It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas judge interrupts jury, says God told him defendant is not guilty

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

A state district judge in Comal County said God told him to intervene in jury deliberations to sway jurors to return a not guilty verdict in the trial of a Buda woman accused of trafficking a teen girl for sex.

Judge Jack Robison apologized to jurors for the interruption, but defended his actions by telling them “when God tells me I gotta do something, I gotta do it,” according to the Herald-Zeitung in New Braunfels.

The jury went against the judge’s wishes, finding Gloria Romero-Perez guilty of continuous trafficking of a person and later sentenced her to 25 years in prison. They found her not guilty of a separate charge of sale or purchase of a child.

Texas judge interrupts jury, says God told him defendant is not guilty

Wow, just wow...How is this even possible? The judge interferes with the jury and it's okay? God says what?

On so many levels I'm stupefied and awestruck, but not in a good way...I guess we could say "Only in Texas" but is that correct? Has this happened before? Will it happen again?

Sorry, but justice doesn't rely on "God told me so" in my opinion, and tampering with a jury is a crime. Make no mistake, the judge was jury tampering. Which begs the question: can a judge tamper with the jury in his courtroom?

Jury tampering is the crime of attempting to influence a jury through other means than the evidence presented in court, such as conversations about the case outside the court, offering bribes, making threats or asking acquaintances to interfere with a juror.

Is this what society has devolved into? Let the jury decide the case, and thankfully they went against the judge's recommendations and tampering.

another source
edit on 19-1-2018 by kelbtalfenek because: additional link

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

And so it begins....

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This is why the world is as messed up as it is, ignorant cognitively impaired imbeciles in positions of power because most they oversee are dumber than they are.

K~

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Perhaps a good forensic accountant needs to go over the judge's personal finances and see if the judge found God with a pay off attached.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

SEEEE!

Those damn activist judges are at it again.

Who voted this yahoo into office.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Wait, what??

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

SEEEE!

Those damn activist judges are at it again.

Who voted this yahoo into office.

He wasn't voted in, he appeared under a heavenly light, in white robes proclaiming that god's servant of the light needs to share the lord's justice with the good people of Texas.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Fortunately your honor, God's opinion is completely irrelevant in a court of law.

With your permission, Council would like to approach the bench....

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

You hear about judges like this from time to time, there needs to be a more effective way to have these kinds of judges removed from the bench.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I wonder if the judge would believe me if I told him that God told me I wasn't speeding and the radar machine is possessed by demons.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

In today's modern world we have a medical condition for that, it's called schizophrenia. Otherwise, why not just every judge and politician just start blabbing stuff saying God told them to do it.
What god might this judge be talking about tho? I can probably take one guess and get it right.

And people condemn other parts of the world as having religion tied in with law and political matters, the US is stocked full of the same stuff.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Advanced Budas have special powers to affect minds, if the subject is within a few feet. Can't reach into the jury deliberation room, though.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Maybe he's trying to get impeached.

That's how you get impeached.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
WTF!? A sex trafficking case?
Yeah, nothing to see here, move along...

Not.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I wonder if he is a nutter or a trafficker. Likely one of the two.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

holy crap that's scary!!

good thing the jury ignored him.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Perhaps a good forensic accountant needs to go over the judge's personal finances and see if the judge found God with a pay off attached.
Or see if Mrs. Perez cashed any checks from The Honorable Judge Jack Robison

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: watchitburn

holy crap that's scary!!

good thing the jury ignored him.

What did the judge sentence her to? One day of home confinement?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

can you imagine.. "god told me to impregnate this 13 year old."

wtf

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: carewemust

can you imagine.. "god told me to impregnate this 13 year old."

wtf

God also tells people to blow up train stations in his name. A judge is subject to the same mental issues as radicals.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join