It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is happening with Night Vision approach to UFO hunting?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Another video that pops up in this string is the video taken by John Leonard Walson, photos such as these, which if you can debunk, I''d like to know, because these raise the hair on the back of my neck. They are SO big that it is hard to believe they are ours.

The guy gets these pics through a telescope he made, he has no funding and doesn't try to make money that I know of.

www.google.com... hip&gs_l=psy-ab.3...2025.12985.0.13356.39.27.0.0.0.0.1079.4013.5-1j3j1.5.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..35.3.2576...0j0i67k1j0i30k1j0i8i30k1j0i10i24k1j0i24k 1j0i13k1j0i13i30k1.0.fMj5NNCo2CQ#imgrc=N6j1S_sBBOg8CM:

Here, starting at 13:50 and beyond for 3 mins are the best pics. www.youtube.com...

I find this stuff mind blowing.
edit on 15-1-2018 by Scrubdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I never put a lot of thought into this subject and after seeing those videos I want a thermal camera now. Thanks

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

Are you talking about the old green nightvision cameras with a screen resolution lower than old Atari/amiga computers.

Why bother when this can be done now.

Big Budget Military

Or pro grade Digital Mirrorless Cameras from Sony.

Strange all these ufo youtubers don't buy cameras like the Sony above but then again it may destroy there income

edit on 16-1-2018 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Are you talking about the old green nightvision cameras with a screen resolution lower than old Atari/amiga computers.

Why bother when this can be done now.

Big Budget Military

Or pro grade Digital Mirrorless Cameras from Sony.

Strange all these ufo youtubers don't buy cameras like the Sony above but then again it may destroy there income

That is just so cool.

Yes, in some ways I guess I was, but also just stuff focused on infra-red of any type.

I was only asking bc of the stuff I have seen on Youtube, and the fact that I wouldn't be able to afford the 3 generations ago stuff, never mind that great technology you're showing there. That's amazing!

Thank you!

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scrubdog
Darn it, y'all. I am hitting the "Youtube" thing, and putting in the url, and yet my videos all go to black. I blog on a couple other sites and have been able to cut paste easily. Hopefully the links are easy enough for you to manage, and I do apologize.

Again, the best triangle I have seen is here: www.youtube.com...

Just use the letters and numbers after V= and nothing else.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Been on here a 100 times and his stuff is total BS.

John Watsons Space Machines

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Been on here a 100 times and his stuff is total BS.

John Watsons Space Machines

I'm not doubting you, but can you tell me how you determined that?

I am not adept at weeding out the good from the bad, I simply looked at the pictures as incredible.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

You might like these as well.

Below real time video not the usual timelapse.

Aurora Real time Video

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Click on John Watson space machines it will take you to the thread now in the HOAX bin he could never provide evidence of his claims or info about his morphing ufo videos.

When out of focus lights can appear to change shape that depends on focus & aperture

Lots of members here long time amateur photographers we even have a few pros

Some of us post on here Members Astrophotography Thread

We know the night sky & limits of equipment.

The Star Capella in focus you can see stars in that image almost 100 times fainter than with your eye and thats with 150 other houses around mine.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Click on John Watson space machines it will take you to the thread now in the HOAX bin he could never provide evidence of his claims or info about his morphing ufo videos.

When out of focus lights can appear to change shape that depends on focus & aperture

Lots of members here long time amateur photographers we even have a few pros

Some of us post on here Members Astrophotography Thread

We know the night sky & limits of equipment.

The Star Capella in focus you can see stars in that image almost 100 times fainter than with your eye and thats with 150 other houses around mine.

Great answer.

I am an interested reader, not a discerning analyst, so I sure appreciate learning. I wish more people in the UFO community would acknowledge their limitations.

My interest is in learning enough of a baseline so as to tell interesting stories with a plausible reality. Learning more about how to be a good skeptic, as opposed to committed debunker, is just huge to me, so thank you.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

You might like these as well.

Below real time video not the usual timelapse.

Aurora Real time Video
[/quote

That was so cool.

Sigh.

I have the darkest skies to explore, and not enough money to really get a good set-up. I have the perfect place to have a good size telescope and whatever UFO type recording equipment might want to attempt. I hope to do it some day.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

We could see satellites as well as other unidentifiable stuff. Not just from the aircraft when airborne, but from the ground too. When you really crank up the amplification, the black sky became green and any previously invisible light source was brought into view. My NVG experience was with MC-130 and AC-130 aircraft.

There's a Youtube channel called Fluke Skywatcher. He has some excellent equipment and his vids are really well done. He not only presents weird stuff; he provides really good advice and analysis on what we're seeing out there. Here's his first one from a few years ago.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks

We could see satellites as well as other unidentifiable stuff. Not just from the aircraft when airborne, but from the ground too. When you really crank up the amplification, the black sky became green and any previously invisible light source was brought into view. My NVG experience was with MC-130 and AC-130 aircraft.

There's a Youtube channel called Fluke Skywatcher. He has some excellent equipment and his vids are really well done. He not only presents weird stuff; he provides really good advice and analysis on what we're seeing out there. Here's his first one from a few years ago.

www.youtube.com...

THAT is some of the stuff that I had watched before and part of why I started the thread, I just hadn't remembered the name.

Thank you very much.

This is quality stuff by a guy who knows what he's doing.

There's a sequence in which he films a delta shaped vehicle, invisible to the naked eye, with an airplane in the same shot, for comparison, it aligns perfect. Just a wonderful shot. Plus, he breaks down footage of the turns, perfectly, with arrows making it easy to follow.

A couple of his vids seem to show what look like shots up at the vehicle, (or whatever it is), similar to the famous STS video where the vehicle seems to suddenly accelerate away in an arc, seemingly to avoid a shot from the earth below.

I realize that I might be "reading into" the video a little bit, but some of those, especially the space shuttle video, where you see the flash, then a shot come up through the atmosphere? It's really hard not to think that was acceleration up and away from some sort of firing. I think I even read that the shuttle was over Australia at the time, which makes me think Pine Gap ....ok, now I'm really out there.

Fantastic video, when people are nicely responding to a newbie like me, helping along to avoid the garbage, it's when this site is at its best.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Here is the good one. Now, if you can easily debunk it, please do so without debunking me.

Looks like a bird to me. You wouldn't be able to see the wings flap in IR, but it does kind of wobble in a way that suggests it. Fun, though. I'm more intrigued by the other object in the video that goes straight down in a line. The one that seems to be tumbling.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Here is the good one. Now, if you can easily debunk it, please do so without debunking me.

Looks like a bird to me. You wouldn't be able to see the wings flap in IR, but it does kind of wobble in a way that suggests it. Fun, though. I'm more intrigued by the other object in the video that goes straight down in a line. The one that seems to be tumbling.

I have not seen any examples of birds pointed out in the images except a flock of ducks/geese, and those did look pretty obviously like ducks/geese bc you could see the flutter and the "v"

A single bird could easily present issues, and I hadn't really thought of that. I'd worried more about insects that are 10 ft away, far enough away to be unseen, and look weird on the image.

It is kind of fun stuff.

If it weren't so dam cold out right now it would be a perfect night to star gaze, very crisp, clear, little moonlight.

Thanks for the note.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhyDidIJoin
Night vision is cool but it's only good for infrared. You're better off to use thermal imaging.

Now normally I just sit back and take this sh*t but COME ON.....!

Thermal imagine IS infra red.

You belille the whole field with your stupidity.
edit on -06:0008America/Chicago2018115xRAmerica/Chicagob by PheonixReborn because: Typo

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

There is plenty of "weird stuff" going on up there, till you start to look a little more closely...

Borrowed from elevenaugust's excellent thread here

The above footage shows just how easily an ordinary set of events may occur, and together (in the heat of the moment), might look like something extraordinary, if someone is not paying attention.

Here are some more, mostly meteor footage:

NEC and Goto Corporation produce the NC-R550a, a three- EM CCD chip cooled video camera that costs around 44 000€ (some years back now)
Perseid meteor footage from NC-R550a:

More recent footage of Persied meteors taken with the A7S:

edit on 17-1-2018 by FireballStorm because: removed dead link

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FireballStorm

There is plenty of "weird stuff" going on up there, till you start to look a little more closely...

Borrowed from elevenaugust's excellent thread here

The above footage shows just how easily an ordinary set of events may occur, and together (in the heat of the moment), might look like something extraordinary, if someone is not paying attention.

Here are some more, mostly meteor footage:

NEC and Goto Corporation produce the NC-R550a, a three- EM CCD chip cooled video camera that costs around 44 000€ (some years back now)
Perseid meteor footage from NC-R550a:

More recent footage of Persied meteors taken with the A7S:

Yes, true.

I understand. I wouldn't be the type ever to leap to the conclusion that what I am seeing are UFOs, and if you've noticed, throughout this thread I have stressed that I don't have the research or analytical skills to really approach it as science.

I am writing a brief for the 9th circuit right now on a fairly important issue, it's certainly not magic, but not everyone can do it. We all have our things that we do well and then things we should defer to people with more experience, training. So, I feel secure enough in saying this isn't an area that I could confidently make determinations unless the damn thing was right on top of me (hey, it's happened to others, right?).

But, I am interested in far more than ufos. I would really like to see meteors, learn the different types. I would like to look at nebula through a scope, look at the moon through a scope, and look at sats and such through the night vision. Hell, I like watching the animals come out at night (I live in the country) at night. So, it's not like I'd sit out there thinking everything was a ufo, nor think the time is wasted if I see only natural phenomena.

Sorry so long but people been so nice.

Once one gets out of the light pollution, and really sees what a "night sky" is supposed to look like, it becomes obvious why the ancients were fascinated with the stars. They feel like they are literally right on top of you in a way that the sun and moon simply don't. Spending time outside at night, outside of light pollution, allows people to do something that I think ancients did almost nightly, and yet we NEVER do. I think there would be any number of fascinating things to see, we just never look up.

Great conversation.
edit on 17-1-2018 by Scrubdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: PheonixReborn

originally posted by: WhyDidIJoin
Night vision is cool but it's only good for infrared. You're better off to use thermal imaging.

Now normally I just sit back and take this sh*t but COME ON.....!

Thermal imagine IS infra red.

You belille the whole field with your stupidity.

Thx for weighing in.

I figured the same but then thought maybe the military has things that they classify as one but not the other. I knew that infrared is light waves beyond our optical vision, generally associated with heat. Just thought most people would be polite and not make fun of someone.

IF one is going to make fun of another, seems a little more appropriate when someone comes in pretending to know a ton. I try to make it clear I'm trying to learn, so it's a little weird that someone thinks it's funny to mislead as condescension.

The more I learn the more interesting stories I can write, so it is appreciated.

j

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
NV/IR gear is temperature sensitive, so if you were to go out on a night like tonight when it's really cold, you'd need to take measures to keep your scope warm. It still works when it gets cold and the low temperature doesn't damage it, but the sensitivity drops off the colder it gets.

The modern stuff that's available today on the civilian market is way better than what we had in the AF back in the 1980s.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join