It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds planning massive Northern California immigration sweep

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Ok, so I have a plan:

For every illegal who wants to become a US citizen, they will spend 6 months building the border wall. And then, only then, can they apply to become US citizens after they pass all entrance exams that legal citizens passed to do things the right way. As for Dreamers, they can spend 6 months on the wall and then become citizens.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
You would think the irs or ice pouring over employer records of employees could yield better results...but that would kill the golden goose..

Going after a few hundred with a armed commandos looks cooler on TV. Hey we are doing something we got a hundred. Only 12 million to go.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Although I am for enforcing our borders, I harbor no ill will to the illegals that are hard working and wanted only to improve their lives.

However, the law is the law, and must be enforced. I personally am in favor of giving illegals that are otherwise doing things right a chance to stay, perhaps do some community service, file all of the correct paperwork, etc, so long as we secure the border and declare this is a one time shot and any illegals coming in after now will be booted out.

Now having said that, lets be honest. If the government really wanted to go after people, they should be going after the EMPLOYERS that incentivize this illegal immigration by breaking the law. If a few of them would start to go to jail, I guarantee that would do more to stop illegal immigration that random round ups.
edit on 18-1-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I think we can let them stay, but only in a 1 for 1 swap.

We let one illegal become a citizen, but one leftist snowflake gets deported to the country the illegal came from.

I think that's perfectly reasonable.

And since there are no "sh!thole" countries, they should be happy as clams wherever they end up going.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well if this is true then we can finally all rest easy as Sessions and the justice department finishing rounding up the brown peoples, they can finally put the kibosh on that devil's weed! Truly 'Murica is being made great again one step backwards at a time.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: 727Sky

Now this is a witch hunt! A guy who had been in the U.S. for 30 years was deported, and his family is still here, no criminal record, speaks fluent English (that is a BIG one for me). There is a better way to go about all of this, without ripping families apart. I do agree we have a problem, I just don't agree that this is the way to fix it.

Come on Muller.......

Yes there are problems with such deportation. But, the Dems don't seem serious about stemming the flow of immigration, especially illegal. It's unsustainable.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Well if this is true then we can finally all rest easy as Sessions and the justice department finishing rounding up the brown peoples, they can finally put the kibosh on that devil's weed! Truly 'Murica is being made great again one step backwards at a time.

Always about race or color with some people.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Now this is a witch hunt! A guy who had been in the U.S. for 30 years was deported, and his family is still here, no criminal record, speaks fluent English (that is a BIG one for me). There is a better way to go about all of this, without ripping families apart. I do agree we have a problem, I just don't agree that this is the way to fix it.

Come on Muller.......

Yes there are problems with such deportation. But, the Dems don't seem serious about stemming the flow of immigration, especially illegal. It's unsustainable.

This is a misrepresentation. The Dem's believe in immigration reform and adequate control over the immigration system, but not as priority over a plethora of seemingly more weighty moral implications (like ripping families apart). I could make the same hyperbolic retort and claim the Republicans don't care about destroying human beings lives so long as they can reign in immigration.

Rather, the truth is both sides have rationalized their own priority system for this, and the base argument is that you have to pick one over the other (making exceptions for people because they're human beings, or making no exceptions so that the rule of law is absolute).

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I don't think that's entirely true there have been some court decisions made that they can collect.

The Social Security Act also prohibits the payment of benefits to aliens in the United States who are not “lawfully pres ent”; however, under certain circumstances, alien workers and dependents/survivors may receive benefits while residing outside the United States (including bene fits based on unauthorized work)
trac.syr.edu...
edit on 18-1-2018 by SkeptiSchism because: text

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I use the term colloquially to interject some gallows humor into an otherwise depressing subject. US sure as hell isn't deporting Caucasian folks who are here illegally with anywhere near the gusto that they are non-Caucasians.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I use the term colloquially to interject some gallows humor into an otherwise depressing subject. US sure as hell isn't deporting Caucasian folks who are here illegally with anywhere near the gusto that they are non-Caucasians.

Maybe because the vast majority is non- white?

It's not racist when there is empirical evidence points a certain way.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

My bad the humor went over my head.

Honestly, if your just joking, no problem by me.

However, allow me to retort.

I assume the crimes of bank fraud, and other white color crimes are just racist laws attacking whites.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Come on Muller.......

This is a misrepresentation. The Dem's believe in immigration reform and adequate control over the immigration system, but not as priority over a plethora of seemingly more weighty moral implications (like ripping families apart). I could make the same hyperbolic retort and claim the Republicans don't care about destroying human beings lives so long as they can reign in immigration.

Rather, the truth is both sides have rationalized their own priority system for this, and the base argument is that you have to pick one over the other (making exceptions for people because they're human beings, or making no exceptions so that the rule of law is absolute).
I'm not sure that's accurate though. I'm on the liberal side of things. Most discussions I've been around and seen result in any discussion of illegal immigration or stemming the flow being regarded as racist. At least now days. It wasn't that way in the 90's.

I'm not sure a constructive convo is happening.

To qualify, I street canvassed for DACA extensions and services here in NYC.
edit on 18-1-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

So One may assume the would-be recipient would need to "file some paperwork" These people have shown they have an aversion to filling out the paperwork. It is like 'the Obama phone' which actually came out w/Reagan, ALL those phones that were listened in on while different agencies perfected their surveillance equipment, were listened in on legally, why I didn't typed 'bugged/tapped' but who ever reads the superfluous paperwork, just sign here. If these folks had filled out the paperwork originally they wouldn't be in their current predicament.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
did the nortenos piss off the feds?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join