It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. HealthCare Workers Are Free To Follow Their Beliefs and Conscience Again.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254 Thank you for pointing that out. This is a horrible thing to get rid of. Trumpets may like this now. But when they get in a car wreck that requires a very specific surgeon and there is only one close enough, and then they say nope.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
How is this a good thing? The purpose of healthcare workers is to help others. Hell, the Hippocratic Oath pretty much says that you pledge to help others no matter what.

I bet if healthcare workers chose to stop helping people that support Trump there would be major backlash among those that act like this is a good thing. But as long as it seems like it just allows service to be denied to gays and transsexuals it's a good thing.

you are missing the point

helping and caring are too different things

ex. I live in a country that gave 2 of its cities the "bomb". Now, "help" well if do not have insurance in this country, you are on the streets
"caring", you have insurance but the doc's remember their parents being bombed.

the point I'm making here is that a doc should not be told to give plastic surgery because the patient has money and is of a mind of warpness

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
January 18, 2018

This roll-back is the rule that prohibited HealthCare workers from refusing to treat people, or perform procedures, if doing so contradicted their belief system, or conscience. Soon, they will have one more God-given freedom returned to them.

I am shocked and stunned that this was not the case anyway!!!, how the f#ck can you expect someone with a conscious to be told they have to kill a baby???...

Shear madness, and if that was the case I would have taken my medical skills to a country that allowed me to practice as I wanted to..

RA

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: toysforadults

Really? Because Trump and his team have been trying to undo everything they can that has Obama's name on it. Do you live under a rock or just willfully ignorant?

That's one of the things he was hired to do.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: carewemust

Well, hopefully, doctors will still follow their Hippocratic Oath and not abandon a patient because of their religious beliefs but unfortunately not all Healthcare workers take such an oath, like ambulance drivers.

Doctors oath: "Do no harm"

How does that work, when a lady comes in and requests an abortion?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Where are you people getting this idea that healthcare workers are being forced to give abortions against their will all over the country?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

From the same place people are coming from that they think people were dying all over the country before *Obama's HHS* implemented these regulations.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

more God-given freedom returned to them.

when your cult gets to decide what health care i get - thats not freedom - thats religious tyrrany

i want freedom FROM your religion

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

i want freedom FROM your religion

If I'm a doctor and a christian, that doesn't believe in abortion, nor in sex change operations, then freedom FROM my religion, to me, means you can find another doctor. I'm not going to prevent you from getting abortion, or sex change, I'm just going to demand my freedom of religion, not to do these abhorrent things myself.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

well within the hippocratic oath they also say: 1st do no harm....right.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I believe that a worker should have the right not to participate in an abortion if they do not want to. There are plenty of people who would do this, why force these people to do something they deem as wrong.

I do not believe that sex change operations are necessary. I would not want to be forced to participate in changing a person's sex. I think it is a high level scam promoting surgeries that benefit people. The whole thing stinks of proffiting, the person has to go see therapists for quite a while before being allowed to start. Men do not need to be macho, women do not need to be feminine. We do not need to feel we do not belong in our body. I have no problem with gay people, but I feel sorry for the people changing their sex, they have been talked into an unnecessary expensive procedure which requires a lifelong maintenance program. I have nothing against most of the people who feel they need the operations, I am ired at those who talk them into getting it done.

So, why would I want to participate in changing the person's sex. I would walk right out of the job, quitting. I would not even want a job where I might be forced by the government to do this kind of stuff, I will not partake in deception. Many of the abortions are actually being done on people who are talked into getting them, who actually might want to have a kid. I would say twenty five percent of abortions preformed are this way.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: Xcalibur254 Thank you for pointing that out. This is a horrible thing to get rid of. Trumpets may like this now. But when they get in a car wreck that requires a very specific surgeon and there is only one close enough, and then they say nope.

Rolling back a rule that's been in effect for less than 10 years is not going to cause additional people to die. Maybe save a few unborn babies precious lives, but not the B.S. you're predicting.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

January 18, 2018

This roll-back is the rule that prohibited HealthCare workers from refusing to treat people, or perform procedures, if doing so contradicted their belief system, or conscience. Soon, they will have one more God-given freedom returned to them.

I am shocked and stunned that this was not the case anyway!!!, how the f#ck can you expect someone with a conscious to be told they have to kill a baby???...

Shear madness, and if that was the case I would have taken my medical skills to a country that allowed me to practice as I wanted to..

RA

OBAMA made them do it! They had to, or they were subject to U.S. Government penalties.

Excerpted from: wallbuilders.com...

February 2009 – Obama announces plans to revoke conscience protection for health workers who refuse to participate in medical activities that go against their beliefs, and fully implements the plan in February 2011.

You ever wonder why Trump, or anyone who loves freedom, shakes our head in disgust at the things Obama quietly did to take away personal freedoms from Americans...the people who elected him??

Check this out: wallbuilders.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

January 18, 2018

President Trump's Health and Human Services (HHS) is removing another of President Obama's oppressive restrictions placed on the lives of American citizens.

The Trump administration has reportedly developed rules to shield healthcare workers who do not want to perform abortions or provide services to transgender patients, in a move activists have called a “license to discriminate” against LGBT people and women.

The rule creates a new division in the Health and Human Services (HHS) Civil Rights Office to assist healthcare workers who say they were forced to provide services contradicting their religious or moral beliefs. It will also find and discipline institutions who do not properly allow for these so-called “conscience objections," according to multiple news reports.

HHS Acting Secretary Eric Hargan said the new rule was a way to “vigorously uphold the rights of conscience and religious freedom”.

MORE at: www.independent.co.uk... ts-trans-a8166356.html

I know there will be some people who'll be upset over allowing healthcare workers to decline to treat certain individuals, and/or perform certain procedures that they morally object to. But the desire of almost every human being, is to live life with as much personal freedom as possible.

-CareWemust

So I am supposed to be grateful that people can force their will on my healthcare because they feel icky because of religion?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

So I am supposed to be grateful that people can force their will on my healthcare because they feel icky because of religion?

Uh, no.

You should be grateful that you no longer have to worry about being forced to do something that is against your morals just to keep your job.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

WTF is wrong in your head???

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This country is so going backwards.

This is ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Remember when all the Trumpers were rabid because a driver refused to help someone on the side of the road due to their Trump bumper sticker... (conscience)

And remember when all the Trumpers celebrated when that lady was fired for giving his motorcade the middle to finger... (free speech)

Do you also remember when they wet their pants with joy when they found out that fundamentalists could refuse to give healthcare to people they deemed themselves superior to... (this rollback)

Always were a consistent bunch.

Anyways, I’d be glad if a doctor told me they didn’t want to treat me, and I sure as hell wouldn’t want them to be forced into it, I actually value my health...
I’d rather it wasn’t left in the hands of a sick bastard.

edit on 18-1-2018 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

If we're to play tit for tat on the hypocrisies in politics......

Scratch that, I don't want to live that long.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
for ffs, if you know your beliefs are going to interfer with saving a life, might as well pray to death everyday.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join