It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Millennial Job Interview

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
As the technology of the world continues to evolve there seems to a conflict between each generation in the workplace.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hilarious

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Things like this are funny because they are true.

That was great!

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

That was great, thanks...lol 8am. wont work for me!

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

What it is to be young and carefree. I remember my first interviews for jobs years ago, they weren't like this but resulted in the same outcome.

I applied for a job on a ferry. (Dover, England) The interviewer asked me why I didn't cut my hair (it was down to my ass) before the interview. I told him "Because if I didn't get the job, like I know I am not going to get the job now I would have cut my hair for nothing." He wasn't impressed. I left.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Thanks so much for the stars and replies. Now if I can only find a way to convert the stars into cash.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Funny, but sad at the same time. It amazes me just by walking around in stores how many young people can't keep their hands off their cell phones while they're on the clock. They'll carry on conversations with their fellow workers when a customer is standing there waiting in line.

We can't dismiss that all millennials are clueless when it comes to job expectations. However, with all the distracting technology this generation has been bombarded with, a lack of face to face socialization due to Facebook, Twitter etc..., and a lack of responsibility for doing household chores, or being disciplined for poor behavior, has directly affected employers finding good, hardworking reliable employees. It's a tell tell sign when employers have to resort to hiring more and more retirees to work in fast food, restaurants and retail establishments.

Schools need to start teaching proper work ethics in high school. Many of these young people are clueless.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife I believe you meant gen Z..... Just trying to help ya buddy

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons
HAHA or maybe the later generations should teach their kids better. I am a millennial and I just helped make a decision with a Fortune 500 corp to not hire older people. If a baby boomer needs a job then they messed up some where. Can’t handle tech as well and hold a grudge against coworkers. And if the older folk keep thinking that younger folk are to stupid to run the world then maybe they should look at who raised them. This whole lazy new gen movement is crap. Hopefully I don’t mess up even 1 letter or number on our database due to phone activity. WAIT, oh ya I can work from my phone that I know how to use properly. [snipped]

edit on Fri Jan 19 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

DIC. Deny Ignorance Coin. Maybe a good idea for ATS?

I remember the time when people in the UK had to book their telephone calls in advance to Australia due to the limited capacity of the transatlantic links between the UK and far off places. I'm old skool

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

However, with all the distracting technology this generation has been bombarded with, a lack of face to face socialization due to Facebook, Twitter etc..., and a lack of responsibility for doing household chores, or being disciplined for poor behavior, has directly affected employers finding good, hardworking reliable employees.

What I have seen due to the curse of technology is that this applies to people of any age group using the internet. It gives them a fantasy world in which they can appear to be someone they are not. Then again with the price of fuel and such people just don't have the money to meet new people.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife I believe you meant gen Z..... Just trying to help ya buddy

I was merely transferring what was mentioned from the video but thank you for enlightening of the correct title to use.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

So sorry that we all can't be just like you. Please note that the video I shared with the ATS masses is in the joke thread meaning don't take it too seriously.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

DIC. Deny Ignorance Coin. Maybe a good idea for ATS?

I remember the time when people in the UK had to book their telephone calls in advance to Australia due to the limited capacity of the transatlantic links between the UK and far off places. I'm old skool

Thanks for this blast from the past. I'll share this with a member of another generation who worked for one of the phone companies here in the US.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
You are correct. I am sorry, I went on a rant. But I feel better now!

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
wow that video was made by a bitter old fart

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

We can make fun of Millennials, but when I interviewed people for tech jobs over 20 years ago they were doing weird things back then too. Young people can be silly and not prepared. I will never forget the young man that came into an interview eating a jelly donut. (wish I were kidding) (no he didn't get the job)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

How does asking for someone's attention, input and dedication to the task (work) at hand amount to being a bitter old fart? It's not called work for nothing.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

How does asking for someone's attention, input and dedication to the task (work) at hand amount to being a bitter old fart? It's not called work for nothing.

constructing a strawman of how nearly no one would act in an interview, no matter their age, because you think young people are dumb and self-centred?

i'm talking about the video maker, not the character in the video. geeeeeeeeeeeez.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

My bad! I realise the video was a parody but it does reflect upon a certain behaviour regardless of gender, age or background.

"Look me in the eye when I'm talking to you>" is not a new thing. No asking Jesus for help now, this is an interview and is the difference between getting the job or not. YMMV. What does the video maker matter? It's the principle.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join