It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen these pictures?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
A friend of mine sent me these two pics yesterday to ask if I had seen them. I hadn't. I did a reverse image search and found this blog site listed below. Of course, I'm skeptical of the source so I was wondering if anyone on ATS had the back story on this? I tried searching but I'm on a mobile and the ATS search doesn't like mobile (or at least not mine....)

conspiracy-cafe.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Cool pic, but could it be a sunrise or sunset with lense flare?

That's my opinion anyways.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Hmmmmm..
RSOE, not the best source. But they are reporting a 2.0 magnitude.
Many ATS members in Michigan didn't report this impact.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

If the United States Geological Service's reading of a magnitude 2.0 earthquake in Michigan on Tuesday night wasn't enough to convince you that a meteor did in fact streak through the sky there, let Marc Fries. The NASA scientist says he managed to track the meteorites (those are the pieces of rock that end up on the ground after a meteor enters Earth's atmosphere) down by using weather radar data, pinpointing them to the Lakeland and Hamburg areas in Livingston County. He explains to the Detroit Free Press that the radars are pointed downward, versus at the sky, but the rocks "are reflective and they will show up in radar images" as they fall past the radar.

Edit: notice the 2 Event From Space tags.were there 2 events?
edit on 18-1-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I saw the second picture today on fb.

the claim was that it was from yesterday's meteor event.

My guess is hoax or otherwise intentionally misleading post.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Possibly the rare phenomena of the sun reflecting off ice crystals in clouds and forming a shaft of light. Interesting pics and my best,

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'm hugely skeptical of the pictures. It looks far different from the meteor pictures I've seen though. It does look like a laser... I'll give them that much. I personally am unsure of whether this was even in Michigan at all or if someone is hoaxing or trying to lump it with the meteor?

Any Michiganders around here who witnessed the event?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I don't know... These pictures just seem too well "coordinated" or something...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

My instincts tell me 3 things..
1: MSM would have been all over this event.
2: could this be a real Middle East drone strike.
3:But the lights are coming from the ground.
Could this be a building on fire with chemicals or other combustible materials?

Edit: last photo shows many trees. Can't be the Middle East. 🤔
edit on 18-1-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I wish I had instincts.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Ice columns or "sky pillars". Depending on the temperature of the air, water freezes into different shapes of crystals. In some conditions these are hexagonal "plates" or "columns" that are aligned with the horizon.

www.ski.com.au...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

pictures need provenance

yes there was a meteor event over michigan

but your OP source = click bait nonsense

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Lol..
used this word working in the E.R.

S.W.A.G.
Scientific
Wild
A$$
Guess
😊

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Reminds me of lights at an arena aiming upward and going through fog or rain/snow.

That is my guess for the two lights.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Cool scene, not very clear.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

pictures need provenance

yes there was a meteor event over michigan

but your OP source = click bait nonsense

My friend did not get the pictures from the site I posted. I'm still trying to find out where he got them... He is currently unavailable on assignment.

I found that sight through a reverse image search. But I don't trust that source for the same reasons you don't.... Which is why I am asking to see if anyone has seen these pictures before and perhaps knows the REAL story behind them.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

We see that in Alaska all the time in the winter when it is frosty and cold. It is street lights.

Grim

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Heck, use that in the military and EMS all the time lol

Grim

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
A friend of mine sent me these two pics yesterday to ask if I had seen them. I hadn't. I did a reverse image search and found this blog site listed below. Of course, I'm skeptical of the source so I was wondering if anyone on ATS had the back story on this? I tried searching but I'm on a mobile and the ATS search doesn't like mobile (or at least not mine....)

conspiracy-cafe.blogspot.com...

I looked into this after the supposed meteor strike, however all I found was the night sky lighting like day light. I would like to know what this explosion is tho, I read somewhere that it was an oil refinery explosion in Ohio (a marathon refinery or something like that), but could not anything relating to it. Interesting pictures, however they are not from Michigan.

The posts I saw on FB kept saying that it was a direted energy or kinetic weapons strike, I doubt that as well.

Grim
edit on 18/1/2018 by Grimmley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimmley

Glad to find someone who agrees with me. I'm feel pretty certain these have nothing to do with the meteor or Michigan... Which is why I am super curious about what they REALLY are and where they were taken...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

i saw sunset like this yesterday on way home from work. 5pm central time, i live in midwest IL. first i have seen of your pics though. wish i would have thought to snap a pic, was no where near as cloudy and much brighter from my angle if thats the same thing i saw.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join