It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U2, please go away.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I lasted 58 seconds.

I would write my opinion about Bonio and U2 but the sweary filter would get most of it.

Really, please, just STFU.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker

originally posted by: Butterfinger
I lost alot of respect for the Edge and U2 in general after years of virtue signaling and the Edge talking with Jimmy Page and Jack White about guitars.

I'm not a fan of White per se, but I left it with less respect for Edge than I had for White going into the video.

I always wondered why Edge was included in that doc. Seemed like the odd man out. Page is obviously the master here, but White can hold his own and has a unique sound. The Edge? It seems he just play a couple chords and then endlessly tweaks it with hundreds of pedals/loops/amps/mixers etc. Not that impressed.

The Edge is the only one in that video with a unique sound.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The baseness of political debate, the jingoism, the atavistic fervor of Trump's verbiage reminded us that we were dreaming if we thought evolution applied to consciousness.'

What a load of horse snip.

U2 music sucks.

Your opinion sucks - or does it? People are entitled to them.

Bono can be a giant prick, but he’s done more good than probably 99% of posters on ATS.

If you don’t like their music, don’t listen to it. While people still like U2, leave them to it. They’re doing no harm to anyone.

As for Bono, he is a hobby hypocrite half the time, but if we all just tried to be a little better to each other the world might indeed be a better place.

edit on 19-1-2018 by ARM1968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdamMartinFB

originally posted by: jtrenthacker

originally posted by: Butterfinger
I lost alot of respect for the Edge and U2 in general after years of virtue signaling and the Edge talking with Jimmy Page and Jack White about guitars.

I'm not a fan of White per se, but I left it with less respect for Edge than I had for White going into the video.

I always wondered why Edge was included in that doc. Seemed like the odd man out. Page is obviously the master here, but White can hold his own and has a unique sound. The Edge? It seems he just play a couple chords and then endlessly tweaks it with hundreds of pedals/loops/amps/mixers etc. Not that impressed.

The Edge is the only one in that video with a unique sound.
Unique doesn't always equal good. He is completely out of his league with Page and White.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

How are they better? In your opinion they’re better, but that is all.

In terms of career success, record sales etc, tour success you may find The Edge and U2 have, er, the edge.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Reminds me of Warren Buffet and Bill Gates each pledging $1 billion to develop Africa. Imagine how much $2 billion would help in the US for schools, West Virginia people could all have shoes, etc. But instead they chose to make a huge deal out of giving money to Africa...to open up new markets for their investments. Philanthropic my ass...

At least you are wise enough to see that - most people see these Philanthropists like those 2 and George Soros and think they are so generous. These types of people do not "donate" out of the good of their heart. It is to expand their reach, get a tax write-off, or other motives outside of the scope of "generosity"
oh well, I'd rather know than be in denial or oblivious like many others are.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hey Paul Hewson, you dodgy clown!

Sonny Bono (P.B.U.H.) called from the grave and said he wants his name back.

edit on 19-1-2018 by TheTruthRocks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

The Edge can easily do what they do.The guy playing beside me in Guitar Center the other day can do what they do.He chooses a different approach and his band hand have an outstanding song book to back it up.
What does White have? One riff? Even Page's best riffs are all ripped off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join