It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American IDOL format: Presidential edition!! VET and TEST the NEXT PRESIDENT of the USA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Why not spend the next 3 years Vetting the next Candidates for President of the US?? Set/Make a minimum standard for education, psychological, International Affairs, Finance, environmental, Scientific, ect ect put them under a weekly panel with guided topics and VET THE BEJESUS OUT OF THEM large undertaking to be sure but

WHEN exactly do Candidates start campaigning? is it enough time to actually make an informed decision besides just looking at what they tell you ??? Its a popularity contest plain and simple Billions are spent in such a short amount of time i think the US population Deserves Better Than a campaign telling you WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO HEAR then get elected and do there own agenda or destroy the place While the whole world looks on LAUGHING.

How many people are actively Campaigning RIGHT NOW for the Presidential seat?? Or is it just 1 year or less of plastering ads to get exposure everywhere Popular sure but staying popular and staying correct in words deeds and actions . Or am i just foolish to think it can be done and actually come out with a leader EVERYONE can be proud of and respect even when disagreed with.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Oprah 10
KOBE 0
Noory 5

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Just putting the idea out there!!! but no comments? really?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Or am i just foolish to think it can be done and actually come out with a leader EVERYONE can be proud of and respect even when disagreed with.

I would rather have someone that I am in ideological agreement with than someone who I like. What is important to me is the policies of the President not his personality.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

I like the general idea. If first we all register independent so that there are no more political parties and MSM propaganda machines.

Nice to dream but there are too many followers who need to be told what to think. And the establishment is currently dug in.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Out of some 325 million Americans, we got Trump and Hillary in 2016.

Who will we get in 2020?

Probably Kanye West vs Poo-Poo the Barking Llama.

I do like Trump and support many of the things he's trying, but man! People hate him and anyone who votes for him so damned much that as a supporter, I probably won't be able to get life insurance because I'm too high risk for being killed by an angry mob!

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Or am i just foolish to think it can be done and actually come out with a leader EVERYONE can be proud of and respect even when disagreed with.

I would rather have someone that I am in ideological agreement with than someone who I like. What is important to me is the policies of the President not his personality.

But we could learn their ideologies as part of this process.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
As far as DEM or REP that should be self evident as the vetting topics progress. Even just to start with a basic knowledge base it would eliminate the majority of idiots and con artists

a reply to: bluesjr

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
As far as DEM or REP that should be self evident as the vetting topics progress. Even just to start with a basic knowledge base it would eliminate the majority of idiots and con artists

a reply to: bluesjr

Idiots and con artist are ok, but please no more clown pretenders to the throne.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Out of some 325 million Americans, we got Trump and Hillary in 2016.

Yup. These were the very best America had to offer.

Trump continually boasts he beat out 17 other highly qualified candidates, to become number 1.

Just makes you think, if these are America's finest, things must have really changed radically over the decades in the Great Land of America.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
That was awesome LOL ok instead of phone ins how about a panel of experts/judges for each topic then phone in LOL

a reply to: Xcathdra

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

A lovely idea but it only works if the politicians are honest.

... and I'd doubt that based upon past example.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
You can't compel it. The Constitution sets the requirements for President, and to change that would require an amendment.

Even if you could get all the candidates to agree, you'd then be stuck with choosing who participates in the vetting panel. Another nightmare which gains nothing.

The entire primary season is a vetting process leading up to continued vetting after the conventions. It used to function pretty well. The wheels fell off (IMO) when the national media skewed so far left that a good percentage of the populace no longer trusts them to deliver anything close to unbiased reportage. I have no solution, other than make everyone smarter. And better looking, while we're at it.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The last election was mostly social media and online influencing this would have to be separate from constitutional requirements initially but the panels could be top technical experts with others in the field determining merit.

how long and what exactly is the current "Vetting" process other than the requirements of the Constitution? Whet does it entail?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

There is no vetting process. Not even for vetting the meager requirements specified in the Constitution. That's what caused the whole Obama birth certificate controversy.

The thought's generally been, throw it out there in the media grinder and let them sort it out. That's no longer going to work for everyone, because the consensus is, the deck is stacked. The national media is so in the tank for the Democrats, it's not even worth a discussion.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

I think if this idea was tried after a few years the kinks could be worked out and it would go global

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
a reply to: yeahright

I think if this idea was tried after a few years the kinks could be worked out and it would go global

You'll never get a corrupt power hungry government to design a system that prevents corruption.

That's like asking bill gates to give away all of his money. Make no mistake, the government at every single level, from local municipal, all the way to the oval is corrupt. Every single police precinct, all the way up to the NSA.

There isn't one police station that hasn't abused their power to gain funding, or hurt some one over a personal vendetta. There are varying degrees of corruption, but make no mistake, they are all taking bribes. You ever been to a city that has police that just harass people over nothing? That's because the governor has a deal with private prisons.

I mean jesus.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Sounds like a good idea, until the DNC finds a way to rig the vetting process.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Were a republic. In a republic ideologicaly all people need fair representations. Today thats not happening. Its frankly a sick usury joke.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join