It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Bannon 'summoned' in Russia probe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Former White House adviser Steve Bannon has been subpoenaed to give evidence before a grand jury for the special counsel's Russia investigation, the New York Times has reported.

The former aide to President Donald Trump is to give evidence in the investigation into alleged Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, according to the publication.

Sky News

New York Times

Well this should be interesting.

Its just breaking now so not really too much information at this time nor has it been confirmed by Bannon. I think the timing could be interesting given the recent revelations about Bannon's comments in the Michael Wolffs new book.

The net just keeps closing in.
edit on 16-1-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I don't think Bannon is going to sway things one way or another. He has already walked back the alleged comments he made so I don't think he is going to do anything but try and save face.

Today will be just another instance of a "nothing burger".
edit on 16-1-2018 by Terminal1 because: Clarity

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Double
edit on 16-1-2018 by Terminal1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Slowest investigation ever. Maybe they don't want Trump out. They have definitely had time to think about it. Put it off till midterms to really confuse stuff. Then nothing.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Yeah, anyone hoping that Bannon is going to "spill the beans" on some kind of eeeeevil scheme with Russia is going to be disappointed.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Good, about time!!! Seriously, though. Of coarse now trump says Bannon was just a coffee boy. LOL, yeah right. What wont the man say to protect himself.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Slowest investigation ever. Maybe they don't want Trump out. They have definitely had time to think about it. Put it off till midterms to really confuse stuff. Then nothing.

Watergate investigations took 2 years. Mueller has the goods and the WH knows it. I wouldn't expect to much loyalty from Bannon; you reap what you sow....

www.thedailybeast.com...

edit on 16-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Have to keep the Russia delusion alive as long as possible.

The REAL Russian collusion is becoming hard for places like the NYT, CNN and the establishment to hide.
Tic Toc

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

Lying to the FBI, is a crime. So let him lie, he will be caught and indicted just like the others have. Suppose those are "nothing burgers" too.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well now.....

I wait the comments with baited breath. It should be interesting to see what the leaky sieve known as "Uncle Sam" has to report on this.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Finally!

Impeach 45!

Death to America!

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala. . . . . what? Too soon?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Donald Trump is above the law you all know it. Nothing is going to happen.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Ya I know right..... Wrong I can name three major investigations that have gone on much longer than this one. I am sorry if I took you away from FOX news.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This could be trouble for them, now that Bannon has lost everything, his job, his influence, his organisation, his billionaire backers.

Does he have anything else left to lose?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Mueller likely is asking Bannon questions that he already knows the answer to in the hopes he catches him lying and then has leverage to get Bannon to disclose more.

Total Nothingburger obviously. My rule of thumb is if the judicial system hasn't found a patsy to place the blame on within the first 3 hours of a crime (even one as minor as a Presidential Manchurian candidate) then its not worth even investigating.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Any one if he has confirmed this yet

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Exactly!....cause nothing bad, or corrupt was happening before ol yeller came to the party....right

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So, is Sloppy Steve credible or not?

I hear from both sides that he's the antichrist and savior from one minute to the next.

All I see is a bunch of clowns.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Yeah, anyone hoping that Bannon is going to "spill the beans" on some kind of eeeeevil scheme with Russia is going to be disappointed.

That's right put your faith in Devon Nunes the partisan hack who is part of the swamp because all those speculative rumors are so much more true....

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Mueller likely is asking Bannon questions that he already knows the answer to in the hopes he catches him lying and then has leverage to get Bannon to disclose more.

Total Nothingburger obviously. My rule of thumb is if the judicial system hasn't found a patsy to place the blame on within the first 3 hours of a crime (even one as minor as a Presidential Manchurian candidate) then its not worth even investigating.

It's not Mueller, it's a congressional committee. They're just trying to keep the Russia Narrative on life support as long as possible, hoping that the evidence that has so far eluded them (because it doesn't exist) will magically appear this time.

I mean, what do think Bannon is even going to know? If you think he has Vladimir Putin on speed dial or something, you need therapy.
edit on 16-1-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join