It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NFL, once again, is above politics.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Maybe the annoyance with the protests are like any you would experience if somebody basically working for you in an entirely non-political job decided to push their political opinions in your face while they were doing it. If you ordered a cheeseburger at a drive-through but before you ordered the employee of the fast food joint yelled at you through the clown's mouth that they supported a particular political candidate, you might not be all that thrilled by it. Yeah, they can be political and protest, they have that right. But how about not doing it when you're getting me my damned cheeseburger?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
"F the NFL...those liberal pansies taking a knee...How dare they disrespect the country and flag I have soooooooo much love for"

Burns jerseys and throws out beer mugs.

"Ohhh wait...my team is in the playoffs and winning...."

Buys new jerseys and beer mugs.

"Go team go!"

So many woke non manipulable alphas out there.

edit on 15-1-2018 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
I'll asked since I'm over here in Eastern Europe and am not watching NFL games right now.

What happened in this game? It's the 2nd thread on it.

Nothing...Just a tiny blip in the force known as "the biz"

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

ahahahaha yep you called it, pretty sure these guys were whining about all that ahahaha

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
My favorite thing about the Vikings is how the billionaire Wilf family bilked the citizens for a brand new stadium. If you would have seen their houses you wouldn't buy them squat.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

edit on 1 15 2018 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
I'll asked since I'm over here in Eastern Europe and am not watching NFL games right now.

What happened in this game? It's the 2nd thread on it.

There is much more to the game than this, but it's the finale...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

No. There was politics when it was injected into the game needlessly.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

My favorite thing about the Vikings is how the billionaire Wilf family bilked the citizens for a brand new stadium. If you would have seen their houses you wouldn't buy them squat.

Here is a bit about Stadiums. If You can't gut the entire video ff it to the part about the Cincinnati Bengals™ practice facility and how many hoops the folks had to get the field. In Jacksonville, the City froze hiring of Firefighters so they could buy the $1B scoreboard. YES You read that correctly, a PRACTICE FIELD and a $1 BILLION SCOREBOARD for the people that can't wait the 45 seconds between snaps.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Such a pretty logo. Is it like a lure to a fish ,where one type works better with certain fish. Have never been able to understand the my team mentality . Where people go out and buy everything trade marked by one team then invest mental space on that trade mark. I've always liked players and if traded don't start disliking them because their new logo doesn't match my living room. Only trade mark I stand for is the Stars and Stripes

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: amazing
I'm quite certain that nonone is more patriotic than me.

If you would have added "believe me" at the end of that, it would have been a Trumpism.
Stay Golden Poneyboy.

lol You got me.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I don't see how it was injected into the game. I mean, sure there were protests, but it wasn't unbearable, in your face, disruption of the game. It didn't detract from the game at all.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I don't see how it was injected into the game. I mean, sure there were protests, but it wasn't unbearable, in your face, disruption of the game. It didn't detract from the game at all.

It probably did to the people who just wanted to get away from politics for a while and watch a stupid game.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

It probably did to the people who just wanted to get away from politics for a while and watch a stupid game.

And I get tired of politics too. You have no idea how many democrats and republicans I block and hide on face book. I come on ATS once or twice a day to get my fix and then I'm done with politics. But It just wasn't in my face on Football and I've been watching steelers games all season.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I don't get it.

Game winning touchdown.

What the F does it have to do with politics?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I've been a Steelers fan since birth. 53 years. 4 probowl trips. Countless jerseys and games. NFL Sunday ticket. Steelers helmet. Even have an official and signed pro bowl jersey with Polamalu on the back. He signed it in person, while it was on my back, at the beach. Yep, I had a sharpee in my pocket, just in case.

Then, I watched the Steelers stay in the locker room. Only one broke rank.

My dad was wounded twice in WWII. I was raised to respect the flag and the country. I can still remember my dad explaining to me what being an American was really all about. My mother was a war bride from across the pond. She went through the entire naturalization process and took the oath. I have the picture of her proudly standing taking it.

I cancelled the Sunday ticket. Immediately. And off went the TV. I've not watched another NFL game, and to be brutally honest, I really don't miss it. I've built tables, and tones of models.

I'm actually better off without it. Oh, and at least a couple hundred richer each year.

Yep, I'm done, and I won't be going back anytime soon.

And, I don't give a damn if it even makes any mark against them. I simply no longer give a damn about the NFL.

Fred..

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

so there were protests and players clearly being (in my opinion) disrespectful, it was all over the news too.

How is that not being injected?

It detracted from the game the same way a horrible personality detracts from a smoking hot girl. Their looks didn't change but you still don't care to be around them anymore.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Watching that game, i found it hard to believe that it wasn't thrown.

My son believes the NFL is rigged to create fantastic finishes. It could be rules, officials, or players. Whatever is going on, he's right on the "fantastic finishes".

But that missed tackle is beyond my ability to comprehend. These are professional athletes, with a very high degree of physical intelligence.

The cover of "I was trying to not get a penalty for interference" was complete bull-puckey. You ALWAYS take the penalty when a touchdown is the possibility. Its a risk assessment...and with no time on the clock, how else could someone assess risk. The guy is a college graduate...he can't lay claim to idiocy.

In any event, as a die hard for the Bears, im all to happy to see a conference rival represent us.
I just feel for Brees, and a team that seems to have been hosed over by a schmuck.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The point I was trying to make was, now apparent, a brief moment when it was the game and nothing else....

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The point I was trying to make was, now apparent, a brief moment when it was the game and nothing else....

Because the NFL took a huge hit in the wallet and has tried to keep politics away. But I still remember their initial response.

<< 1    3 >>

join