It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Takin' 'er down to the wood!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I was gettin' a haircut the other day at this new barber shop place in town. Tough ol' cowgal owns and operates the place (she's a barber, not a beautician, she'll tell ya...and don't you forget it!). Anyhow, she asks me how I want it cut, and I tell her "short, short". She says "How short?". I told her to use a #1 clipper on the sides.

She tells me "Now listen here darlin', not all these clippers work the same way. If I run a #1 around your noggin I'll be takin' it right down to the wood!!"

I chuckled. Never heard that expression before.

She gave me a good haircut, but next time when she asks me how short, I'll just tell her...

"Right down to the wood, Ma'am!"

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Haha! What a fantastic turn of phrase!

I suppose adopting it yourself will be more efficient, where future communications are concerned!

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
"Bring it back to bare metal please." Is another similar one.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

"Wood" is also a term used used to describe erection..if you went to a different barber they may think you're wanting something else.

examples:

i've got wood
you're givin me a woody

edit on 16-1-2018 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Now you can go around and tell everyone you always get a perfect haircut, as you knock on your wood.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
You should have offered to take her down to the wood.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I was gettin' a haircut the other day at this new barber shop place in town.

First of all, I wanna live in a place where people call hairdressers barber shops, and people go to them when they're new.

Not that it'd make a lot of difference, I cut my own hair, because I'm cheap and don't care if people point and laugh.

One of these days I'll cut it like I ask me to cut it. But it's when I go crazy that I know it. Oh there is blood, hair, sweat and tears. And that's just looking in the mirror :/

haha you've never heard that expression?

My old man used to say it when he'd get my hair cut. But he was a short back and sides man, that glued his hair down with brylcreem.. I'm a hooligan with either crazy long hair that betrays my inner hippy by turning me into a barbarian (or Jesus, long hair, goatee, rising from the dead, etc) or it's shaved clean off. Not a good look for me, that.. back of me head looks like a ducks arse.

Haircuts are all fun and games, till you get drunk and give yourself a drunk mohawk, though.

lol she sounds like my ex FCD. Got a mouth that can start and put out a fire and an attitude to keep doing it all week long.

edit on 16-1-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

Can I giggle at this, or will it incur the wrath of the #metoo crowd??

lmfao

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

Can I giggle at this, or will it incur the wrath of the #metoo crowd??

lmfao

By the dint of being male anything you find amusing or enjoyable means you're a big sexist misogynistic woman hater blah blah blah to that collective groupthink.

top topics

join