It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could be the 'God of the Simulation' would you do it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
There's been talk of this reality possibly being a Simulation.

As we know one of the problems of religious dogma is how do we see the concept of a god. Is "God" all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-present?

If so, then we have the "Problem of Evil". In metaphysics and philosophy this is called Theodicy. This is a term coined by Liebnitz.

At any rate the problem of being the 'god of the simulation' is how much do you interfere in the simulation?

Another problem is would you rather be in the simulation where there is a vast array of options for interesting things, or would you rather be the creator and 'just observe'. Ultimately, given enough time, that could be boring.

Finally, on what conditions would you interfere and would you have conditions to end the simulation?

Hope this is of interests...discuss.

A couple Links:
The Problem of Evil

The Problem of Evil Youtube:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I get bored maybe if I could turn it off for a while.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

Another problem is would you rather be in the simulation where there is a vast array of options for interesting things, or would you rather be the creator and 'just observe'. Ultimately, given enough time, that could be boring.

It would be up to the god of this simulation. He could enter the simulation, or not. Time would not be a problem as "god" would not exist in the boundary of it, unless he wanted to.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If I was the god of a simulation, I would create different tribes with different languages and cultures.
I would have them each be influenced by different religions.

Then I would sit back over thousands of years and watch them gain power and destroy each other.

Me and my god buddies would make bets to see who wins.
Every now and then, one of us would "cheat" and send in "space ships" or a "messiah" to mess with them or to give them knowledge and guide them.
It would be like a 25,000 year long game of Risk with real, live pawns moving across the board.

The game of gods!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I would remove the existence of the paranormal and reincarnation and restructure the universe the way non paranormal believers see it.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It would be a masochists dream come true where he would simulate a World War 3 and then possess every person that suffers and inflicts the suffering, one life at a time.

A real loony town sickO.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I would play as every person before I was done with the program.

That would mean everyone is me.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

A total Universe put on pause so I could go get a snack...

I like that...

But I could never be in charge of the simulation. Hell... when I played Sims3 for a bit I kept then from using the bathroom or shower. Of course they would take fits which I thought were hilarious. Simply to see what would happen.

I couldn't imagine what I'd do with a whole universe at my fingertips.

The inhabitants of the universe would probably hear maniacle laughter booming from their home planet skys full time while wondering what the he'll is going to happen next as they note where the nearest bathroom is...

No... I just couldnt.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
It would be a masochists dream come true where he would simulate a World War 3 and then possess every person that suffers and inflicts the suffering, one life at a time.

A real loony town sickO.

It's a game.

But I won't disagree too much since you're me.

Ok this just got confusing.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I would not limit earth to a petri dish with a in but not out firmament lid.. likewise what's up with the unscaleable walls all along the south?!
Then again perhaps the simulation limits self-destruction to this earth rather than beyond it.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

LOL. Sorry, but you are a bot in my head whilst I am in a 'matrix' illusion on a super duper space ship orbiting the Planet Zarg right now. No one can prove me wrong.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'd definitely make the flat earth round again.

Make it so!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The perpetual part will take care of itself, the non perpetual part needs guidance.
edit on 20-1-2018 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

There's been talk of this reality possibly being a Simulation.

The problem with that is how we explain all the people seemingly bored to death with this existence, crying and whining because their apps don't work, their phone isn't the most current model.

If a simulation, why not make everyone happy, everything perfect?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

originally posted by: muzzleflash

LOL. Sorry, but you are a bot in my head whilst I am in a 'matrix' illusion on a super duper space ship orbiting the Planet Zarg right now. No one can prove me wrong.

Hahah! No you're the bot!
I'm the real player.
You're just programmed to say that...

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

No, I'm too GD tired to run this madhouse.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If I was Big Boss I'd start with a perfect creation. A Son and Daughter that would be my heart's joy living in paradise together. I wouldn't let them leave their room of paradise, until I soon realize that an infinity of this gets redundant rather quickly. So I'd grant them free will knowing that they would screw things up. But it's better than me locking them in their perfect room for forever without free will right?

I'd give them simple commands like don't kill or steal, and never forget Me because you'll get lost if you do. It's hard though, because I want them to have their freedom, but they abuse it so easily which is detrimental for the rest of my kids. Because they wouldn't appreciate eternal bliss without temporary suffering, this would be a necessary first step though. Yeah sure they'll react just as any other kid who gets put on timeout, but it is ultimately for their benefit. I would want to give them a driver's test before I put them in the driver's seat.

Once they pass and are shown to be trustworthy I'd give them all my powers to do what they want in their own universe, because I am the greatest God of all time and I have many dope mansions for my kids. I'd probably send the oldest Son to go and tell them whats up because I imagine after thousands of years of Babylonian debauchery they would have totally forgotten the meaning of life and the birthright I have waiting for them. Hopefully they're not too enthralled with their 9-5 efforts in futility to believe the good news.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Exactly!

If a "simulation" why have so many of the souls inhabiting the simulated world suffering in so many places and so many ways?

If there is a God in this "simulated" world he must be a seriously cruel sadistic SOB.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Planet Zarg:

Zarg, officially known as the Capital Planet, the Center of the 9 Galaxies and the Hoary Host of Hoggarth, is the seat of government of the known Universe.

It is a flat planet and also the location of the galactic superbrain which is the processor of 'the Matrix'.

Time also goes slower on Zarg, as it takes almost 2 seconds for 1 second to elapse. To compensate for this temporal differential, clocks are programmed to tick much slower.

The inhabitants of Zarg include the Lobs, which are intelligent crustaceans and their favorite restaurant is the Pink Human where they eat soilent green as the main course.

indisputable source of this info

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: intrptr

Exactly!

If a "simulation" why have so many of the souls inhabiting the simulated world suffering in so many places and so many ways?

If there is a God in this "simulated" world he must be a seriously cruel sadistic SOB.

I know, either everyone is following their program to kill, steal from and put each other in jail, or people are violating their programming, which means they have a choice.

There goes simulation theory.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join