself just 15 minutes later. "It looked like a perfect black charcoal briquette, with a little snowdrift on top," Atkins told Space.com Thursday. Based on his two decades of experience hunting meteorites — fragments of rocks that remain after some space-rock fireballs break up in the atmosphere — he said there was no question it was from space. The rock showed up clearly on the fresh ice, although from a distance Atkins did question whether it was a small pile of leaves.
www.space.com...

So advanced that........... they make their interstellar (or "gravity defying" depending on your POV) craft out of........ STONE

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

IF I was to GUESS I guess that it was shot down UFO and it exploded before impact.

Why would you "guess" that and not a meteor?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Small meteors will normally do one of two things:

1) Really small ones the size of pebbles or cars will come into the atmosphere getting brighter as they go from the very thin exosphere to deeper into the atmosphere where they get a LOT hotter. They are too small to reach the ground and end up literally burning up, so they dim and fizzle. Like this image here shows:

2) Bigger meteors, say as big as your house or a little bit bigger, will do the same thing at first, go from dim to bright for the same reason. However they rarely make it to the ground (you need meteors that are about 1/4 of a kilometer or bigger for that), but tend to explode, because they get so hot inside that material, like frozen gasses will flash, causing an explosion due to the pressure. They look like this:

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It's always good to remember that some flashes are the starting pistol for ufo encounters. Rare but real

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
What about the second “flash in the sky” that happened the very next night? This was also seen in Indiana. I’m 70 miles south east of Indy and saw it. There was several reports and local police witnessed and reported also. I haven’t heard anything else about it. This didn’t get the media attention like the meteorite from the night before. The link below is from a small news outlet that reported it, if anyone is interested..

www.wthr.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This just happened last night, in central Scotland.
Anyone else there who saw it?

The first flash flicked the lights in the house and a white flash filled the whole of the sky I could see through the window. About four or five seconds later, the street lights go out completely and a blue light fills the whole visible sky for around two seconds.

Nothing since and nothing mentioned on the news or social media that I can find. My wife was with me and saw the same thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
There are apparently sky flashes that have nothing to do with meteors, but rather high-energy discharges in the upper atmosphere that reflect off clouds and create a moment of brightness.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: hunterTheory
What about the second “flash in the sky” that happened the very next night? This was also seen in Indiana. I’m 70 miles south east of Indy and saw it. There was several reports and local police witnessed and reported also. I haven’t heard anything else about it. This didn’t get the media attention like the meteorite from the night before. The link below is from a small news outlet that reported it, if anyone is interested..

www.wthr.com...

It's not unusual to have two fireballs in one night. There are likely hundreds of fireballs all around the world in any given 24 hr period. They tend to be random in nature, but sometimes they can be shower members. If you have a time for the event, try searching The International Meteor Organization's fireball report database.

Or, it could be something else like a transformer blowing. They can be seen for tens of miles, and will light up the clouds/sky in a similar way to a large fireball.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
This just happened last night, in central Scotland.
Anyone else there who saw it?

The first flash flicked the lights in the house and a white flash filled the whole of the sky I could see through the window. About four or five seconds later, the street lights go out completely and a blue light fills the whole visible sky for around two seconds.

Nothing since and nothing mentioned on the news or social media that I can find. My wife was with me and saw the same thing.

This fits the description of a transformer failure to a T.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The one over Michigan blew about 20 miles up and was about 6 feet in diameter. All over the news here

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FireballStorm

I was thinking along these line. I am wondering why there has been no report of this in the local newspaper and why, to the best of my knowledge, no homes or businesses lost power. I have been asking around but no one seems to have a clue. Having read about this phenomenon and seen the vids on YouTube, it was quite unnerving and exciting to see one for the first time.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

It was probably one of the smaller transformers that you sometimes see on wooden poles, which can still put on quite a show, and perhaps only leave a few houses without power. Not really news worthy I guess.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join