It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contradictions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
When a stream burst on the top of a mountain, the route the water takes varies. One trickles down the north side the other down the south. This seems like a contradiction one goes one way the other in the opposite direction. As different as they seem and the quality of the path taken varies. Now that aside, do they not eventually reach the sea? Perhaps the one who went south had the sea twenty miles away whereas the stream going north had to travel 200 miles before reaching the sea.a reply to: Murgatroid

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

I love when my tarot comes up with the fool. The journey begins afresh everyday.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocyte
...this is the sort of insanity that religious people (of the Abrahamic faiths mostly) constantly indulge in.

...a question I always ask myself: is this a reasonable thing to believe?

Reasonable?

Absolutely not, and yet you are falling for a religious fabrication, why?

The concept of “Abrahamic faiths” is a fallacy. It is reasonable to ask whether this is a theological Trojan horse designed to promote an Islamic worldview of relations between faiths.

The Abrahamic Fallacy (PDF)

You mentioned religious people who seem unbothered by contradictions...

Not only is the "Abrahamic faiths" concept a fabrication of Islam, it is a massive contradiction and anything but reasonable.

‘Abrahamic faiths’ is a distinctly Islamic term that subverts historic Judaism and Christianity, reframes them within an Islamic worldview, asserts Islamic superiority, and thus is the very opposite of its alleged intended usage. ‘Abrahamic faiths’ is a loaded term that reinforces the Islamic claim that “Christianity and Judaism are regarded as distorted derivatives of Islam…” and serves the purpose of Islamic da’wa.

The term ‘Abrahamic faiths’ and its cognates is misleading. Reinforcing the term’s misleading nature, Aaron Hughes, in the conclusion of his book-length evaluation of the term Abrahamic Religions, states that it is more an impediment than an expedient to understanding. I trust that I have made the case that the term is, for all intents and purposes, meaningless.”105 Whilst in broad agreement with Hughes, the term ‘Abrahamic Faiths’ is worse than meaningless, because it is literally full of meaning. The term comes from the Qur’an, is a loaded term that serves the agenda of Islamic da’wa while undermining the authenticity of Judaism and Christianity. Therefore, I conclude that ‘Abrahamic faiths’ is a term that should be abandoned by scholars except in its original qur’anic signification.

The Myth of the Abrahamic Faiths (PDF)

This false idea of there being three Abrahamic faiths is the false belief behind the latest apostasy rising in some churches that is called “Chrislam.” Chrislam is nothing more than preaching a false Christ to kowtow to Islam and shows that the people peddling this false religion want to be friends with the world system. So we see in Islam a whole plethora of things that Abraham would never do. Furthermore, the Quran makes many factual errors about Abraham such as the claim that Abraham worshiped at Mecca [Sura 14:37], but he actually worshiped in Hebron [Genesis 13:18].

Abraham did not believe in salvation by works. Abraham rejoiced to see the day of the Lord Jesus Christ, and he saw it and was glad [John 8:56], but Muslims deny Jesus Christ is the Lord and deny that God has a son. Abraham, as Jesus said, was not into killing people who spoke the truth. Muslims who establish sharia believe in killing those who speak the truth of the gospel. Since Muslims do not display the same faith as Abraham, Islam is not an Abrahamic faith.

They claim the god they worship, Allah, is the same as Jehovah. But just like Jesus told the Jews, “If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham. But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham,” [John 8:39-40]. Abraham, as I said before, had faith in God and faith in God’s Son, the Lord Jesus. That is the work that made him righteous before God.

The myth of “three Abrahamic faiths”

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

And the fact that some Muslims see Jesus as a prophet or a messenger of sorts of a God with "No Name" in the story of Moses don't say enough? And that they all kind of rip off one another with their own cultural background, even Judaism, and ironically, they stole it from other semitics too.

Imitation might as well be a sign of flattery.
edit on 22-1-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocyte
It is always amuses me how religious people seem unbothered by contradictions - by which I mean - contradictions between their fairy-tales and the fairy-tales of other religious perspectives.

Well, maybe among all the other attributes of this big, bearded Santa Claus in the clouds, God is a nullifier of paradoxes. This is because the paradoxes are only there because our puny vocabularies and semantics don't really represent the fundamental nature of reality, which incorporates and includes paradoxes of all kinds, and actually includes expression of all possible virtual variances in that reality. Because the entity exists "outside" our understanding as small-brained little creatures who like ice cream and getting inebriated.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Godly men are not religious. Confused children are.

Did you cheer for your home team, at any point in your life, just because they were the home team? That's religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join