It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptocalypse-Did you Sell?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
With a gut wrenching drop that would have cast the "real" investment world into a global depression, the crypto world is already healing.

$260 billion ‘cryptocalypse’ hits
www.ozynews.com...

Some say it was whales moving the market by selling off their significant portfolios, mainly BitCoin-Eth-and Ripple. This caused waves of FUD dropping from what I saw, every single crypto had losses that would have crippled any fortune 500 company.

Uproar over crackdown on cryptocurrencies divides South Korea
www.reuters.com...

OR did the news/rumors of bans from China and Korea cause a wave of fear? Turned out no bans, but Korea will follow China's style of regulating crypto. We will see what that means.

South Korea Crypto Crackdown Causes Correction; but No Ban
It is very likely this will end up playing out the same way the China ban did (where some of the worst practices of cryptocurrency were regulated, not banned).[4]
cryptocurrencyfacts.com...

Now the real question for what seems like the 7 or so members here at ATS that are invested in crypto, did you sell any of their crypto investments?
I did not sell any of the 7 crypto's that I own. And my 7 carefully researched coins as of mid morning are up an average of 57.88%. Of course this is after watching them fall by larger %'s losses, but I think we will see a restored market.
If I were a betting man, and I am in crypto so I obviously am, I think this was all caused by rumors of crypto bans and whales flexing their impressive muscles.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I did not sell anything. I actually bought a little more.

2018 year doge goes to the moon. I know its a joke currency but I think its gonna go up.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I didn’t sell and I didn’t lose any money. And I am glad to see Crypto is bouncing back. I hope all my Cryptos go back to it’s peak. But time will tell.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I sold nothing and they seem to be bouncing back fast enough. Glad you never sold either.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I've only got ETH these days and no, I didn't sell any.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I didn't sell. I actually picked up some additional LTC to add to my collection.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Now the real question for what seems like the 7 or so members here at ATS that are invested in crypto, did you sell any of their crypto investments?

Not a chance. "Buy low, sell high" is a thing for a reason.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I bought my first crypto during the dip.

Was thinking about it for about a month and then saw an opportunity to buy low. Just a small bit of etherium, but a fun investment to watch. I used coinbase, now looking at Poloniex for more variety.
edit on 18-1-2018 by bluesjr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I sold.

Re-positioned.

Got back in.

And back in the green.

I did not sell any of the 7 crypto's that I own.

I own 23 positions as of today.

I regret selling some, and I don't.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I didn't sell the little bit of Bitcoin I have. I'm in it for the long run. I recently invested in cloud mining. At least that makes me feel like I'm getting some value from it. It will take about 4 months to break even though.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

I'm at war with myself over cloud mining.

I want to pull the trigger on it, but just can't do it.

Think I'd be better off just buying a couple of cards and doing it myself.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I noticed in the past few days it seems that at times, when US Equities rally, cryptos get hit. When the equities come under pressure, cryptos go back up. However the two may not be connected at all, as we've seen plenty of times where cryptos went up all on their own, or where Equities went down and cryptos didn't go up.

Over the past 48 hours I've been watching both closely though and they seemed to be in lockstep (converse of each other).

Could be nothing, but could be something

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This happens every year.
Nothing to worry about. Just thank the dumb panic sellers for giving us a discount.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I bought when it went down. It's way up now.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I did it with genesis-mining back in March and bought one of their no end contracts.
It's done good...partially due to the rise of bitcoin. Hindsight being 20-20 I would have bought more hashpower, or bought Bitcoin directly. It's an exciting time.

I did ask my wife yesterday if we had $9500 laying around to buy 1 BTC. I was kindly told to f-off.
Of course she wasn't happy when I mentioned the quick $2k profit we could have made.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I hope you are correct. Now the last look I did at Dogecoin there was little in the way of updating done by their team, like it's been years.
Or do I have this coin mixed up with another?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

Of the 7 currencies I own, Lite is the only one to not perform very well. I did buy @ $303. I will wait.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Didn't sell anything. I'm holding on to 6 different crypto's currently.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Well there is a finite amount of $$. Maybe it flows back and forth. Maybe a little?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

I'm at war with myself over cloud mining.

I want to pull the trigger on it, but just can't do it.

Think I'd be better off just buying a couple of cards and doing it myself.

I thought about that too. What did it for me was the fact that I didn't think I could keep up with the the technology it takes to mine. The card prices are getting way too high and the availability is dreadful. I spent $220 for 1th/s and earning a few bucks a day. A lot less time needed on my part just to keep it going.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join