It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthy Living Is The Slowest Most Painful Way To Die.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I will gladly be that 90 year old crumpled up man so long as I can wheel my raisin arse over to the desk and play me some elder scrolls 25 or whatever it is by then.

Visit a nursing home, see how they are kept alive way past their time, idling on 0 cylinders, waiting for a life and death crisis they can be rescued from again and again, until the system bleeds them dry.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: MissSmartypants

"They say smoking takes 10 years off your life; smoking takes 20 years off your life. Those are the adult diaper years. You can have em we dont f'ing want em!" - Denis Leary

I would rather have to wear an adult diaper when I am 90 than have to have a colostomy bag for 40 years....

I'm a young guy with a colostomy bag, not a cautionary tale
www.smh.com.au...

And on a technical level, getting a colostomy is often one of the results of bowel cancer, which smoking increases risk of. There's no debate on that one.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
And think before You answer about the colostomy bag. I used to swim at the local pool until I saw people changing and wear their adult diaper, or take their colostomy bag into the pool.
edit on 18-1-2018 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

I've driven this vessel like I stole it.
I'm in my mid 40's and still get i.d.'d when I go to buy a six-pack and a pack of smokes.
Haven't had a soda or fast-food in decades.
(with a few guilty exceptions I regretted afterward.)
6' 170 lbs.
I hike and ride a bike for many miles a day.
Tough as blue steel.
Cat couldn't scratch it.
Hey, if you're ever in town I'm listed in the phone book under "pants".(and yeah I know..."what's a phone book?" and all that.)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Im 32 and been told by people they think im 25 which is nice, how do I retain my handomly good look's you may ask?

It's simple, iv'e never done drugs or smoked cigarettes, never been a big drinker, I go walking and hiking, never let myself get stressed over small things or let people bother me and I don't have any children.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Men don't really grow into their face and body and look their sexiest until around the age of 60...providing of course they've stayed in good shape and are healthy.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I will gladly be that 90 year old crumpled up man so long as I can wheel my raisin arse over to the desk and play me some elder scrolls 25 or whatever it is by then.

Visit a nursing home, see how they are kept alive way past their time, idling on 0 cylinders, waiting for a life and death crisis they can be rescued from again and again, until the system bleeds them dry.

At the nursing home, they have the hobbies and comforts they were used to when they were younger. they knit, read newspapers, watch tv, etc.

You may walk in shaking your head thinking its a pity, but walk up to them and ask them if they want to die...not if they accept it, but if they want it. Most will say no..because even in the condition they are in, they still generally speaking do enjoy thinking about tomorrow

Now, a person all but a vegetable just laying in a bed literally waiting for death due to a broken body and mind, thats different, but there are both healthy and unhealthy 90 year olds.

Now then, may we all live to be in our 90s and be as spunky as Betty White when we are

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
Im 32 and been told by people they think im 25 which is nice, how do I retain my handomly good look's you may ask?

It's simple, iv'e never done drugs or smoked cigarettes, never been a big drinker, I go walking and hiking, never let myself get stressed over small things or let people bother me and I don't have any children.

Make sure to exfoliate and moisturize twice daily and you will keep in good condition until your mid 50s and then still look damn good after.

like oiling a car..gotta keep things smooth. Start the routine early
Watch this guys video

Watch all his vids actually.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Then you're just afraid to let go...

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I'm going to see 326 then!!

Actually, I'm not LOL...

Truthfully if I don't get a valve repair in the next 9-24 months I is probably gonna die HAHAHA!

I have had just metric crap tons of fun though!

So either way, whether i get a repair "in time" or not, I will be happy about how everything turned out.

Being forced to confront my own mortality by almost dying and spending 6 months in hospital settings between ICU, induced coma, several emergency surgeries, and learning to walk etc again actually made me realize that I didn't regret doing much of anything "that got me there in the first place."!

This was pretty freeing in one respect while also opening up the door to lots of new and uncomfortable questions.

Questions like

Why do we focus so much on life extension / helping people survive unspeakable horrors and so little on suffering prevention?

Where's the focus on quality of living?

I can say definitively that during my stay in the hospital I experienced and a disturbing number of things I really didn't want to live through at the time, and still question whether it was good that I survived these things!

Just one example, I had an embolism burst in my left lung (both lungs already compromised to boot and completely full of fluid / I already had a tracheostomy and was on a ventilator) and had to cough a constant rush of blood out to keep from drowning in it!

They couldn't get a surgeon there for 4 hours and were literally pouring blood etc into me as fast as they could this whole time. By the time the surgeon got there I was still responsive but my blood pressure and heart rate were so far down the machines weren't registering them.

I got to experience an orthoscopic surgery and the cauterization of the embolism in my left lung with a local for the initial entry cut... Everything else I very much felt fully and by some freaky whatever remained conscious the whole time hands strapped down tears pouring down my face in pure agony not even able to scream because there was already a tube down my throat and machines breathing for me!

I experienced every bit of it fully conscious up to the point after the embolism had been seared off and my blood pressure climbed enough for the surgeon to say "f*** it! Close enough!" Reach down, squeeze my hand and start pushing pain meds and who knows what else while telling me I did good...

Only then did I get the peace of unconsciousness...

I still wake up screaming and thrashing sometimes and I spend the mornings before doctors appointments somewhere between numb panic and uncontrollable crying.

Think what you want of me for admitting that, I genuinely do not care...

But please also stop to think just for a moment about why we ask can we? So much and SHOULD WE? so little!

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Im 33. I quit smoking cigs a couple years ago. I still like mind expanding drugs and booze occasionally. I get told i look like im under 25 all the time.

I snowboard almost everyday and rock climb a lot in the summer. I hike, do yoga, workout, mtn bike...

The key is to stay active if you want to keep using your body. It seems like 80% of people have #ty 9-5 jobs where they sit down all day, then go home and watch sports or the news or still don't do anything active until the weekend comes around. People consider exercise 2 hours of walking a week... Then they end up struggling to get out of a chair at 60 years old.

I know 60 - 70 year old dudes that hike mtns and snowboard them. I also know 45 year olds that can't do more than 5 push ups.

I'd much rather take the healthy life, and stay active than end up withering away on the couch getting fat and watching sports.

This thread is the stereotypical view of a baby boomers mentality. Enjoy the medical bills...

forgot to say, i plan on living past 100, and my hobby will most likely be uploading my consciousness to the matrix to mess around for hours. That and astral projection, it'll probably be real easy to slip in and out of physical reality when im that old.
edit on 19-1-2018 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Every one in my family tree that lived healthy died of Alzheimer's.
My grand mother eat bacon and eggs with toast every morning till she went into a Alzheimer's care home and lived another 10 years to the age of 99 but was out of it for the last 10 years.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   

well they do say that people are living now that will be alive in 300 years thanks to advances in medical science

just so happens that is no one on ATS or anyone you know, only reserved for the super rich

whats most important is when we start having to pay for oxygen

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Nah op after many experiments I know being eaten by a army of voles from the feet up over many weeks is a more slow painful way to die.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
Men don't really grow into their face and body and look their sexiest until around the age of 60...providing of course they've stayed in good shape and are healthy.
For me it was around mid to late 30's when the mojo kicked in. I was just like that crazy booze-addled guy that would do any dare devil thing to make the party more fun in my younger years.
I'm still some years away from 60...look out ladies.
Here I come.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Nah op after many experiments I know being eaten by a army of voles from the feet up over many weeks is a more slow painful way to die.
(Giggles mischieviously) I like you!

But I'm still right.
edit on 1/22/2018 by MissSmartypants because: edit

edit on 1/22/2018 by MissSmartypants because: edit

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

If voles are a type of weasel like I think they are then you're probably right...

I've been bitten by minks and even through leather gloves those bites hurt!

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

If voles are a type of weasel like I think they are then you're probably right...

I've been bitten by minks and even through leather gloves those bites hurt!

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants. Now this doesn't happen by accident but by strict adherence to a regimen of state of the art nutritional technologies, exercise technologies, medical technologies, and skin and hair care technologies...technologies which the rest of us are not privy to. And since this is a conspiracy site we should probably throw in occult technologies as well.

No honey. It's plastic surgery. The rest doesn't make much difference.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

originally posted by: MissSmartypants. Now this doesn't happen by accident but by strict adherence to a regimen of state of the art nutritional technologies, exercise technologies, medical technologies, and skin and hair care technologies...technologies which the rest of us are not privy to. And since this is a conspiracy site we should probably throw in occult technologies as well.

No honey. It's plastic surgery. The rest doesn't make much difference.
Sweetie, plastic surgery falls under that "medical technology" that I mentioned but don't worry your pretty little head about it...it takes all kinds to make a world.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join