It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrrghhh Post Office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
tuesday, i was expecting two packages from two different vendors. the tracking info for both of them says they were left in my mailbox.

they were not.

seems like it should be a simple matter, right? either they were wrongly delivered or they got lost in the shuffle in the truck and someone marked them delivered so they wouldn't have to look for them. a quick phone call could clear this up, maybe?

except my local post office only has one local phone number. nobody answers it. and if i went to wait in line for half an hour, they'd have me fill out some version of the same form i can fill out on the website. so i go through the bureaucratic clusterfudge of filling out forms on their website... one of which i can't even submit yet because it hasn't been 7 days since the package was mailed.

i expect the end result of this to be absolutely nothing, and i'll have to make claims with each of the two vendors and have them send replacement shipments.

hopefully those will actually get to me....

generally i think the post office does an okay job, but whenever there's a problem they're pretty crap at resolving it. they just do not care where your packages might have ended up. not their problem any more!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
And Americans want this same inconvenience for there healthcare?? No thank you, although we’re forced into it, thanks Obummer!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

I don't prefer to think the worst but, could they have been stolen?
The weeks before Christmas here locally there were several folks going house to house taking packages from mailboxes and front porches.
Good luck resolving your dilemma.
Phooey on 'red tape'!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

can you file something with the vendor?
I know Amazon does that for their customers.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I had a problem with no mail being delivered for several days. Filled out the "form" online that you mentioned. Got an email back the next day saying they were looking in to it.

Then.......radio silence for a week.

And then yesterday I got an email asking for feedback on my "experience" with having my issue resolved.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
And Americans want this same inconvenience for there healthcare?? No thank you, although we’re forced into it, thanks Obummer!

this is not a thread about how much you hate obama, but thanks for stopping by.

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
I don't prefer to think the worst but, could they have been stolen?

i think that's less likely, since they were (supposedly) left in my mailbox, which locks. fortunately haven't had much of a problem with package theft, here.

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
can you file something with the vendor?
I know Amazon does that for their customers.

that's probably what i'll end up doing... just waiting for the mandatory waiting period before they let you do that bit...

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Then.......radio silence for a week.

And then yesterday I got an email asking for feedback on my "experience" with having my issue resolved.

that's pretty much what i expect.... lol

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You did right contacting the vendor. That's all you have to do. The problem is between the vendor and the post office. It happened to me one time with Amazon. They investigated and told the vendor. Messages were posted showing the problem and I had a replacement for the missing item at no charge. No vendor wants bad reviews.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hi,

I hope your delivery issues resolve.

(just sharing some USPS issues)
I’ve had situations where both the online vendor and USPS gave me the runaround with other delivery issues. When I emailed USPS on their website, a few times US Postal Consumer Affairs (USPSCA) had started an investigation and then contacted me with their findings and told me to submit their findings with my refund requests. For me, USPSCA was the most helpful. I don't know how to contact USPSCA; they contact me, per case that they need to.

Maybe off topic? But, some of the delivery issue that happened to me and people I know:

The seller puts the correct zipcode, but wrong name & address on my package. This resulted in tracking showing the package repeatedly going back & forth from the local USPS distribution center to my local PO. The sellers would say– well, it’s at your PO (even thought it’d been going back & forth as described).
USPS would say tracking showed it was out for delivery (two different days), so they would talk to my delivery person and that I should talk to them, too. Another case, it showed as Delivered, but I received nothing. Neither the local USPS office or the carrier had any idea what was going on. My carrier had seen no packages with my name on it. This went on for over 3 months and have been told this is just one of the scams that some sellers do.

After emailing USPS’ website a few times about this, USPSCA stepped in contacted me, opened an investigation and discovered the sellers put the correct zipcode only, but wrong name & address. The incorrect name reinforced that I couldn’t retrieve the package. Because USPSCA stepped in, I was able to get my refunds.

Another time, rather than send the package, the vendor only sent an envelope, which was very odd, as the item is much larger than an envelope; it required a large box. Tracking noted it as Delivered. Upon contacting the vendor said it was delivered, stop trying to scam and ceased communication. If this happens and you know should be a box & not an envelope, an idea is to not open the envelope… yet. Instead, uncut video record… state the date, time, the envelope, address, etc. and your first opening of this envelope to show what is inside (a folded blank paper was). This helps to provide evidence that you really didn’t get your box, etc. and were scammed, when you apply for your refund.
This proved to make a very solid case.

Maybe some of that information will be helpful.

top topics

join